Menu

Knitters, are you casting on any new projects tonight?

I'm getting ready to cast on the Mason Dixon Flying Geese Blanket tonight. :)

A big cuppa tea and a few Cheese Its while watching TV. :D

If you're on Ravelry you can see my new project listed there. It should look a bit like the attachment below.

Knit on,

Calicokat

Very nice! Let us know how it goes.

I am not a knitter, I am a crochetist, but I am not sure I have time to take on a project right now.

My fingers are itching a bit...

i will be working on squares on my "blankie." The ones on ravelry are mostly done in sock yarn, but I am using worsted weight wool, so it is going pretty quickly. I think I can get quite a few squares done while we watch movies and eat junk food tonight!

LauraD in MN

donovans4 on Ravelry

Oh I love that flying geese blanket from Mason-Dixon Knitting! It's too advanced for me at this point, though. I'd love to see pictures of the finished product!

I just cast on last night for a new pair of socks for DD. The ones I knit her back in September for Yule were too small when I gave them to her... she is growing like a weed!

My newest Grandson is 2 months old, but still loves being wrapped in a warm afghan due to everyone keepig their household temps lower. We live in Michigan and it's chilly here.

I want to make up a quick afghan for him..but I really am ot fond of the shell patterns..tooo many holes for little fingers to get stuck in.

I am not overly experienced here..anyone got a quick stitch for me to do this afghan this weekend yet??

My newest Grandson is 2 months old, but still loves being wrapped in a warm afghan due to everyone keepig their household temps lower. We live in Michigan and it's chilly here.

I want to make up a quick afghan for him..but I really am ot fond of the shell patterns..tooo many holes for little fingers to get stuck in.

I am not overly experienced here..anyone got a quick stitch for me to do this afghan this weekend yet??

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/spiderweb-baby-afghan

not sure of the difficulty leve, but it's not shells. There were some other ones with a basket weave, granny squares, and just a straight line.

Ravelry has a ton of patterns for both knit and crochet.

Edited by CalicoKat

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/spiderweb-baby-afghan

not sure of the difficulty leve, but it's not shells. There were some other ones with a basket weave, granny squares, and just a straight line.

Ravelry has a ton of patterns for both knit and crochet.

Thanks but I can't get the website to open..I have asked for an invite, but it will be 3 days they say....

Hey, I made a flying geese block! I lost interest in making the blanket, so the block is still sitting in a basket, waiting to be felted down to make a pot holder or something.

No, I'm not casting on anything new tonight. Tonight I will knit furiously on the last little bit of a sock I should have finished months ago! But tomorrow I will cast on for a floor cushion using yarn I unraveled from a hideous afghan I made a few months after I learned to knit.

Hey, I made a flying geese block! I lost interest in making the blanket, so the block is still sitting in a basket, waiting to be felted down to make a pot holder or something.

No, I'm not casting on anything new tonight. Tonight I will knit furiously on the last little bit of a sock I should have finished months ago! But tomorrow I will cast on for a floor cushion using yarn I unraveled from a hideous afghan I made a few months after I learned to knit.

lost interest or it was too difficult or it was really a pain to do? I guess I'll find out tonight. :)

I'm going to be starting a few more pairs of thrummed mittens for our own use. We all have pairs but no spares! LOL I also have a sock book and am planning to do a pair of every pattern. We'll see. It took me about a month to get on Ravelry but I love it. I still have some pics of things I did for gifts that I need to add. I am bohemiangirl on there.

Oh my! I had no idea you could create something like that with knitting! I am a quilter, but it has become such an ordeal to do all the cutting, ironing, sewing, etc. Maybe I will have to take up a new hobby....

lost interest or it was too difficult or it was really a pain to do? I guess I'll find out tonight. :)

Just lost interest, mostly because of the yarn (Noro Kureyon - I cut the yarn into separate colors). I didn't like the way it felt in my hands and didn't want a whole blanket made from it. The pattern isn't hard at all, but I remember there being an awful lot of seaming. Seaming makes me impatient. :001_smile:

Oh my! I had no idea you could create something like that with knitting! I am a quilter, but it has become such an ordeal to do all the cutting, ironing, sewing, etc. Maybe I will have to take up a new hobby....

