Menu

Good masks for kids (besides Happy Masks)?

kokotg

Happy Masks have been out of stock ever since I started checking a week or two ago. I bought Kn95s for my husband and my other adult-sized, vaccinated family members who'll have a lot of indoor exposure soon until I can get new Happy Masks (ours are all getting old), but I'm not sure what to get my 8 year old (his only inside thing will be an hour class once a week with a few other kids, all of whom will be masked...until a few weeks ago I'd have been fine sending him in a cloth mask, but now I'd like something more hard core). Everything I'm finding is sold out or won't ship for at least a couple of weeks. 

5 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

Call the lady at Happy Mask and see what she has. She can at least tell you what to order that will be in soon.

I'm following their updates on social media; they say they're getting 2-3 shipments a week, but that the last shipment they sold in 3 minutes what they were selling in a week in June. It won't let me order anything and have it shipped when it comes in--everything is just listed as out of stock.

• Sad 1

BeHealthyUSA.net and kollecteusa.com are both reputable sites that sell excellent kf94s for kids. I saw that BeHealthyUSA just started a sale on their Posh kids masks (right after I just restocked, darn it!). Both carry Bluna kids and BOTN kids, which are great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just ordered a bunch of enro masks after getting ONE happy mask, loving it but then stock issues.  I think they are low now on stock but there's another website to watch that should be similar quality to happy mask and washable/reusable.  

ETA oops forgot website 

https://enro.com/

Edited by FuzzyCatz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, FuzzyCatz said:

I just ordered a bunch of enro masks after getting ONE happy mask, loving it but then stock issues.  I think they are low now on stock but there's another website to watch that should be similar quality to happy mask and washable/reusable.  

ETA oops forgot website 

I've ordered an adult size of one of these that's supposed to be delivered Tuesday. It's for either DH or DS22. IIRC I placed the order last Sunday, so . . it's coming but it's not exactly speedy S&H.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kokotg said:

Happy Masks have been out of stock ever since I started checking a week or two ago. I bought Kn95s for my husband and my other adult-sized, vaccinated family members who'll have a lot of indoor exposure soon until I can get new Happy Masks (ours are all getting old), but I'm not sure what to get my 8 year old (his only inside thing will be an hour class once a week with a few other kids, all of whom will be masked...until a few weeks ago I'd have been fine sending him in a cloth mask, but now I'd like something more hard core). Everything I'm finding is sold out or won't ship for at least a couple of weeks. 

Happy Masks have been very transparent about what they're getting in when if you like their FB page or follow them on Instagram.  They are getting in shimpments twice a week, and you'll get a FB/IG update the day before saying what colors/sizes they're getting in on the next shipment, and they update the website at 10amPT/1pmEST.  They sell out within minutes, but if you know ahead of time what you want (which you can because they've pre-alerted you), you can get what you want.  They've lowered the free shipping limit so if you order two masks, it's free shipping.  Best to just order two at a time...

I just got two new black L's this week.  I wanted two grays as well, but I knew ahead of time that the shipment would only have S/M grays, so I was able to just order the black ones with free shipping.  Hopefully I can get some of the other color next week.

They said they'd already upped production for back-to-school, but didn't figure in Delta on top of it... they're restocking as fast as they can.  

I suggested these masks as good kid masks to a friend, and she's the one who told me the FB/IG secret.  I tried signing up for their email list, but that doesn't seem to work.  She got one for her kid because she got an IG message, and I hadn't gotten an email.  Liked the FB page, now I'm informed... (I'm not on IG...)

Edited by Matryoshka
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bonafidemasks.com has children’s K95. It was one of the shops featured in nytimes, if you needed confirmation of its legitimacy. I had to purchase more for DH due to his upcoming business travel (argh when you’re not the boss). 

We have Happy Masks but I lost track how many times I’ve washed them, so I’m also waiting for restock. 

At the end I’m actually just wearing an evolve mask and if I really want color and kn95, then I go with maskc. I’ve been become kind of loose with the mask I’m wearing. So evolve masks just feels easier to put on and stuff into a pocket.

I’m looking at m95 masks as well. Never heard of it until yesterday. Has anyone used these? I think they are based on European standards?

57 minutes ago, FuzzyCatz said:

ETA oops forgot website 

I was browsing for masks last week, but I can’t have cloth masks. They become too damp for me. Did I read correctly these are cloth yet won’t stick to the face?

