Menu

Graphic Novel for my 9 year old girl

Red Dove

My daughter asked for a “graphic novel” or “comic book”.  I have never been interested in them and don’t even know where to start looking.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  For reference, she likes mermaids, unicorns, princesses… but all suggestions are welcome.  I prefer to stay away from more mature themes.  

I posted this in the Literature Forum also.  I am not sure which category it would go under, but after I posted it, I noticed that forum does not get very many posts (is it not used anymore?).  

Edited by Red Dove
Spelling

I'm assuming "mature themes" simply means S E X, but if you mean something else you should be a bit more clear.

For that age group, if you're not sure what you're looking for, try Babymouse, Lunch Lady, Phoebe and Her Unicorn, Zita the Spacegirl to start. They're extremely age-appropriate.

Edited by Tanaqui
  • Like 2

My kids also suggest:

• Phoebe and Her Unicorn
  • Narwhal and Jelly
  • CatStronauts
  • Nathan Hale (bonus history learning!)
  • Wings of Fire (this one got a friend's daughter who would only read graphic novels to read the chapter book versions)
Edited by silver
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vintage81 said:

My 10 year old absolutely loves these. And her older sister loved them at that age too. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/15/2022 at 4:29 PM, saraha said:

Nathan Hale’s Hazardous Tales

when we started in this genre, I went and found reading lists on Pinterest. They had great story synopsis.

Thank you for this.  My son is loving those and he wasn’t even interested in graphic novels.  

• Like 2