I just finished doing a log cabin rug too -- knitted quilts. I can't quilt so this is my alternative. :) The Mason Dixon Knitting books have several of these types of projects. :001_smile:

I just cast on the second sock for mil's Christmas socks. Yes, that says Christmas. I took a break after the first sock to knit both ds's hats. I may have to do the fish hat from Knitty for their next year's hats. They're hilarious!

Happy Knitting New Year!

Cinder

Dh is watching "Men With Brooms" (a curling movie) and I"m working on my Cat's Paw lace scarf (the one on the left) and deciding what color to make the Amused sweater (Knitty, Winter '08) which I will cast on next. I"ll buy the yarn this weekend, but can't decide on the color. I"m going to use Lamb's Pride Brown Sheep Worsted (love love love that yarn.) Here's the color chart, so help me decide on a color!

Tahiti teal?

Victorian Pink?

Blue Flannel?

Happy Knitting, everyone!

Astrid ("astridrobi" in ravelry!)

Started a hat for my mom about 3 hrs ago and just finished it. I made it on the knifty knitter so it isn't very complicated. I'm still relatively new to knitting and mostly enjoy short projects that I can complete pretty quickly.

Angela

I love my Knifty Knitter! I just finished a pair of legwarmers on the green loom and have been wearing them all evening. I made so many for Christmas gifts that I had to wait a while for happy feet! :001_smile:

Okay, a vote for Tahiti Teal. That was my first impulse, so thanks for your affirmation!

Fern Glad is LOVELY! I love Knitty patterns; I've done several. Hmmmm....fitted or slouchy.....tough call! One of each? I guess I vote for slouchy, that way if it ends up a bit bigger, it's supposed to be, right? In my experience, it's harder to get a fitted hat right. And your hair? Is it long? Short? If it's short, I'd say go for fitted. Longer, maybe the slouched version?

Ahhh.....one of each. The hardest part of knitting for me is the DECISION! :-)

Not casting on, but I'll be finishing up a Tudora that I'm making for myself from a skein of Brooks Farm Harmony (wool/mohair/silk) in a lovely self-striping purples colorway.

Tomorrow, I may cast on some socks, though.

Loving the Tudora! And in purples? Gorgeous!

I recieved a skein of Qiviuk laceweight for Christmas. I'm thinking of knitting Spiralicious with it. For some reason this pattern just speaks to me. No idea why.....but I just love it.

astrid

Okay, a vote for Tahiti Teal. That was my first impulse, so thanks for your affirmation!

Fern Glad is LOVELY! I love Knitty patterns; I've done several. Hmmmm....fitted or slouchy.....tough call! One of each? I guess I vote for slouchy, that way if it ends up a bit bigger, it's supposed to be, right? In my experience, it's harder to get a fitted hat right. And your hair? Is it long? Short? If it's short, I'd say go for fitted. Longer, maybe the slouched version?

Ahhh.....one of each. The hardest part of knitting for me is the DECISION! :-)

My hair is knee-length; I usually wear it in loose knot. However, I measured my head last night and it's 21" (measuring just behind my hairline down around the nape of my neck, where band would be worn) so now I"m thinking that maybe I need to go with the fitted band, then figure out how to increase in pattern for the slouchier rest of it. Ack. I just don't want to end up with a gorgeous hat that slides off my head all the time. And I don't think my husband will be into wearing the pattern or the material. He thinks cashmere is itchy. :001_huh:

I recieved a skein of Qiviuk laceweight for Christmas. I'm thinking of knitting Spiralicious with it. For some reason this pattern just speaks to me. No idea why.....but I just love it.

astrid

Gorgeous! I love neckwarmers (cowls?) like that. They call to me, too. {bookmarking} That looks like DK or sport. Would you double the lace weight or just use it single and let it be light and more open?

I was trying to finish a pair of socks I started in the summer. I have only an inch of ribbing on the cuff and the cast off to finish. I will likely cast on for a new project today though. I am trying to do one sock pair a month from the sock knitters anonymous on Ravelry. I can officially cast on for the Jan. challenge today and plan to do so later.

Love your blanket!