Menu

What are you excited about right now?

mommyoffive

13 hours ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

@mommyoffive

I love it when you start threads like this. 

I really appreciate your positive presence here. I'm really glad you're part of this community 🌻

Aww, thanks for saying that.  I love hearing everyone's positive news, it makes me so happy.  We need more happy news in the world.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Forget-Me-Not said:

Thanksgiving. My SIL, who I adore, is hosting and we are spending a couple of nights at her house. I will of course help with food prep, but I won’t have the pressure of hosting. Looking forward to good food, good conversations, and lots of board games. Plus my son will be home from college to join us.  

Awww.  I am glad you get to spend time with your SIL and your son.

56 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Aww your Christmas is going to be so wonderful!!

So awesome you got to see that last night.   On my bucket list.

I have lived here now for 5 years and it NEVER gets old. I hope you are able to see them in person one day 🙂

751C6719-22CB-40F7-B497-1558B99C50EB.jpeg

41483866-7F5F-41FD-82E3-2E0F15620FD7.jpeg

FA891C96-275E-4634-8733-824D3EA2207C.jpeg

Edited by Corbster98
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

Mostly birds and other local wildlife. I'm used to using a telephoto lens for (very amateur) wildlife photography. The wide angle lens will be very different and I look forward to learning how to use it.

You have great wildlife down there too.  You should start a thread for your photos.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

It's a book! 😄 So, double spaced it's now more than 200 pages in the Word document? But it's really more the editing that takes a long time. I want it to read well. 

Sorry, I meant how long was the book you were translating.  200 pages in word, holy smokes.

9 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Your party sounds so fun!

It was fun! Unfortunately, the weather really did not cooperate for the catapult. But, pumpkin painting was wildly successful, and Mark had a projector that shows the constellations of this time of year in the northern hemisphere so that was fun too. We were able to get the room dark enough for it to work.

I cannot believe how many cookies my almost three year old grandson sneaked and ate. Boy, he was one wired kid to get down for the night!

• Like 1

November! It is going to be packed with so much fun, friends, and family!  

My side of the family has an early Thanksgiving next weekend. My older sister is taking me to the Monet exhibit in Atlanta. My dd, who is taking a break from nursing, is taking me to Disneyworld for a week. The weekend I get back from Disney, my sisters and I have a sister weekend together. Our immediate family and ds' gf travel for the Thanksgiving break, and we are going with my best friend and her family. So, we'll have Thanksgiving together there! 

I think it will be the most fun in one month I have ever had. 

• Like 3