Menu

What *thing* had you never heard of before you visited this board?

Now I don't feel embarassed discussing it in public....meatus! meatus! meatus! meatus!... Don't stick Q-tips in your meatus! Get your finger out of your meatus! Put the tissue over your meatus and blow!
:lol::lol::lol:

I learned about "Artisan bread in 5 minutes a day". Love it! :D

I thought I grew up in a conservative household but I came here and now I feel we were downright liberal! I. had. no. idea. that any of this even existed.

I kinda had an idea, but my idea was... undeveloped. I came here thinking I was a liberal Christian. Now I think I should drop the Christian and stick with liberal.

And I've learned that there are as many misconceptions among conservatives about what it means to be liberal, as there are misconceptions the other way. ;) It's a brave new world for me, since coming here.

I'm very sorry to have learned about Domest!c Discipline on the old board. I can handle Diva Cups. Got a placenta in my own freezer. Meatus, no prob. But DD -- so revolting.

I'm a much better teacher, worker, home manager since I found these boards. I love you people. I really do.

I had never heard of not allowing teens to date and the whole courtship thing. :)

Yup.

Butter bells. I can't wait to get one.

Thanks to this thread I know know what a butter bell is.

But "steampunk lit" is the latest new thing in a long string of them.

Ok, now I need to google this because I don't know what it is.

Diva cups, reusable toilet "paper" (cloth wipes for everyone), and the Green Bible

I must not be as much of a tree hugger as everyone close to me thinks because I wouldn't use any of these unless I had to.

I've had a DIVA for years, have used cloth wipes since 1999 but skipped all the bible threads as I'm an atheist. Now I've got to find out what a Green Bible is...

I'm very sorry to have learned about Domest!c Discipline on the old board. .... Got a placenta in my own freezer.

Ok, well, I missed Domestic Discipline.... What is that? The wife giving the husband a spanking, or the husband giving the wife a spanking? I thought we called that "brewing tea"? :confused:

The Rabbit.

Ok, so far I have a running list of:

• booKs and booKshelves (explained early in thread)

• Domestic Discipline (unless that involves the dreadful people with the plumbing supplies)

• and now The <very cryptic> Rabbit.

I am SO behind the curve.

And, also, have no feelings of accomplishment for knowing what Vienna sausages are (ghastly:ack2:)

*Gasp*, *choke*, *sputter*

Um...uh...how did I miss *that* conversation? Was that on this board or the old board?

(Oh great. Now I've given away that I have already been apprised of this little contraption.:blushing: And *not* because I have used one!!)

Ok, well, I missed Domestic Discipline.... What is that? The wife giving the husband a spanking, or the husband giving the wife a spanking? I thought we called that "brewing tea"? :confused:

Uh, no. Some men who practice this admit to finding it erotic, but the idea is that the husband spanks the wife to tears. Then she goes to the corner, naked, and stands or kneels, and thinks about her transgressions until the husband says she may get dressed. This is practiced by some (perhaps very few) Christians, and they've done a whole lotta work digging up Biblical texts to justify this as a means of maintaining a happy home.

Nice! Bet you're sorry you asked.

Boy did that whole thread turn my world upside down. Took a long while to get out of that dark place, let me tell ya.

Uh, no. Some men who practice this admit to finding it erotic, but the idea is that the husband spanks the wife to tears. Then she goes to the corner, naked, and stands or kneels, and thinks about her transgressions until the husband says she may get dressed. This is practiced by some (perhaps very few) Christians, and they've done a whole lotta work digging up Biblical texts to justify this as a means of maintaining a happy home.

Boy did that whole thread turn my world upside down. Took a long while to get out of that dark place, let me tell ya.

Ok.................................... Guess I missed that. Thanks for explaining????

Oh Ewwwww! (Domestic discipline) Sounds a lot like S&M to me...maybe without the whips and s*x.

Other than weird words for common things, not a lot. LOL

Of course, the curriculum advice and reviews are completely wonderful! I learned about CW here, Pentime was a big hit thanks to this board, and we are now using writing tales mostly because of the reviews here (and the friend I have who was already using it for her dd and liked it).

Edited by Tree House Academy

:blink: The things that people do... wow, just wow.

-Dyson

-lead in Crock Pots :ack2:

-asterisking as a form of emphasis on the old boards before we had all the neat gizmos on the new

-Reformed theology-love it (previously went my whole life as a Christian not knowing what Calvin did but thinking he was a vaguely *bad* guy for some reason!)

