Menu

What holiday cd's/music do you like?

OnTheBrink

Christmas Wishes from Bing Crosby and the Roger Wagner Chorale

A Merry Mancini Christmas by Henry Mancini His Orchestra and Chorus

Gene Autry Sings Santa Claus is Coming to Town (the whole cd has more than just this song.  Up on the Housetop, Ten Little Reindeer, Rudolph...)

Question:  Is the Charlie Brown Christmas just instrumentals?  I really prefer voices too.

Christmas Wishes from Bing Crosby and the Roger Wagner Chorale

A Merry Mancini Christmas by Henry Mancini His Orchestra and Chorus

Gene Autry Sings Santa Claus is Coming to Town (the whole cd has more than just this song.  Up on the Housetop, Ten Little Reindeer, Rudolph...)

Question:  Is the Charlie Brown Christmas just instrumentals?  I really prefer voices too.

yes.

• 1 year later...

I have a medley of Italian, Norwegian and German songs as well as English.

Among the English, I like classics like The Carpenters, Anne Murray, then there is Elisabeth von Trapp's rendition of Dona Nobis Pacem and the Vienna Boys' Choir as well as the Windsbacher Knabenchor. Oh, and Il Volo's Adeste Fidelis and Panis Angelicus, Susan Boyle's Away in a Manger and Joy to the World.

Someone recommended Pentatonix to us this week, the kids love it! No instruments, just voices, beat-boxing, unusual but some lovely songs, especially Mary Did You Know.

I'd never heard of Pentatonix until this week when my sister mentioned their Christmas album on a wish list.  My adult daughter said she's been acquainted with their work for several years now.  (I'm just behind the times!)  My husband and I watched a couple of their Youtube videos; I agree, Northwoodsmama, their rendition of Mary, Did You Know is impressive.

Regards,

Kareni

Many have already been mentioned. I love Christmas music - just crazy about it. 

For those who like Chrissie Hynde/The Pretenders - this is not a Christmas carol, but it's about Christmas time -

- Margaret Whiting - Huffington Post had something last year that said this song is about rape. How silly. 

- Piano Guys. 

The Christmas Album by The Carpenters

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

- this song gives me goosebumps, particularly when Boy George, followed by George Michael (call me biased, but I honestly believe that he has the best voice ever) sing at the beginning. I like the beginning of this song more than the rest of it. I remember when it came out - pure nostalgia. I think they all got together over the course of a weekend and produced this song. They look exhausted and rightly so. 

Hark the Herald Angels Sing - Mariah Carey - I don't care for Mariah Carey or Celine Dion really, but their Christmas music is superb. Hark the Herald is one of my favorite Christmas songs. 

- Andy Williams

Someone else mentioned Last Christmas  by Wham - of course! :D

- Bing Crosby & David Bowie

Anything by Josh Croban

Sarah McLachlan - not a Christmas song per se, but absolutely beautiful and about Christmas. 

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee

- Taylor Swift

- Jackie Evancho - amazing and she was only 10 when this was recorded. 

What Child is This - Charlotte Church - I think she was 14. Another amazing voice. 

Annie Lennox (whose voice I love) is a huge fan of Christmas -

Okay, now I'm really in a very festive mood. Just love this thread. :)