Katy

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/9/2023 at 5:58 AM, Terabith said:

71D5E63B-F073-4B85-8CFA-0B9F19E15A57.jpeg

We set a trap to try catch some cats that had been dumped here and take them to the RSPCA. Next morning we released our very sheepish looking dog. He was so happy to be out but the minute there was fresh cat food in there again and he had the chance he was back in! 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

C311CB5A-7766-4D4B-BB94-8C1BF90030E0.jpeg

It’s a skill. I wish I’d had that courage to start yelling back at the first men who said something vulgar to me. I was about 9 and it was at a baseball game. I bet if I’d started yelling about him being a creepy pedophile the first time I wouldn’t have dealt with three men making comments the next time. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Laura Corin said:

Oh yes please! If I'm lucky I might be interviewing for a job next month - over some good bread and oil,  and a nice mineral water please!

My daughter (and myself since we know the parents are scrutinized tooI) was interviewing for a multiyear scholarship spot at a (very expensive) multiple intelligence theory private school. I had no idea what to expect!!!! Knowing the money involved, it was high pressure for me.

All we knew going in, was she had to submit a portfolio of her art /academics and discuss them with the head of school and a few staff members.

They served us scones and drinks during the interview. We sat on couches in the living room of the school. It was so surprising to get offered food I kept declining their offer of hospitality. The environment was very cozy and very welcoming. It was all so foreign and almost distracting haha!!! 

She won the spot and after a few years there, I understood it was the head of schools lovely way of doing things ❤️

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Terabith said:

BF6B21FB-F53C-4E4F-99A7-0AAE083363C4.jpeg

This is lovely. I’ve never heard of a shark adopting a human before. 

eta: oh no, both reuters and snopes say it isn’t true. I wanted it to be. 

Edited by Katy
  • Sad 4