Menu

Thanks

Drama Llama

So my DD has started a balloon business this year.  She makes a few examples up for the kids to choose from ( helps the kids make a decision quick as they can see them). The most recent ones that were popular- swords, flower/heart balloons ( flower/heart on top and a balloon stick), pumpkins, and animals. 

I forgot- the hot air balloon was very popular with the barbie crowd.  They wanted ones for their barbies to ride in. 

Edited by itsheresomewhere
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Baseballandhockey said:

Any particular animals?

Dogs and giraffes balloon animals are almost identical. So if he can do a dog, he can do a giraffe. 

Hats are popular but I never mastered those. I agree with swords and flowers. 

Edited by Amethyst

52 minutes ago, Baseballandhockey said:

Any particular animals?

My DD used to love poodle balloons. She'd always choose them from a big menu of balloons. (One local restaurant had them on a certain night.) I think maybe the poodle was on a leash.

I also saw lots of kids choose hats and swords.

Edited by MercyA

One balloon bender gave us great advice that putting balloon art in the freezer can give it extra time.  We used to put them in the freezer overnight to play with them the next day.  My adult kids remember that they lasted great that way!  

A favorite thing from a balloon bender wasn't an animal: one candy bead (from a candy necklace) inside a smallish clear round balloon.  Once it's blown up you can get the bead racing around the inside of the balloon.  Fun!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baseballandhockey said:

My kid likes to twist balloons and has been asked to work some birthday parties.

He wants to make up a list of things that be practices so he can make them quickly and then have a menu for the kids to choose from.  What things would your younger kid like?  

My dh also likes twisting balloons. 
We recommend getting a pump to inflate the balloons. After an hour or so of blowing up balloons he will be quite sore. A simple handheld pump makes a big difference. 

Everyone loves wearing a crown and having a balloon sword. Of course there are the usuals—dog, swan, etc.

• Like 1