Menu

My family is gaining a new member

Elizabeth86

Just now, Catwoman said:

She doesn't look like a little puppy -- doesn't she already have a name?

Haha, yes actually I hadn't thought of that. dh is in communication with the guy so I will have to see. I feel dumb, this is the first dog I ever had that we didn't get as a tiny puppy or that we just found. Ignore me. The kids just started suggesting names and I got carried away. She’s 5 months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Elizabeth86 said:

Haha, yes actually I hadn't thought of that. dh is in communication with the guy so I will have to see. I feel dumb, this is the first dog I ever had that we didn't get as a tiny puppy or that we just found. Ignore me. The kids just started suggesting names and I got carried away. She’s 5 months.

She's still young, so if you really hate her name, you could probably gradually change it to something you like better!

She's beautiful, and I'm sure she will be super smart and fun!!!

• Thanks 1

She’s gorgeous! Aussies are my favorite and I am partial to merles.

I have two Aussie littermates, a blue merle female and her black tri brother. She weighs about 40 lbs. and he is just over 50 lbs. And then I have their older half brother, who is a blue merle Aussie/Catahoula.❤️

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Grace Hopper said:

Better lace up your running shoes for that one. 😂 I love love love Aussies but they are balls of energy. She’s a beauty and will be so fun to have around. 

How about Matilda aka Tilly?

Luckily we spend a lot of time out playing (we spent over 1000 hours outside last year) I have 4 little kids for her to play with and we go hiking almost every weekend, I think she will fit right in.

• Like 5

It could be a Border Collie. Border Collies out of working lines can have all kind of colors, they can be short hair or long hair, hanging or pointy ears, weigh 20 lb or 70 lb. There is not one type of Border Collie. Mine has short hair and has hanging ears.

If you get a show line they have certain characteristics however like long haired. It also depends where you are from. The US allows more colors than Germany. 

However, for me it looks more like an Aussie as well.

That's our boy

20220219_072827.thumb.jpg.f43fe1b9ed0c5437c49b31d44fd904b5.jpg

Edited by Lillyfee
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Lillyfee said:

It could be a Border Collie. Border Collies out of working lines can have all kind of colors, they can be short hair or long hair, hanging or pointy ears, weigh 20 lb or 70 lb. There is not one type of Border Collie. Mine has short hair and has hanging ears.

If you get a show line they have certain characteristics however like long haired. It also depends where you are from. The US allows more colors than Germany. 

However, for me it looks more like an Aussie as well.

That's our boy

20220219_072827.thumb.jpg.f43fe1b9ed0c5437c49b31d44fd904b5.jpg

They bred these dogs, it's an Aussie.

23 minutes ago, Grace Hopper said:

Oh that name is so cute? Are you wanting to change it? (I understand you might, I just think Bindi suits an Aussie girl).

I hope you’ll post more pics once she settles in. 

So far so good! She came from a home with 3 children, so she took right to my 4. She didn't mind the cat and our grumpy Chihuahua has already let her know who runs this place. I'm in love with her already. She reminds me exactly of the dog we used to have. 

6CC30E44-D6B1-4150-8813-F9A162DC9E2E.jpeg

Edited by Elizabeth86
  • Like 6