Menu

What is wrong with me?

Terabith

It’s been a crappy week. In addition to Helen and all that drama, Tuesday night I was freezing all night.  My husband kept saying it was 77, and I kept saying I had no reason to be cold, but I put on a sweater and took a hot shower.  I got several high heart rate notifications on my watch while I slept, and I woke up Wednesday and knew I was sick. Body aches, chills, exhaustion.  I had covid like exactly a month ago, so reasonably sure it’s not that.  Honestly, no idea where this comes from because not really any sick kids in my class. I make it through preschool and leave planning to go home and go to bed, but while backing up, car loses all power and even emergency brake won’t activate at first.  I physically jump out and grab car to keep it from rolling ina group of kids or another car.  Emergency brake eventually kicks in but car is not exactly in a spot at that point.  

Insurance isn’t answering phone because of hurricane damage.  After unsuccessfully jumping the car, we find a tow truck to tow it to dealer, and my in laws drive me home.  

I feel lousy.  Stayed home Thursday and Friday.  Temp was briefly 101.6 range, but mostly in the 99-100.  My head hurts. I keep shivering and my body hurts.  No cough or congestion.  I have less than no energy.  My appetite is gone and I’m a bit queasy.  This is too late to ba covid relapse, right?  I assume it’s some bug, but I just can’t get comfortable.  I’m exhausted but I can’t sleep.  I just ache and feel lousy and can’t get comfortable enough to sleep, and it’s miserable.  Maybe I should not have napped today?  I dunno.  I’ve tried showering and moisturizing and eating a couple crackers.  

Any thoughts on what to do to feel better enough to sleep?

• Sad 14

17 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I tested but second one was a rapid and pretty early into it.  I dunno. 

I tested negative the second time too, but I didn't believe the test.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon, whatever it is.

there is a nasty bug going around that isn't covid and there is covid going around.  It is hard to tell without testing, but I am hearing that some of these new strains don't show positive for a while.   

I am sorry you are sick,   Rest, Vit C, zinc, and liquids.

49 minutes ago, Rosie_0801 said:

I tested negative the second time too, but I didn't believe the test.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon, whatever it is.

It feels like flu, but I’m not certain I’ve ever had true flu.  Could easily be “flu like illness.” It’s nasty though, and I’m miserable, and I really need to be better by Monday.  

• Sad 3

33 minutes ago, Eos said:

Sounds like the flu. I'm so sorry about the car drama. Do you have a tub for a soak?

Yes, thank goodness.  Soaks have been heavenly.  

So much car drama.  Won’t know anything till Wednesday.   

We have a virus around here that’s like that. I think it’s parainfluenza because it’s still hot and it tests negative for flu or covid. 

I hope you feel better soon.

Edited by Katy

5 minutes ago, Katy said:

We have a virus around here that’s like that. I think it’s parainfluenza because it’s still hot and it tests negative for flu or covid. 

I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks. Anything especially helpful at speeding recovery or making people less miserable?  

6 minutes ago, Terabith said:

No urinary symptoms at all.  Those are super unpleasant, but I really think it’s something respiratory.  

Ok. It’s just my MIL just had similar symptoms with no urinary unpleasantness and that’s what it was so I thought I’d mention it. Her temp was higher though, and she’s a lot older than you, too. I hope you can get some rest and feel better soon. It took me a while to recover fully from Covid. Dh also had a relapse a couple of weeks after his first case of Covid ended. That’s also a possibility. 

• Like 1

Yeah, it seems like kind of a long time to be a Covid relapse but definitely feels like that’s a possibility. I also work in a preschool so I’m exposed to all the things. I’m not ever great at fighting them off, but I often do okay, but I know Covid can really do a number on that too.  

I feel lousy but not horrible and really can’t decide if I’d be better served by trying to do some light stuff around the house or just giving in and going back to bed.  

24 minutes ago, Terabith said:

Yeah, it seems like kind of a long time to be a Covid relapse but definitely feels like that’s a possibility. I also work in a preschool so I’m exposed to all the things. I’m not ever great at fighting them off, but I often do okay, but I know Covid can really do a number on that too.  

I feel lousy but not horrible and really can’t decide if I’d be better served by trying to do some light stuff around the house or just giving in and going back to bed.  

Give in and go back to bed. Give yourself permission to be sick.

I don’t know if it’s Covid again or something else. Our family had Covid in August and it took forever to recover. Some of us are still dragging. If you felt fully recovered, and now are sick again, I think it’s likely you have a new round of [whatever is going around], but aren’t we seeing that Covid can lower one’s immune system so you catch everything going around? Like measles did?

Whatever the cause, my vote is that you baby yourself today. Feel better!

Edited by Spryte
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Spryte said:

Give in and go back to bed. Give yourself permission to be sick.

I don’t know if it’s Covid again or something else. Our family had Covid in August and it took forever to recover. Some of us are still dragging. Our DD has dysautonomia now, POTS, and some other stuff that sounded scary — and she is sick again with an upper respiratory infection as of two days ago. If you felt fully recovered, and now are sick again, I think it’s likely you have a new round of [whatever is going around], but aren’t we seeing that Covid can lower one’s immune system so you catch everything going around? Like measles did?

Whatever the cause, my vote is that you baby yourself today. Feel better!

Okay.  Talked me into it.  I really did feel fully recovered, but I know that’s a subjective thing.  I guess it’s also possible I was fighting something fairly mild and the stress exacerbated it.  And to be honest, I don’t really feel up to doing much of anything.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Terabith said:

Thanks. Anything especially helpful at speeding recovery or making people less miserable?  

Things that lower inflammation. Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Cinnamon, Ginger, Turmeric, Garlic.

Things that lower viral load. Garlic. Oregano. Sunshine. Alcohol. 

I’d put a couple bags of chopped veggies - mixed carrots, peas, corn, green beans and a bag of chopped onions & peppers in the crockpot on high with loads of garlic, a teaspoon of turmeric, chicken, and chicken broth.  Then I’d drink a few shots of bourbon, gargle it before swallowing, spray on some sunscreen and lay out in the sun. And I avoid sun like the plague. But it lowers viral load. 

I imagine the mold spores in your area have skyrocketed, so consider taking Zyrtec or something before going outside. 

• Thanks 1