Menu

Sheet Pan Dinners

Elizabeth86

This: https://www.veganricha.com/sheet-pan-cheeseburger-veggie-dinner/#recipe

We omit the sunflower seeds and bell pepper. We use chickpeas and broccoli (and of course the sweet potatoes and tofu). For the creamy sauce, we use vegan mayo rather than making cashew cream. That and the cheeseburger dressing really make the dish.

It's amazingly good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We make this regularly:

https://www.budgetbytes.com/sheet-pan-bbq-meatballs/

Also, I enjoyed a sheet pan gnocchi meal similar to this (but add sliced turkey kielbasa) but my kids didn’t. Ymmv. 
https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-crispy-sheet-pan-gnocchi-and-veggies-247360#post-recipe-9770

Edited by alisoncooks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have one in the oven right now. I parbroiled carrots since they take so much longer to roast. I have some green beans, carrots,  fingerling potatoes (cubed), and large diced leeks plus one chicken breast cut into sixths on the tray and drizzled with olive oil that I mixed with a little lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, basil, and some red pepper flakes.

I roast mine covered at 425 until tender, and then take the cover off and allow the potatoes to crisp just a little...only a little because very long and the chicken and carrots dry out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Faith-manor said:

I have one in the oven right now. I parbroiled carrots since they take so much longer to roast. I have some green beans, carrots,  fingerling potatoes (cubed), and large diced leeks plus one chicken breast cut into sixths on the tray and drizzled with olive oil that I mixed with a little lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, basil, and some red pepper flakes.

I roast mine covered at 425 until tender, and then take the cover off and allow the potatoes to crisp just a little...only a little because very long and the chicken and carrots dry out.

I just cannot read these two words without an image of Timothee Chalamet coming to mind. 😂☄️

Thanks for this thread, OP!

• Like 1

I TRIED to make sheet pan fajitas because you all inspired me.  I thought I had all of the ingredients, but I'd forgotten I'd used all of my peppers when I fried them up with pierogies and kielbasa yesterday.  Then Plan B was to do a Thai coconut curry, but I was out of coconut milk (and those peppers I thought I had).  I thought about a sheet pan tenderloin with roasted veggies, but I didn't want to do all of that peeling and chopping.  FINALLY, Plan D was a Greek pasta with chicken sausage, feta, tomatoes, and black olives.  A dinner eventually happened, but I really need to run to the store.  I also now have a fajita craving that won't go away until that happens

• Haha 2

On 2/4/2022 at 10:45 AM, alisoncooks said:

Also, I enjoyed a sheet pan gnocchi meal similar to this (but add sliced turkey kielbasa) but my kids didn’t. Ymmv. 
https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-crispy-sheet-pan-gnocchi-and-veggies-247360#post-recipe-9770

This looks really good.  Am I reading it correctly that you make it with raw gnocchi?  It doesn't need to be boiled first?  No added water?  

Or do you boil it and then do this?  

1 hour ago, Baseballandhockey said:

This looks really good.  Am I reading it correctly that you make it with raw gnocchi?  It doesn't need to be boiled first?  No added water?  

Or do you boil it and then do this?  

Dry/uncooked gnocchi! It’s crazy but it just gets slightly soft and chewy. 

On 2/4/2022 at 7:45 AM, alisoncooks said:

I made this with frozen gnocchi. I had been reading other sheet pan recipes online due to this tread and since I did not have the veggies mentioned in the recipe, I used ideas from other online recipes and substituted the bell peppers with asparagus and broccoli and replaced the cherry tomatoes with  a cup of sun dried tomatoes in olive oil.

After 10 minutes of baking, I went to turn the tray around and found that the veggies and gnocchi were coming along well but the sun-dried tomatoes were charred, burnt to a crisp and emitting  black smoke. So, I fished them out, discarded the burnt stuff and continued the baking. Finally, I added some more sun dried tomatoes after I plated the dish and some baby arugula and parsley. It was absolutely delicious and we enjoyed it (the gnocchi turned crispy and flavorful from the olive oil and spices). I will try this recipe again after I pick up the ingredients in the recipe on my next grocery run.

Thank you for the inspiration!

Edited by mathnerd
  • Like 2