Menu

Pfizer vaccine side effect ?

gardenmom5

I had my 2nd shot Friday. other than a killer headache, I didn't have much in the way of symptoms. Last night, I started a sore throat, and it's getting worse.  It could just be a uri, and the sore throat is caused by drainage.

anyone have anything similar?

I had Pfizer and, with the first shot, had fairly significant flu symptoms (exhaustion, fever, chills) for 2-3 days, barely had any reaction to the 2nd shot. But, no, I personally never had a sore throat, not even after the first. I don't think a sore throat is a typical symptom.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

I didn’t have Pfizer, but I just wanted to say that I hope you feel better soon, Kristen!!!

Thanks.  It may just be coincidence with the sore throat.   Not getting enough sleep - and it is a typical EBV flare symptom for me . . . . 

• Like 1

Yes, I did have a sore throat after both of my Pfizer doses.  It started (both times) about 48 hours after the shot.  It wasn't horrible either time but was more than just a scratchy throat.  If I am remembering correctly it lasted about 2-3 days.  I was also extremely tired, lots of brain fog, and kind of achy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, klmama said:

My guess would be dehydration or an EBV flare.  Pay attention to your symptoms, though, as symptoms of the Delta variant do include sore throat.  I hope you feel better soon!

I've never heard of dehydration causing a sore throat.  I spent EIGHT HOURS chatting with my sister at the mall yesterday.  (I had expected three or hour *at the most*!)  I was definitely looking for something to drink and didn't have nearly enough in that time.   Beecher's didn't have any of their ginger lemonade (cry), and I wasn't willing to fork out that much for a bottle of plain water. . .did eventually.)  

We've had an extremely strained relationship for years.    It was really good.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

Thanks.  It may just be coincidence with the sore throat.   Not getting enough sleep - and it is a typical EBV flare symptom for me . . . . 

I have read/heard this more than once: sometimes the vaxxes cause flares/re-activation of EBV and similar syndromes.  

3 hours ago, Halftime Hope said:

I have read/heard this more than once: sometimes the vaxxes cause flares/re-activation of EBV and similar syndromes.  

I'm actually currently reactivated (valacyclovir pushed me into full-blown chronic fatigue.  I'm off of it . . . )  and borderline flare on a good day.

the sore throat has pretty much faded.

Had a pretty productive day . . though finding out the mini-fridge had frost/ice buildup and someone had removed the tray separating the freezer compartment from the rest . . . . I ended up chipping it off and then I needed to just rest - and take electrolytes.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

I'm actually currently reactivated (valacyclovir pushed me into full-blown chronic fatigue.  I'm off of it . . . )  and borderline flare on a good day.

the sore throat has pretty much faded.

Had a pretty productive day . . though finding out the mini-fridge had frost/ice buildup and someone had removed the tray separating the freezer compartment from the rest . . . . I ended up chipping it off and then I needed to just rest - and take electrolytes.

Gardenmom5, I'm sorry I'm not really accurate with terminology for these illnesses; it sounds like a flare might be lesser than what you've been going through anyway?  

I'm really glad the sore throat has improved, and I hope you continue to feel better!  Best wishes!