Menu

Who else did all of their Christmas shopping online?

I didn't go out into the madness of mall or big box store shopping at all this season.

I was able to do all of my shopping via either amazon or llbean online.

At amazon I got: Lego kits, board games, Wii games, unsolveable puzzles and books. I paid no shipping because I have a prime membership.

At llbean: fleece bath robes, cool winter hats and gloves and flannel shirts. I paid $10 express shipping for all of this.

I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself.

Anyone else LOVE online shopping? Find any super deals?

I learned to shop online in 1999 when we moved to a tiny town in KY (pop. 4500) that was 45 min from the nearest SuperWallymart. Closest mall was 2 hrs away in Lexington. It worked out so well that I've been doing it that way ever since. Amazon's customer service is superb, so I've been pleased to find more and more of what I want there each year.

Barb

I bought dd2 a few things around town, and a couple of food stocking stuffers here and there, but he bulk was ordered online. I like to shop in small toyshops, and support local businesses but they didn't have the items that dd10 and ds14 wanted. Even though I live in a big city, I would have had to spend days chasing down the idividual gifts, and probably wouldn't have found them anyways.

I have relyed on online shopping for years now. I figure since the shipping warehouses are in the US I am supporting someones local economy at least :0) .

I learned to shop online in 1999 when we moved to a tiny town in KY (pop. 4500) that was 45 min from the nearest SuperWallymart. Closest mall was 2 hrs away in Lexington. It worked out so well that I've been doing it that way ever since. Amazon's customer service is superb, so I've been pleased to find more and more of what I want there each year.

Barb

Gosh, now racking my brain to figure out where you lived! LOL I grew up near Middlesboro KY (tiny town with similar population) and I am thinking Harlan, Pineville, Middlesboro...Barbourville...am I even close???

I bought dd2 a few things around town, and a couple of food stocking stuffers here and there, but he bulk was ordered online. I like to shop in small toyshops, and support local businesses but they didn't have the items that dd10 and ds14 wanted. Even though I live in a big city, I would have had to spend days chasing down the idividual gifts, and probably wouldn't have found them anyways.

I have relyed on online shopping for years now. I figure since the shipping warehouses are in the US I am supporting someones local economy at least :0) .

I thought about the local economy too. I did a lot of shopping throughout the year for Christmas locally, and then Black Friday morning I made my rounds.

We moved 15 years ago to our small town. Shopping was not easy; dragging toddlers around was not easy. Once we finally got a computer (I think that was around 2000) and I discovered internet shopping, my shopping trips got a lot simpler.

I don't enjoy shopping, generally speaking. I don't like huge malls, crowds, etc. I also found that I had to travel to St. Louis to shop (before the internet) and the driving time, cost of gas, lunch out, etc., all added up. It was much simpler and easier to just pay for shipping!

Me too--not all of it, but most. Amazon, Lands End, Etsy, Hearthsong. I bought some stocking stuffers are Target, and I had done some VERY early shopping at Marshall's when I spotted a few things DD6 would love (Lab in a Bag, crystal growing kit). The only thing I didn't manage was a digital picture frame for MIL. The research took too long, so it was farmed out to DH, since it's his mom anyway.

Love it!

I did quite a bit of mine online this year. And I am particularly pleased with myself for getting my nieces and nephews presents online, giftwrapped and sent straight to them - eliminating the need for me to queue at the Post Shop with three kids and pay an extra lot of postage.

I've done the bulk of my shopping online for several years. In the past two years, I think I've only shopped in person for stocking stuffers.

Online retailers are such a blessing to those of us who hate to shop.

I can't recall the last time I set foot in a shopping mall. Blech. I hate those places!

Me too--not all of it, but most. Amazon, Lands End, Etsy, Hearthsong. I bought some stocking stuffers are Target, and I had done some VERY early shopping at Marshall's when I spotted a few things DD6 would love (Lab in a Bag, crystal growing kit). The only thing I didn't manage was a digital picture frame for MIL. The research took too long, so it was farmed out to DH, since it's his mom anyway.

Love it!

How similar-

I did Amazon for online. Black Friday at 5am, I got two things from Target and went to Marshall's and got the gems kit (we already did the dinosaur dig kit) and a life size princess throne for dd5. I am also doing the research right now on a digital picture frame for my mother.

I was going to buy a frame on Amazon, but the reviews were so bad... Did your dh find anything? I still intend on buying one, but might have to do it locally now.

I did about 75% of my shopping online this year, most of that with free shipping from amazon or walmart. I also made one trip to Toys R Us, one trip to KMart and a couple trips to Walmart. I don't mind shopping IRL, but really like having things delivered to the door with free shipping!

I'm waiting on one more package and then we are ready for Christmas! :001_smile:

How similar-

I did Amazon for online. Black Friday at 5am, I got two things from Target and went to Marshall's and got the gems kit (we already did the dinosaur dig kit) and a life size princess throne for dd5. I am also doing the research right now on a digital picture frame for my mother.

I was going to buy a frame on Amazon, but the reviews were so bad... Did your dh find anything? I still intend on buying one, but might have to do it locally now.

Oh, Yvette, I just saw this! DD6 ADORES those excavating kits. We've already done the gems, a bug in "amber," and today she finished the "gold" mining kit. We have the dino one too, but I think we got a bad batch, because we couldn't break the block up to save our lives. It was rock hard. I have an Egyptian tomb one waiting for her downstairs too (I just now remembered :lol:). Someone around here runs archaological digs for kids, and I'm so signing her up when the next one comes around.

As for the frame, ugh, what a pain this has been. He went to Best Buy today but all the decent frames in our prce range were sold out. They told him to go back on Tuesday, when they'll have unloaded the new stock. At this point we're just kind of throwing a dart at the wall, blindfolded. They're all about 50/50 good reviews and bad reviews. I'm thinking we might go with a Kodak, but I was so overwhelmed with shopping and researching and providing wish lists and asking for wish lists and comparing prices, etc., I've just kind of washed my hands of it. If he actually ends up with something, I'll post here.

. We have the dino one too, but I think we got a bad batch, because we couldn't break the block up to save our lives. It was rock hard.

As for the frame, ugh, what a pain this has been. He went to Best Buy today but all the decent frames in our prce range were sold out. They told him to go back on Tuesday, when they'll have unloaded the new stock. At this point we're just kind of throwing a dart at the wall, blindfolded. They're all about 50/50 good reviews and bad reviews. I'm thinking we might go with a Kodak, but I was so overwhelmed with shopping and researching and providing wish lists and asking for wish lists and comparing prices, etc., I've just kind of washed my hands of it. If he actually ends up with something, I'll post here.

I got a callous from our Dinosaur kit, and that was after wetting it several times.:001_smile:

As for the picture frame, I bought a HP and got home and looked it up....back to the store I go. It gets a good review, but only has 480x 234 resolution and 128mb of memory. No wonder it costs $50 less than the other Hp frames.

I just want something reliable and not too confusing, and I don't want to spend $150 for a frame.

(I went to Best Buy tonight too.)