-the Duggars

-CIRCA!!!!!

OK I'm back. I looked it up.

http://wtmboards.com/K8genJul112007/messages/2413.html

It doesn't seem to be an exclusively Christian thing- "CDD" is the Christian version of "regular" Domestic Discipline.

Some sound like people getting their jollies. (One "leader" said his wife couldn't handle it anymore so he spanks other husbands' wives for them.)

Others sound like people with psychological issues that need to be addressed. This is some form of "self-medication". I feel sorry for them.

http://groups.msn.com/DomesticDisciplineandHOHRelationships/general.msnw?action=get_message&ID_Message=3

http://blog.christiandomesticdiscipline.com/

OK I'm back. I looked it up.

http://wtmboards.com/K8genJul112007/messages/2413.html

It doesn't seem to be an exclusively Christian thing- "CDD" is the Christian version of "regular" Domestic Discipline.

Some sound like people getting their jollies. (One "leader" said his wife couldn't handle it anymore so he spanks other husbands' wives for them.)

Others sound like people with psychological issues that need to be addressed. This is some form of "self-medication". I feel sorry for them.

http://groups.msn.com/DomesticDisciplineandHOHRelationships/general.msnw?action=get_message&ID_Message=3

http://blog.christiandomesticdiscipline.com/

Wow. You are good. You're right about it not being exclusively Christian, though I found that little twist to be particularly disturbing.

But I don't want to go back to that place. Lalalalalalala! Let's talk about CIRCA instead! Yeah, that's it! Circa binders! That puts me back in my happy place, how about you?

Wow. You are good. You're right about it not being exclusively Christian, though I found that little twist to be particularly disturbing.

But I don't want to go back to that place. Lalalalalalala! Let's talk about CIRCA instead! Yeah, that's it! Circa binders! That puts me back in my happy place, how about you?

:lol::lol: Well you can explain that to me, because I don't know what Circa binders are either!

Hey, those are nice! Thanks.

I promise to never mention DD again.:001_rolleyes:

They revolutionized my homeschool. I will be forever indebted to Karen for those. I am a new woman, no kidding.

Never mention what again? (I really want an emoticon with a little person plugging their ears. That would be dandy!)

Oh Ewwwww! (Domestic discipline) Sounds a lot like S&M to me...maybe without the whips and s*x.

Other than weird words for common things, not a lot. LOL

Of course, the curriculum advice and reviews are completely wonderful! I learned about CW here, Pentime was a big hit thanks to this board, and we are now using writing tales mostly because of the reviews here (and the friend I have who was already using it for her dd and liked it).

You cannot use domestic discipline and pentime in the same post. My mind went somewhere other than where it should have.

Diva cups (no opinion, I'm too old for these)

placenta smoothies (good for grossing out my Mom)

Klean Kanteens (I just bought 3)

making cleaning supplies (I do that now)

the Pearls (negative reaction)

homemade vanilla (I want to do that)

dryer balls (considering buying some)

Neti pots (no thanks)

mineral powder makeup

zillions of books and curricula

NaNoWriMo (okay, not a "thing")

Mike's

Sonic (no restaurants here)

grain grinders

rice cookers

weather radios

And now, domestic discipline -- anybody tries that on me, and I'll kill 'em!

Edited by RoughCollie

Books, bookshelves, teA, Mike's, Dysons, flashing the UPS man, HusbanKs, exposure to some of my own biases, prejudices, and misconceptions, and some absolutely amazing examples of love, support and the true goodness of human beings in general and the women on this board especially, and of course so many incredible curriculum shoices. I have been here so long that it really is hard to remember everything that I have learned here but I know that I am thankful for most of it.

I am so sorry for the thread on domestic disipline. It did accomplish it's purpose though as I had completely forgotten about it. I hope that many of you are able to do the same.

Oh. Nuh. Uh.

That is SO not in the category of BDSM. That is... that is... well, I honestly don't know what the hell that is, but it's appalling. And the guy whose wife can't take it anymore so he beats other men's wives? In what alternate universe are these people living, where violence against one's spouse or - even MORE unbelievable - someone else's, is sanctioned? I'm sorry. I don't care what perverse scriptural references a person can come up with to justify their disgusting need to control their wife through violence. That. is. vile.