32 minutes ago, Selkie said:

Have you tried Halo masks? We all find them more comfortable than Happy masks, and they’ve shipped quickly every time we’ve ordered.

It's funny how we all have different preferences.  I ordered a Halo back at the beginning when I was trying out different styles. I felt like it was heavy, harder to breathe through, and didn't fit as well. Tried to give it to my dd, she wouldn't take it. It sits in a bag... 

My 8 year old can wear the regular Kn95 from bonafinde.  But they also just came out with a kid version that will ship in the next few weeks

Face Masks | Face Coverings | Bona Fide Masks™

I also ordered some Kf94

Amazon.com: [20Packs] KIDS KF94 - Face Protective Mask for Kids [Adjustable] (White) [Made in Korea] [20 Individually Packaged] Premium KF94 Certified Face Safety White Dust Mask for Kids: Clothing

I haven't gotten them yet.

9 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

My 8 year old can wear the regular Kn95 from bonafinde.  But they also just came out with a kid version that will ship in the next few weeks

Face Masks | Face Coverings | Bona Fide Masks™

I also ordered some Kf94

Amazon.com: [20Packs] KIDS KF94 - Face Protective Mask for Kids [Adjustable] (White) [Made in Korea] [20 Individually Packaged] Premium KF94 Certified Face Safety White Dust Mask for Kids: Clothing

I haven't gotten them yet.

I just ordered that pack of 20 Blunas this morning!  Haven't tried any kf94s on my kids yet, but I want them on hand in case they need to go inside a public building or if someone in our house gets infected.  I'm worried that once school starts they'll be as hard to find as TP was back in the day.

• Like 1

We have Bluna KF94 masks for the kids and they fit really well - no more glasses fogging up on my older daughter! The ear loops are not adjustable, but on my littlest they still fit well if I twist the ear loop once, or you could use an ear saver to tighten them. But again, only an issue on the 4 yr old who is pretty tiny. I bought them on Amazon for faster shipping. 

I’ve been trying to order some Enro masks but they are out of stock on nearly everything in the right sizes.

I’d like a new one for myself and I’d like to send DS off to university with a few more Very Protective masks. I’m kicking myself for not ordering this summer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Matryoshka said:

It's funny how we all have different preferences.  I ordered a Halo back at the beginning when I was trying out different styles. I felt like it was heavy, harder to breathe through, and didn't fit as well. Tried to give it to my dd, she wouldn't take it. It sits in a bag... 

It is interesting how different we all are! Our experience is the exact opposite of yours - we all find Halos to be so much more comfortable and easier to breathe through. Meanwhile, we have several Happy Masks that were tried on once and then never worn.🙂

Just now, Selkie said:

It is interesting how different we all are! Our experience is the exact opposite of yours - we all find Halos to be so much more comfortable and easier to breathe through. Meanwhile, we have several Happy Masks that were tried on once and then never worn.🙂

So true.  This is why I ordered so many different kinds at the beginning.  Different strokes!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ktgrok said:

We have Bluna KF94 masks for the kids and they fit really well - no more glasses fogging up on my older daughter! The ear loops are not adjustable, but on my littlest they still fit well if I twist the ear loop once, or you could use an ear saver to tighten them. But again, only an issue on the 4 yr old who is pretty tiny. I bought them on Amazon for faster shipping. 

The Bluna definitely does have adjustable ear loops. There should be a little place on the end of each mask where you can pull it and the loop gets longer there as it gets shorter around the ears. I could find a picture if that makes no sense.  I agree the Bluna kids’ masks are great. One of our favorites. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MEmama said:

I’ve been trying to order some Enro masks but they are out of stock on nearly everything in the right sizes.

I’d like a new one for myself and I’d like to send DS off to university with a few more Very Protective masks. I’m kicking myself for not ordering this summer.

Oh that's a bummer!  I was able to order about a dozen from enro in the last week.  4 are going direct to college kid's new apartment!  It was very spotty for stock in the sizing we needed.  I bet stock is going to be dicey for a bit here going into fall lots of places.

8 minutes ago, KSera said:

The Bluna definitely does have adjustable ear loops. There should be a little place on the end of each mask where you can pull it and the loop gets longer there as it gets shorter around the ears. I could find a picture if that makes no sense.  I agree the Bluna kids’ masks are great. One of our favorites. 

I noticed from reading the reviews that it looks like lots of people don't know where to adjust it and think it's not adjustable.

@ktgrok if you can't find it look at the picture of the wrapper online.  It is circled with a red dashed line.

• Like 1