Menu

Sick People — check in here

Spryte

Checking in on the many sick people here. Seeing lots of sick people in various threads and thought we could all check in on each other in one thread. @Terabith, I didn’t want to highjack your thread! 

How’s everyone? All the sick kids and spouses?

@KatieJ You said in another thread you’re on Day 16. Ouch. It’s Day 10 here, and I don’t want to contemplate another week of this. I hope you feel better today.

I dragged myself up at noon with a pounding headache, just to take the next dose of abx. Most miserable morning yet, but hopeful the meds will kick in soon. In good news, the fever is finally down. Yay!

Hoping everyone sees some improvement today.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I'm feeling considerably better.  Tired and snotty but I feel better.  I'm trying to get some house cleaning done, and I have guilted my family into helping.  

The heart is for you starting to feel better but not for you trying to get cleaning done! You should rest and direct the cleaning from the couch.

• Like 6

Just a cold for us, but we are overseas and want to do all the things, yet feel draggy instead. I spent an entire day in the hotel missing out, but it was the best decision. 

Yesterday we all took a Big Nap all afternoon before forcing ourselves out for the NYE festivities. DH felt pretty miserable but it was sooo worth it, even if we don’t recover as quickly as usual from staying out late. 

Hope everyone is/soon to be on the rebound, and that no one has anything serious. 

• Like 3

I woke up at 5:45am w bad cough and fever.  Only did rescue inhaler w/ spacer plus a while  later mucinex.  Dh put the nebulizer up for me.  My bp is very low.  I am going to do a Covid test and then text him for advice.  We actually have an antibiotic here from Nov 2022 ehen dh was first misdiagnosed w an infection which was changed to poison ivy or something similar.  I can also take a bit of steroid to help lower temperature and also help my breathing.

• Sad 8

1 hour ago, Spryte said:

Checking in on the many sick people here. 

How’s everyone? All the sick kids and spouses?

@KatieJ You said in another thread you’re on Day 16. Ouch. It’s Day 10 here, and I don’t want to contemplate another week of this. I hope you feel better today.

Hoping everyone sees some improvement today.

So sweet of you! 
 I am still running low grade temp. 1st week was really bad productive cough with a sore throat, plus sinus and fatigue. 
I did see a Dr last week, to be sure it wasn’t pneumonia. Lungs are clear, just a virus. He did give me sinus spray. I have thrown every supplement I know of at it, plus nebulizing.  I am on antibiotic from my dentist as I have a tooth with a cracked root he doesn’t want to get infected. I developed pain there  plus an ear infection. It is just dragging on forever. But really, Other than missing up Christmas and New Years, I doing ok. Tomorrow I plan to go to a “salt room” . We have a functional PA here whose husband owns a fantastic supplement store along with  massage, laser therapy treatments, IV treatments, and the salt room. Hoping to kick this virus to the curb this week! Hubby has taken over cooking, and he is not a cook! Every couple days we go for a drive, get take out and just enjoy being out of the house. 
My family has changed Christmas gathering twice due to our 4 year old granddaughter being on immune suppressants for JIA. Current plan is next Sunday. So guess who woke up sick today! The 4 year old! Poor kiddo, but she didn’t pick it up from me! They have to take her off her meds while she’s sick..and we are praying her JIA doesn’t flare badly.

• Sad 5

I am not sick, but my husband is. He has covid. So far our young adult child and I remain healthy, and he seems on the upswing. It's day 5 for him.

Sometimes my husband is irritating, but I am really starting to miss his companionship. We talk a little as I pass through the living room (his domain) to the kitchen (not very germ-free either). I am wearing my KN95 mask and hoping for the best.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Kitchen is significantly cleaner.  Car is cleaned out.  Dining room table cleaned.  Upstairs bathroom is about halfway done.  Laundry is in progress and dishwasher loaded.  Cat boxes cleaned.  

Need to finish upstairs bathroom, wash sheets, and maybe go to preschool and change out my dramatic play area.  I don't think completely reorganizing all the books for the library is going to happen this go round.  

• Like 3

I’ve been sick for two weeks now, still coughing a ton and lots of nasal congestion. So sick and tired of this. I’ve got constant medicine head from my nightly cough suppressant. I’m taking all the vitamins and doing a daily sinus rinse and yet I’m still sick. I’m honestly pretty discouraged about it. Thanks for starting the thread.

• Sad 12

3 minutes ago, Terabith said:

Need to finish upstairs bathroom, wash sheets, and maybe go to preschool and change out my dramatic play area.

Uhhhh…you don’t mean today, right? I hope your family did all that other stuff and not you. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, KSera said:

Uhhhh…you don’t mean today, right? I hope your family did all that other stuff and not you. 

We all worked together.  We'll put in another hour or so of work later.  Not overly taxing any of us.

• Like 2

I started with Covid on 13 December and tested negative on 21 December.  I am now managing gentle walks of a couple of miles, but my breath feels wrong if I try more or faster, and I start to feel unwell if I do very much else at all. Normally I would be feeling very antsy from lack of exercise by now, but my body seems to know that I need to convalesce. 

