Menu

I just totaled my husband's car...

by backing into it in the driveway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, the insurance agent came and offered us $600.00 for the car. Obviously, it wasn't worth much but it was very reliable. We aren't going to fix it b/c it isn't worth putting any more money into. But, who ruins their own car by running it to it with another one of their own cars?????????????

My brother backed his brand new BMW into the garage door on his brand new house. It happens! LOL!!

My STBXH rolled a tractor into the side of our truck.... and i walked outside to find my car in the middle of th street since he didn't believe in using the emergency brake and left it in neutral :glare:

Really, you aren't alone! LOL!!!

When I was 16, my dad bought me a brand new Camaro. My sister backed into the side of it a week later.

A few years later, I was driving her car and backed into her husbands truck, wrecking both their vehicles at once. I really didn't mean to!:001_smile:

:001_rolleyes: Well....I didn't TOTAL it when I did it. *need little whistling smilie here*

ETA: I was dating a guy in highschool and when we got to school one day, I noticed his car was really torn up. It terrified me and I ran in to find him and see what happened. Apparently, as he was backing out of his driveway, his HOUSE jumped in the way.....

Oh no! I'm sorry!

But, no - you really aren't alone!

I closed our garage door on our car one time. I recently ruined a pristine new paint job on one of our cars. DH jokes that I take a paint sample from everywhere I go.

And I'll never forget when a friend of ours drove their car into their living room.

Sorry about your guys' car, though!!!

Yep, I park in the garage. He pulls straight in the driveway past the garage (MOST of the time). One day he didn't pull all the way up. I backed right into the driver side door. Volvo vs. Explorer. Volvo won, but both cars had damage.

WHAT'S WORSE...the insurance made us pay 2 deductibles. 1 for my car and 1 for his. Then I was charged with a wreck!

I did tell dh it was his fault. He should have pulled all the way up!!! But you really can't be at fault for a wreck when you are standing in the kitchen eating breakfast.

:lol::lol: I'm sorry, but this thread has made my day. That sounds so much like something I would do. This is why I am thankful that we don't have enough room for two cars to park one behind another at our house. I did nearly take out our camper once though, and that thing is in the EXACT SAME SPOT ALL THE TIME!

I once backed into my husband's car 5 times in a row.

It was 5:30 a.m. and I was on my way to a prayer group meeting.

DH always parks beside me. When I backed up and hit something, I thought it was log. There was no reason for me to think that. But, I have an SUV and I figured it could go over a measly log if I tried hard enough.

So I tried to back up over the "log" 4 more times.

Not once did I think to look in the rearview mirror.

I did get out of the car to move that [expletive deleted] log out of the way.

That is when I discovered I had been bashing my husband's car.

I once backed into my husband's car 5 times in a row.

It was 5:30 a.m. and I was on my way to a prayer group meeting.

DH always parks beside me. When I backed up and hit something, I thought it was log. There was no reason for me to think that. But, I have an SUV and I figured it could go over a measly log if I tried hard enough.

So I tried to back up over the "log" 4 more times.

Not once did I think to look in the rearview mirror.

I did get out of the car to move that [expletive deleted] log out of the way.

That is when I discovered I had been bashing my husband's car.

I hope you're laughing at this now, because I'm *howling*! Out loud. By myself!

This is so stinkin' funny, RC!:lol:

Oh, I am sorry about your dh's car. Really.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm sorry, I hate when stuff like that happens.

Just recently I backed into someone's car who was parked behind my parent's driveway. I had not seen it at all, it was like it magically appeared. I was on my way home with all my kids in the car and had to stop and track down the owner and go tell them I'd backed into their car. Good life lesson for the kids. Yeah, that's it. :tongue_smilie: Ds14 was so worried that the owner would get mad at me that he refused to go wait in the car and came along with me to "protect" me. My other kids just stood in the driveway with their Nana and watched me humble myself. LOL.