Menu

I will learn not to behave like I'm 17............

Tonight while everyone was inside playing Monopoly I ran out to the chicken house just to check on the birds. I had on slacks, pumps, short sleeved shirt.

It's 14 outside, but I was just going up to the chicken house, right?

Checked the chicks, they're fine,(it is a little cold) then I saw three of my favorite equines watching me. Ran back, loaded the wheelbarrow with special hay, rolled it over to the girlies, (starting to get a wee bit chilly).

Feed the girls, head back, put the barrow up.

Head back to the house down the hill (dang, it really is cold) and fall right on my donkey on the ice. Felt like I pulled every muscle in my leg and sprained my ankle. No phone. I got my shoes off and hobbled into the house via the back door so I don't get a lecture from everyone about how I should never leave the house without my boots, coat, muffler, gloves and phone. Hopefully it will snow tonight and my footprints will be covered up.

I am fifty. Fifty. Not a youngen.

I'm glad you are okay, meaning that you didn't break a leg or something. I hope you aren't in a lot of pain right now, and that you won't be in pain tomorrow. Is it time for a Mikes? Just don't mix narcotic pain relievers or muscle relaxants and booze. That's one way to land on Comas R Us without passing Go. Maybe something a wee bit stronger? No, no, not stronger than oblivion, stronger than Mikes.

My gosh, what if it had happened farther away from the house? Holy combinations and permutations! You could have broken your leg or legs or a leg & arm combo or ... you do the math! You could have laid (lain? you do the grammar, too!) there, and frozen to death! Next time ... you know what to do, so do it!

Why were you wearing pumps? I have a pair that I dusted the other week when I cleaned my closet. Did you go somewhere fancy before you took a spill? Or were you playing dress-up?

Cheers!

RC

Edited by RoughCollie

I am trying to picture you in pumps and it is just not working..... nope, can't get there. Sorry you are hurt!

:glare:

yeah.... I'm skeptical.

I'm betting someone's hacked her account.

"pumps" is a dead give-away, unless it's slang for a couple of double barrel PUMP action shotguns, lol.....

but just in case, here's another Mike's ;)

I hear you. I fell on the ice the other day while walking down the 1-block main street that is my town. I managed to get up and into the store I was intending to go into, then sat on a chair and gasped for a while. I had a nasty bruise for about 3 weeks or more...ugh. I wasn't wearing snow boots, and I should have been...I was wearing a pair of Payless "Uggs" knock-offs, not built for slick surfaces.

I'm almost as old as you, Remuda, so I have no excuses either. But it can happen at any age. I fall on the ice every couple of years or so but I need to remind myself that someday that could result in a broken hip.

:grouphug:

Dana

Tonight while everyone was inside playing Monopoly I ran out to the chicken house just to check on the birds. I had on slacks, pumps, short sleeved shirt.

Checked the chicks, they're fine,(it is a little cold) then I saw three of my favorite equines watching me. Ran back, loaded the wheelbarrow with special hay, rolled it over to the girlies, (starting to get a wee bit chilly).

Head back to the house down the hill (dang, it really is cold) and fall right on my donkey on the ice. Felt like I pulled every muscle in my leg and sprained my ankle. No phone. I got my shoes off and hobbled into the house via the back door so I don't get a lecture from everyone about how I should never leave the house without my boots, coat, muffler, gloves and phone. Hopefully it will snow tonight and my footprints will be covered up.

and your neck and back...I hope you are icing and taking lots of Ibuprofen.

I will pray for you!

Oh the.....ouch.....perils of being 17 (at heart).

Glad you made it to the house. Take lots of Motrin.

Next time, take a cute guy along to keep you warm. Then we'll really know you are still 17! :001_smile:

Well, no, you probably won't learn. :) We never seem to do we?

I hope you are not hurting this morning as much as I think you are. :)

Y'all are funny. Remudabutt! :lol:

Well, I call them pumps, not real high, but not boots or tennis shoes. I had been in town. Town tends to frown on shoes with poop on them. There's my excuse. ETA- I just checked out "pumps" because you were all so surprised. Mine are not high heeled, so I should have said flats???? But mine are obviously slick as chicken stuff. But FYI, I do have some heels. They are so sharp I probably would have gotten better traction with them.

I'm fine, ankle is a tiny bit sore and I pulled a muscle but otherwise.... I didn't take anything for the pain, but I shivered for a long time.

And yes, I was blessed that I could get up and into the house. The rest of the family left within minutes to go to grandma's, and given my chicken house/horse habits they wouldn't have thought anything of my being missing when they left. I don't go in with them for pizza night.

Thanks for all the good wishes!

Edited by Remudamom