Menu

Have you returned food to Costco simply because you didn't like it?

Yes I have, and they were not bothered at all by it. I returned a dip we purchased at one time, as it was absolutely wretched. I am not particularly picky. I may not love something, but I can generally manage to eat it and I won't buy it again. This was just...terrible!

We had a few scoops out of it and returned it.

I would take it back. Unless you are a habitual returner, I doubt they'd raise an eyebrow. If you try to return something weekly, deciding you "don't like it" after consuming 3/4 of the package, and you do that regularly? Yeah, they'll be annoyed. Your situation is not an abuse of their policy. One of the things I love about Costco is their customer service and generous return policy. I don't abuse it at all, but part of what I love about my membership is knowing that they stand by their products. We had a printer die after a few months and got our money back, for example. We prefer to buy our electronics there when we can due to their return policy.

Yes! Not often, but we have. The first time we did it, we had purchased some *convenience* food for a trip. We bought these little chicken salad in a little can with crackers and relish all in one packages. We KNEW it wasn't going to be the best thing we ever ate, but after opening ONE can, the only things that got eaten were the crackers and the relish! The chicken smelled like CAT FOOD! We could not get past the smell. One kid, our *Mikey*, tasted it and when HE nearly gagged, noone else was willing to try.

I was kind of nervous about trying to return them and explain, but the guy working the register saw me coming, took one look at what was in my hand and said "Oh, I'm so sorry, you bought those???" :lol: I didn't have to explain anything he just started the refund. :lol:

I told him I wasn't sure about returning it and he said they want to know. If enough people return stuff, they will stop carrying it.

I haven't. However I worked for Sam's Club (WalMart's Costco) and people would do it all the time.

We have one lady bring back the fresh baked cookies in the two dozen pack. There was only one left in the container but she returned it!

We aren't super picky either, but these don't even taste like chicken. Even my youngest, who will eat pretty much anything, won't eat them. They taste like canned meat and they are rubbery. They have air holes, like nuggets, but they are supposed to be grilled chicken.

BLECK!

Dawn

Yes I have, and they were not bothered at all by it. I returned a dip we purchased at one time, as it was absolutely wretched. I am not particularly picky. I may not love something, but I can generally manage to eat it and I won't buy it again. This was just...terrible!

We had a few scoops out of it and returned it.

I would take it back. Unless you are a habitual returner, I doubt they'd raise an eyebrow. If you try to return something weekly, deciding you "don't like it" after consuming 3/4 of the package, and you do that regularly? Yeah, they'll be annoyed. Your situation is not an abuse of their policy. One of the things I love about Costco is their customer service and generous return policy. I don't abuse it at all, but part of what I love about my membership is knowing that they stand by their products. We had a printer die after a few months and got our money back, for example. We prefer to buy our electronics there when we can due to their return policy.

We aren't super picky either, but these don't even taste like chicken. Even my youngest, who will eat pretty much anything, won't eat them. They taste like canned meat and they are rubbery. They have air holes, like nuggets, but they are supposed to be grilled chicken.

BLECK!

Dawn

GACK! Sounds like the nasty "grilled" chicken at Subway. :ack2:

I've wanted to, we've bought a few food items that ended up being gross...all the Kirkland brands.....but just never found the time to get it back. At this point, we are avoiding the Kirkland brand food unless we've sampled it first :).

Yes I have returned items and they are very nice about it. THey usually tell me what's wrong it! I figure I pay to shop there, so I am not about to keep things that are just nasty. We do usually try new items before purchase to avoid a surprise, but sometimes it just happens.

I've never returned food because we didn't like it. I have if something was wrong with it (stale before sell-by date, etc) but not because of taste. I don't know, I always considered that a risk of trying new foods! ;) I try to limit our exposure by sampling when I can, or buying the smallest quantity possible the first time. (Obviously not many options for that at Costco!)

I've never returned food because we didn't like it. I have if something was wrong with it (stale before sell-by date, etc) but not because of taste. I don't know, I always considered that a risk of trying new foods! ;) I try to limit our exposure by sampling when I can, or buying the smallest quantity possible the first time. (Obviously not many options for that at Costco!)

Yeah, I think there is a *line*. I mean, there are things we have purchased to try and while it was an "okay, we'll never buy this again", it wasn't an "I want my money back" thing. But, there is this *line* that crosses over into "that was just N.A.S.T.Y." that merits a "they need to know about this!" response. :lol:

Green bag.

Tyson Grilled and ready chicken. 100% natural ingredients (says the label.)

Don't buy it!

I bet that chicken is the stuff in the blue bag shot up with all the salt water. That stuff is NASTY!

Sorry you ran into that there, I'm writing up recipes right now - so I'm going to skip my worst ever Costco story. It was b.a.d. :)

Glad you are returning it. I would, too. I use their return policy a lot.

I don't think I take advantage, but...they will probably ban me one day. We had a ridiculous mattress return affair (yes, I returned 2 and am on number 3 - almost became friends with the delivery/setup/return guys!). Now I'm afraid to return anything else.

I haven't. However I worked for Sam's Club (WalMart's Costco) and people would do it all the time.

We have one lady bring back the fresh baked cookies in the two dozen pack. There was only one left in the container but she returned it!

Love your avatar. We call him, Crazy Hair Guy. :lol:

Yes! Not often, but we have. The first time we did it, we had purchased some *convenience* food for a trip. We bought these little chicken salad in a little can with crackers and relish all in one packages. We KNEW it wasn't going to be the best thing we ever ate, but after opening ONE can, the only things that got eaten were the crackers and the relish! The chicken smelled like CAT FOOD! We could not get past the smell. One kid, our *Mikey*, tasted it and when HE nearly gagged, noone else was willing to try.

I was kind of nervous about trying to return them and explain, but the guy working the register saw me coming, took one look at what was in my hand and said "Oh, I'm so sorry, you bought those???" :lol: I didn't have to explain anything he just started the refund. :lol:

I told him I wasn't sure about returning it and he said they want to know. If enough people return stuff, they will stop carrying it.

LOL- We bought those chicken salad packets for our trip to Yellowstone lat week....they were soooooooooo nasty! We opened 2, but I don't have the exterior packaging...wonder if CostCo would still take them back? LOL Wow- they were just so nasty.