Menu

Would you eat this???

mlktwins

I bought 2 packages of Purdue thin sliced chicken breasts (for our fav chicken parmesan). It was refrigerated at the store.

I set all my groceries in my garage when I got home and started emptying bags and putting stuff away.  I missed the bag with my 2 packs of chicken breasts 😢.  They were in my garage for 2 to 2.5 hours.  Lights out and garage door closed.  Temp was about 45 outside.

They’ve been in the fridge since with me trying to decide what to do with them.

Eat or toss?

I’m a bit weird with chicken because one time I made some thin ones like you have that had apparently gotten a bit old in the fridge and therefore tasted chewy 🤢, yet I’d still eat this. A 45 degree garage is pretty cold and 2 hours isn’t that long. 

• Thanks 1

I'm vigilant about food safety and I would eat it.  Is your garage much warmer than outside temps (ours tends to be)?  Even if it is, I think it wouldn't be warm enough to make a difference for that period of time.  🙂

Edited by Kassia
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, mmasc said:

@mlktwinsNow I want to know what your favorite recipe is! I have one ds whose main protein consumption is thin chicken breasts, and he’s picky, so I’d love a new recipe for them!

I think I am making it tonight.  I will post it tonight.  It isn’t fancy, but we all love it here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1