Menu

You're all certifiable. :lol:

And, the ONLY legitimate crock pot version is the HBSOG*, which enables the cook to take their crock to a potluck without sloshing the contents all over the car floor, and features a spoon rest on the lid.

If you don't have that, you really can't call yourself a crock potter. All other pots have been created committees of men who don't even believe in crock pottery, have never cooked with one, or truly not committed to the art of crock pottery.

Visit my website for more info: http://www.HBSOG-Saves-Dinner.orgnet

*Hamilton Beach Stay or Go

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Katia
You're all certifiable. :lol:

And, the ONLY legitimate crock pot version is the HBSOG*, which enables the cook to take their crock to a potluck without sloshing the contents all over the car floor, and features a spoon rest on the lid.

If you don't have that, you really can't call yourself a crock potter. All other pots have been created committees of men who don't even believe in crock pottery, have never cooked with one, or truly not committed to the art of crock pottery.

Visit my website for more info: http://www.HBSOG-Saves-Dinner.orgnet

*Hamilton Beach Stay or Go

So....I am legit! This is the exact one I have. Yes! I AM a Crock-Potter.:D

(now off to find some wienies to warm) :tongue_smilie:

Honestly! After 10 pages, I can't believe no one brought this up... this very important topic. Naturally, with my board name, I am obligated.

No one should use their Crock Pot unless they use uh-hum... Crock Pot Liners. They are not just for warming weiners, either.

(I am really not like this, but I could not resist)

Edited by Tea Time
punctuation?

Honestly! After 10 pages, I can't believe no one brought this up... this very important topic. Naturally, with my board name, I am obligated.

No one should use their Crock Pot unless they use uh-hum... Crock Pot Liners. They are not just for warming weiners, either.

(I am really not like this, but I could not resist)

Well, Miss "Tea Time," I think you'll fit in quite nicely here. ;) :D

Thanks Ladies for the laughs. I haven't laughed out loud like this in a while.

BTW- the only way to crock-pot is with a removable crock. I accept no other reality.

After all, I had ALWAYS had a one-piece unit. Change is hard. But when it began to leak, it was time to take the plunge. I now have one with a removable cooking bowl. Why did I wait? It is so so so much easier to clean!

Oh, my. . .I've been laughing so hard, my dh now officially thinks I'm certifiable.

And for the official record -- both dh and I use the Crock Pot.

He will occasionally wear his kilt -- Traditionally, of course -- and preferably with a dram of single malt in his hand.:drool5::001_wub:

I have yet to see him do both at the same time, however. :lol:

"The dark side of the Crock Pot is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural." - Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith

Like mixing Velvetta and salsa in a mini-crock, giving your kids a bag of tortilla chips, and calling it dinner.

Uh, it isn't???:confused1:

• 3 months later...
I just can't imagine how anyone can crock it without occasionally using cream of whatever soups.

I just never would have thought of it! I have not once put a cream of whatever soup in a crock pot. I put chicken broth in there. But that doesn't count, huh?

Okay, I'm gonna go check out this crock pot group (btw, I don't have a clue what brand crock pot I have, but i have always called it that so I'm gonna keep doing so...hmpft).

So if I said I believe that the base, removable crock, and lid are each separate items that function together to meet a common goal, rather than believing that they are each different expressions of a single object ...would you all throw tomatoes at me?

I do not take this question lightly. In our family we NEVER. never. waste tomatoes.

Would it be heresy to say that I think there is much truth and usefulness in all methods of cookery, even though I believe Crock Potting to be superior? For example, many methods of cooking use the very same ingredient preparation techniques as Crock Potting and I can't help but think that they've at least got that part right, even if they then choose to put the ingredients in an oven, or even a microwave.

First of all, would you want your children eating at the home of one these "people"? Don't you know what it could do to their long term health? Don't you care?

Gasping! A microwave? The very fast track to F_t C_mp?

And second of all, it not just F_t C_mp. What about their food spinning backwards?

Third of all, What if your daughters see other people doing this and begins to think that it is just fine? Next thing you will coming to your daughter's house for supper and how will you sit through THAT meal? How will you protect your grandchildren?

Can't we just make stew? :001_wub:

I understand your feelings are valid and it sounds like you just want to be a peacemaker, but really, some things are important enough, that you really must make a stand base on principle.

Man. You are NOT kidding. There is baaaaaaaad personality mojo at Chez Crazy today. One of the 4 year olds broke a window in their bedroom earlier. (we will ignore, for the moment, that the 8 year old claims he was "just walking by" - not possible - and "hit it with his elbow" - not unless his elbow was about a foot above his head, he didn't...) I just answered a business call (thankfully, another homeschooler) and, in the midst of that, found him IN. MY. DRYER! With the other 4 year old standing lookout.

Luckily, I, too, have a small, round Crock, which is perfect for mulled wine. Which I think may be necessary, if the children are not going to be tied up in the closet.

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Mulled wine sounds good about now. I may need to finish this thread!!! I have had more fun reading this than I have had in the past week!!!!! Thank you all so much for reminding me how to laugh. :lol:

"The dark side of the Crock Pot is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural." - Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith

Like mixing Velvetta and salsa in a mini-crock, giving your kids a bag of tortilla chips, and calling it dinner.

Sounds perfect to me!!!!