Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

2 hours ago, wintermom said:

O Lord, spring has hit us in Canada. 😱

And the right province. 
We're going to Vancouver in June - Their weather is very similar to ours.

On 3/22/2024 at 12:24 PM, wintermom said:

O Lord, spring has hit us in Canada. 😱

This reminds me of my feelings about spring in Maine wheni was in college there, too. The piles of snow should be GONE by April, but no.👎  

Edited by Emba
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Emba said:

This reminds me of my feelings about spring in Maine wheni was in college there, too. The piles of snow should be GONE by April, but no.👎  

There are definitely a few US states with crazy spring weather - so I've heard. Though I'm not sure it's to the same degree as Canada, simply because we're farther north (except Alaska, of course). 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wintermom said:

By June you're pretty safe in every province. Enjoy your trip!!

I've been to BC so many times . . . . . I like Vancouver.  I tell people to not bother with the Seattle Aquarium (and after this last trip to the science center, don't bother with it either.).  Go to the aquarium at Stanley Park.  fabulous  displays of all the underwater coves along Vancouver Island. . .etc. etc. anyway, I like Vancouver.  Though downtown did make me feel claustrophobic . . .

• Like 1

Oh Canada, my friend I feel your pain. 

This is my current view from my front window. He forgot to mention all the things that the melting snow uncovers like dog waste, trash, an occasional human cadaver. There is probably less of that stuff in Canada though. 

My current view from living room. It has melted a LOT. The sun can now shine in over the top mid day. 😂

17113814879608565103152716227197.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, frogger said:

Oh Canada, my friend I feel your pain. 

This is my current view from my front window. He forgot to mention all the things that the melting snow uncovers like dog waste, trash, an occasional human cadaver. There is probably less of that stuff in Canada though. 

My current view from living room. It has melted a LOT. The sun can now shine in over the top mid day. 😂

Yikes! That's a ton of snow!!!  Hope it melts super fast.

I have memories (not fond) of celebrating the first day of spring with that much snow outside. We'd restrict our activities to indoor 'picnics' and spread blankets on the floor and wear t-shirts and shorts all the while knowing that there is 3 feet of snow outside. 🤪

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, wintermom said:

Yikes! That's a ton of snow!!!  Hope it melts super fast.

I have memories (not fond) of celebrating the first day of spring with that much snow outside. We'd restrict our activities to indoor 'picnics' and spread blankets on the floor and wear t-shirts and shorts all the while knowing that there is 3 feet of snow outside. 🤪

That is great.

Alaskans are not great at restricting activities to indoors. 😂 My husband has chipped channels in the ice to help speed melt and run off in flip flops and shorts, people sun bathe on roofs which clear faster than the ground. When I was a kid the favored spring activity was pulling the row boat out in Grandma's field and boating around the field because the snowmelt created a pond. Lol 

It IS the uglyist time of year though.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, frogger said:

That is great.

Alaskans are not great at restricting activities to indoors. 😂 My husband has chipped channels in the ice to help speed melt and run off in flip flops and shorts, people sun bathe on roofs which clear faster than the ground. When I was a kid the favored spring activity was pulling the row boat out in Grandma's field and boating around the field because the snowmelt created a pond. Lol 

We get those kinds of ponds here, too! Mostly it's the ducks enjoying them. Boating in them would be a fun way to celebrate spring!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, frogger said:

That is great.

I remember spring Skiing in Utah - and there were women skiing while wearing bikinis. . . .. Major incentive to not wipe out.

3 hours ago, Terabith said:

IMG_5083.jpeg

Dont' wear those in Seattle, or someone might dump salt on them.

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

IMG_5090.jpeg

all I can say is: bless his heart. 

On 3/23/2024 at 2:48 PM, wintermom said:

There are definitely a few US states with crazy spring weather - so I've heard. Though I'm not sure it's to the same degree as Canada, simply because we're farther north (except Alaska, of course). 

Yes, I was careful to say “my feelings” about spring in Maine, not “reminds me of spring in Maine” because although we were within a very short drive of Canada, it was only the southern part of Canada! So it could only be worse further north😁

• Like 1

This isn’t a meme, it’s a couple TikTok videos from a late GenX or Elder Millennial having her daughter rate teen stars from late 90’s & early 2000’s. I just thought it was funny. oh, linking the scarymommy article so you can watch embedded videos instead of going to site. I still haven’t figured out how to embed tiktok. 

https://www.scarymommy.com/parenting/gen-x-mom-asked-her-gen-z-daughter-to-rate-90s-teen-heartthrobs-tiktok?utm_source=instagram&utm_medium=owned&utm_campaign=scarymommyfeed