Menu

Body aches with no other symptoms?

Terabith

6 hours ago, Terabith said:

Would it be being lazy I tried to sleep???  I am so tired and so sore and achy and exhausted and nauseous.  I am struggling to keep my eyes open, vacillating between everything.  Just feel like I need a real rest

You need to sleep. I understand wanting to fight it but I think getting that rest makes all the difference in the world. I hope you start feeling better soon!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Terabith said:

Would it be being lazy I tried to sleep???  I am so tired and so sore and achy and exhausted and nauseous.  I am struggling to keep my eyes open, vacillating between everything.  Just feel like I need a real rest

You've expressed this in the past when you've been sick--it seems you have trouble giving yourself permission to take care of yourself when you are sick? Resting is the RIGHT thing to do when you are sick. It would be irresponsible to push through and make yourself worse. Does that help? Rest, rest, rest.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, KSera said:

You've expressed this in the past when you've been sick--it seems you have trouble giving yourself permission to take care of yourself when you are sick? Resting is the RIGHT thing to do when you are sick. It would be irresponsible to push through and make yourself worse. Does that help? Rest, rest, rest.

Thanks. My family of origin had a complicated relationship with illness, believing the virtuous thing to do was to hide it. So I still have residual shame over giving in and going to bed or do any standard sick things when I don’t feel well. 

• Sad 10

25 minutes ago, Terabith said:

Thanks. My family of origin had a complicated relationship with illness, believing the virtuous thing to do was to hide it. So I still have residual shame over giving in and going to bed or do any standard sick things when I don’t feel well. 

That's hard.  I have a different issue from my FOO.  My mother and grandmother were hypochondriacs who loved being sick for attention, sympathy, nurturing, concern, whatever.  As a result, I always question whether or not I'm really sick or if it's in my head and I also try to hide being sick - I'm not sure why, maybe because I'm afraid I'll end up like my mother/grandmother and take advantage of the situation.  But I always try to power through unless I'm too sick to do so.

Hope you can rest and feel better soon.  Rest is really the best thing for recovery.  🙂

Edited by Kassia
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Terabith said:

LISTEN to your body and let yourself sleep.  Hope you feel better soon. Fingers crossed it isn't a weird manifestation of Covid.

6 minutes ago, Kassia said:

That's hard.  I have a different issue from my FOO.  My mother and grandmother were hypochondriacs who loved being sick for attention, sympathy, nurturing, concern, whatever.  As a result, I always question whether or not I'm really sick or if it's in my head and I also try to hide being sick - I'm not sure why, maybe because I'm afraid I'll end up like my mother/grandmother and take advantage of the situation.  But I always try to power through unless I'm too sick to do so.

Hope you can rest and feel better soon.  Rest is really the best thing for recovery.  🙂

Yeah, that was the other complication.  Even when I was trying to hide illnesses, I was constantly accused of being a hypochondriac.  So to this day I am completely incapable of judging if I (and to a lesser extent one of my kids) is actually sick.  Gas lighting sucks, even when nobody intended to do so.  

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Terabith said:

A cough and nausea have added to symptoms.  Any recommendations for foods?  So far all I’ve been able to face is water, some tea, and a little jello, and the jello almost made a reappearance.  

Oh dear. Could you get something gingery? Otherwise, I would eat whatever you do feel you can face, and I think that is very individual. Any idea how long before your test results will be in? Did you take your second Binax?

I honestly would contemplate another covid test, even though I know you don't want to hear that. Not BINAX, but like a real done by a nurse kind. 

I'd add some Benadryl to your body to help with the nausea, or it's cousin, Dramamine.

For me, I can eat cold and sweet when I'm nauseous.  I'm down for anything that comes back up easily. If I hadn't eaten in a bit, I'd try some pudding...the chocolate and butterscotch taste the same coming back up. Avoid vanilla or tapioca or lemon.  Applesauce is too boring to make the effort to eat it.

Keep drinking water, and rest well.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KSera said:

Oh dear. Could you get something gingery? Otherwise, I would eat whatever you do feel you can face, and I think that is very individual. Any idea how long before your test results will be in? Did you take your second Binax?

PCR came back negative this afternoon, it’s almost certainly not covid.  Not that I can go anywhere.  In addition to feeling like poop on a cracker, I sound contagious.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Terabith said:

PCR came back negative this afternoon, it’s almost certainly not covid.  Not that I can go anywhere.  In addition to feeling like poop on a cracker, I sound contagious.  

I'm really glad it's negative. Sucks you're feeling so bad, though. But yeah, no way anyone contagious should be going anywhere right now (well, I don't think they ever should, but I think almost everyone can agree especially not now). I hope you feel better soon.

• Like 2

Now that we know I am negative for flu and covid, I am wondering if it would be worth a trip to urgent care to have someone listen to my lungs and see if at minimum they could give me some meds to feel better.  Or if I am better off just staying at home in bed.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

Now that we know I am negative for flu and covid, I am wondering if it would be worth a trip to urgent care to have someone listen to my lungs and see if at minimum they could give me some meds to feel better.  Or if I am better off just staying at home in bed.  

I think you should go if you have any concerns.  Better to be safe than sorry.  Hope you feel better soon.

4 hours ago, Terabith said:

I think I would go. You might need antibiotics, at this point.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Like 1

I went to urgent care.  She thinks it’s a flu like virus and that I am likely to feel better by tomorrow or Saturday.  She prescribed some stuff for nausea and cough and told me to go back to bed and stay there for 48 hours and see how I feel then.  Suggested I limit myself to water, tea, soup, jello, popsicles, and the occasional cracker.  So we will see.  

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Terabith said:

I went to urgent care.  She thinks it’s a flu like virus and that I am likely to feel better by tomorrow or Saturday.  She prescribed some stuff for nausea and cough and told me to go back to bed and stay there for 48 hours and see how I feel then.  Suggested I limit myself to water, tea, soup, jello, popsicles, and the occasional cracker.  So we will see.  

I'm so glad you went! Please give yourself those 48 hours of rest. Your body has been working hard to fight this virus so you need to help it by giving it some R&R. I hope you feel better soon!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Terabith said:

So glad you were seen and now you have doctor's orders for rest so you don't feel guilty doing so.  Your body is begging for rest and it is absolutely what you need most to fight this off.  Hope you feel better soon and please take care of yourself.

26 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

Hope you are feeling even better today. What you had sounded rough!

Yeah, I feel 100% fine today.  Yesterday I was back to about 80%.  So it was unpleasant, but pretty short lived.  Hopefully I'm done with illness for awhile now!

• Like 10