Menu

What *thing* had you never heard of before you visited this board?

One of you kind ladies explained to me what a Vienna Sausage is.

What food, feminine hygiene product, or medical condition had you never heard of previously, but now do, because of this board?

I know of... and know more than I ever wanted to know... about Diva cups. :ack2:

I know of... and know more than I ever wanted to know... about Diva cups. :ack2:

:iagree: I can now say I'm more knowledgeable about something of which I knew nothing about. However, I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing....

Also, the term steampunk lit. Cool!

neo-Hellenistic belief, "snarky"

:iagree:I actually had no idea there were practicing pagans. Now I find that there are different types of pagans.:blink: "UH, DUH!" I had never heard the term snarky before either.

I already knew about the Diva cup.:D

Edited by Lovedtodeath

So many things that I almost backed out of this thread without replying . . . this is my big link to the good old American culture ; ). But "steampunk lit" is the latest new thing in a long string of them.

Seriously, I am indebted to this board for finding Classical Writing and other great curricula, many thought-provoking book titles, and even a few movie titles.

I had no idea what s/o meant. My first guess was "significant other" and I was thankful that someone else on the board had the courage to ask about s/o.

By the way, what is "TEA" and "Diva Cup"?

Claire in NM

Okay, I've gotta ask: what the heck is a butter bell?

Diva cup catches menstrual flow. You can then rinse and reuse. It is economical and environmentally friendly.

TEA is a euphanism for s*x on some posts and the cl*max of s*x on other posts.

A butter bell is an ingenious device that holds butter in an upside down cup which is then placed into another cup which contains water... so you have an airtight seal. Fresh butter, no refrigeration, spreadable. Ta Dah!!

Now I expect some rep points for typing this out while Nakking (nursing at keyboard);) ;)

Edited by Lovedtodeath

What food, feminine hygiene product, or medical condition had you never heard of previously, but now do, because of this board?

Well, it doesn't fit into your categories, but I'd never heard the expression "hairy eyeball" until visiting these boards. :D

Well, it doesn't fit into your categories, but I'd never heard the expression "hairy eyeball" until visiting these boards. :D

Okay Stacey... what does that mean?

I think it was something Patty in WA (now Patty Joanna) used and it was a hit. Here's a link to a roll call post with an example of the hairy eyeball at the end.

No clue if all the links work or not. Just figured what the hay ... make my day ... now go away ... I want to play ... morgan le fay ... whaddya say?

Well, now I'm just hoping that a Vienna Sausage isn't some kind of feminine hygiene product... :lol::svengo: :leaving:

I think it was something Patty in WA (now Patty Joanna) used and it was a hit. Here's a link to a roll call post with an example of the hairy eyeball at the end.

No clue if all the links work or not. Just figured what the hay ... make my day ... now go away ... I want to play ... morgan le fay ... whaddya say?

Oh yeah! I remember that now! I have not heard of it outside of these boards.

I was on the old boards, but changed my screen name for this one. I now use the same on all my boards. (babywhispering, AP, gaming)

Diva cup catches menstrual flow. You can then rinse and reuse. It is economical and environmentally friendly.

A butter bell is an ingenious device that holds butter in an upside down cup which is then placed into another cup which contains water... so you have an airtight seal. Fresh butter, norefridgeration, spreadable. Ta Dah!!

Now I expect some rep points for typing this out while Nakking (nursing at keyboard);) ;)

Okay, three new things I just learned.

It's the opining of the urethra...don't make me say more :D

Well it made me feel better to read that you also call other openings meatus.

meatus - a ductlike passage within the body or the external opening of such a passage, as in the ear, nose, or urethra

Now I don't feel embarassed discussing it in public....meatus! meatus! meatus! meatus!... Don't stick Q-tips in your meatus! Get your finger out of your meatus! Put the tissue over your meatus and blow!

I thought I grew up in a conservative household but I came here and now I feel we were downright liberal! I. had. no. idea. that any of this even existed. No flames, please, I respect it even though I can't go there with you. :) I have grown into a Christian who would be deemed very, very liberal and I am happy here. I learned about great authors here such as Karen Armstrong who have helped me find my way back to spirituality and to the place I feel is best for me spiritually. I learned about the diva cup. Still haven't actually seen one, though. I didn't know about the lifestyle where you read as much as you possibly can and about as many subjects as possible all the time.:D This has changed my life and my family forever. It is my favorite thing about you all and I am very grateful. I learned about Patty in the Pacific and followed her travels. For a long time I checked every day for updates on her blog and cried when I was afraid she died in the tsunami. I had no idea people actually went on adventures like that with children. The idea freed my mind and changed my life, again.

I learned about Flylady and that I cannot ever be one. There is soooo much more...