I'm back to work on Wednesday but I don't need to go to the office until the following week.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

59 minutes ago, Harriet Vane said:

I’ve been sick for two weeks now, still coughing a ton and lots of nasal congestion. So sick and tired of this. I’ve got constant medicine head from my nightly cough suppressant. I’m taking all the vitamins and doing a daily sinus rinse and yet I’m still sick. I’m honestly pretty discouraged about it. Thanks for starting the thread.

I’m so sorry. Sounds like what I have. I am on box #4 of Kleenex…

Thankfully I don’t cough a ton at night…my theory is because I use a cpap machine…. But I truly don’t know.

I have been pretty discouraged. My dear husband brought home a floral arrangement when he picked up my Rx at Costco. ❤️

Personally  I would sinus more than once a day, just to help clear it out.

However, I have been nebulizing as much as 4 times a day, and yet…I am on day 17.

I have  heard from friends, this long lasting virus has hit many people. I am determined not to spread it…

Edited by KatieJ
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Just a mild cough and a bit tired here. On day 6. Heading to pulmonologist tomorrow tho because my lungs and airway really hurt when I do cough. I have moderate asthma so I do need to be a bit careful with my lungs. Unfortunate timing of illness in the house means we missed my Christmas present which was a long weekend away with friends/family. 😟

Boyfriend’s 16yo  son is on 6 of the flu. We took him to dr on day 3 and she prescribed Tamiflu. We thought he had strep but swab showed influenza A. We didn’t pick it up because we thought he was getting better in typical teen recovery speed. He stalled out and is still probably about the same as day 3. Really tired, mild fever and light cold symptoms. Think I am going to suggest he sanitize his room, wash bedding and shower today. Maybe see if reducing the germs in his room helps a bit. Hahsha

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KungFuPanda said:

I’ve decided to be sick next weekend. I’m getting a flu and Covid shot on Friday so I’m emotionally prepared for a terrible weekend. 

I got both together and had no downtime unlike my original Covid shots which laid me out for a day each. Hopefully you have the same outcome. 

• Like 1

Previous Covid shots have knocked me down, but I and my kids got new covid and flu on same day and only side effects any of us had was a tender arm.  I actually don’t know anyone who had a bad side effect to the new covid shot.  

• Like 2

Day 17!
I am going to step away from the thermometer as it reading normal for 24 hours. I still have sinus stuff going on but minimal. Energy levels have picked up a bit, but after sitting around for 2 weeks, it’s going to take a few days to get that back. 

I am going to go to a salt room today . They claim it will help all this crud. I am thinking positively!

DH has left my side and is playing pickle ball today with grandkids. I am happy for him! 

• Like 5

I am doing do muxh better.  No more fever and havd energy u like yesterday when my bp wS way to low even though I didn’t take smy of my bp medications I normally take. Fo need to keep taking nebulizer, though. And my lungs feel heavy and my fitbit shows I was breathing much faster than normal at night.

• Like 5

I woke up with a slightly  sore throat again this morning, but it feels more like dry air than illness. I went to the Y, planning to try Aqua yoga and gentle yoga classes since I don’t have preschool till Thursday, but the yoga pool is closed for maintenance so I did weights instead.  I was pretty exhausted after 30 minutes of weights that I decided against yoga.  

1 hour ago, KatieJ said:

Day 17!
I am going to step away from the thermometer as it reading normal for 24 hours. I still have sinus stuff going on but minimal. Energy levels have picked up a bit, but after sitting around for 2 weeks, it’s going to take a few days to get that back. 

I am going to go to a salt room today . They claim it will help all this crud. I am thinking positively!

DH has left my side and is playing pickle ball today with grandkids. I am happy for him! 

Researchers are developing face masks embedded with salt to help destroy viruses and other pathogens.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-022-21442-7

We don’t have salt rooms nearby so I figured out an easy way to breathe in salt at home. We have done this anytime someone has a bad cough or upper respiratory infection. I put about 1/4 cup of salt into a blender, pulverize it for awhile until it appears dusty inside, then open the small, middle part of the lid and breathe it in mostly through my mouth. Repeat a few times. If you try this, just be aware that it will probably make you cough a bit. I keep the lid off and then reuse the salt as needed.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BeachGal said:

Researchers are developing face masks embedded with salt to help destroy viruses and other pathogens.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-022-21442-7

We don’t have salt rooms nearby so I figured out an easy way to breathe in salt at home. We have done this anytime someone has a bad cough or upper respiratory infection. I put about 1/4 cup of salt into a blender, pulverize it for awhile until it appears dusty inside, then open the small, middle part of the lid and breathe it in mostly through my mouth. Repeat a few times. If you try this, just be aware that it will probably make you cough a bit. I keep the lid off and then reuse the salt as needed.

Hope you feel better soon.

Interesting!

I have been nebulizing with salt water/iodine/silver mixture. Definitely makes me cough and cleans out my sinus.

salt rooms have benefits of helping skin as well…not that I plan on doing this repeatedly, but it is very interesting.

• Like 1