Menu

Who is ready to kick off college application season for Class of ‘22?

fourisenough

4 hours ago, kokotg said:

He hasn't looked it into it, but we were assuming it's like @Eos says...just logistically I don't see how the studio profs would have time to take on any non-con students on a regular basis (if you figure a wind instrument professor probably already has 15-20 students at any given time, all of whom need private lessons). 

This confirms to me that it’s better to go to a college without a conservatory if you want to take lessons with actual teachers unless you are a conservatory kid. So much to think about. 

• Like 3

Just now, Roadrunner said:

This confirms to me that it’s better to go to a college without a conservatory if you want to take lessons with actual teachers unless you are a conservatory kid. So much to think about. 

I think they do make an effort to give lots of performance opportunities to the musical studies majors, or that's how they make it sound at least, but, yes, the private lessons thing is why he might not apply; I think it might be too sad to be so close but not have the chance to do it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kokotg said:

I think they do make an effort to give lots of performance opportunities to the musical studies majors, or that's how they make it sound at least, but, yes, the private lessons thing is why he might not apply; I think it might be too sad to be so close but not have the chance to do it.

That and improvement is in details, in tiny little details which you get only from top notch instruction. You really need top teachers for top results. Performing opportunities are great but not enough to improve in a way a kid who wants to major in music wants to improve. 
I hope he makes the audition! 🤞

• Like 2

DS just heard that he passed the prescreen at Blair/Vanderbilt! He's just waiting on Bard now, but I think he'll feel good overall about prescreens no matter what since he'll be at least 2 for 3, and he was on the fence about applying to Bard anyway. They canceled in person auditions, of course, so I need to go cancel more travel reservations 😞 Recorded audition + zoom interview with sight reading. 

• Like 7

My kid (who still isn't "sure" he wants to go into design) has been critiquing and rating the design of the acceptance packets. We rank Miami U's really highly. Lots of stickers, something geared specifically for the parents, and a social media style big poster to use if you want to tout your acceptance. DePaul was maybe at the bottom. Sticker and a letter and literally nothing else, though a human seems to have signed the letter, which was a surprising touch.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Farrar said:

My kid (who still isn't "sure" he wants to go into design) has been critiquing and rating the design of the acceptance packets. We rank Miami U's really highly. Lots of stickers, something geared specifically for the parents, and a social media style big poster to use if you want to tout your acceptance. DePaul was maybe at the bottom. Sticker and a letter and literally nothing else, though a human seems to have signed the letter, which was a surprising touch.

This is so funny to see someone else who did this. That's how I chose my college too. The quality of the paper, design of the materials, and outreach was clutch. LOL. It seems petty but is a surprisingly good indicator of how much the school is investing in its undergrads.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Farrar said:

LOL! My oldest did the same thing--he had an actual ranking system that deducted points for glitter. (and yet he's a math major, not design)

Edited by kokotg
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Farrar said:

Mine is doing it with college recruitment packages. Bismarck on Chicago ad was at the top, but Tulane outdid them with a mail designed as an iPhone. 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️

• Like 6

He just found out he's first chair bass clarinet in all-state band! He's having a very good news day! His clarinet teacher texted "and on a plastic Yamaha!" I'm not sure who all these people are buying $10,000 wooden bass clarinets for high school kids, but apparently it's pretty much expected if you want them to make all-state. (his used plastic Yamaha was expensive enough!)

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

DS17 received a rejection from our nearby California State University because he had dual enrollment classes after high school graduation (passed his CHSPE in May). So now he has to file an appeal within 15 days. We did put high school graduation date as June 2022 🤦‍♀️

That might be why UC does not allow the CHSPE date to be before high school graduation date on their app. We were told to put a fake date and then the real date of the CHSPE exam in the additional notes section.

Ugh 😑 that seems so wrong!

DS passed the prescreen at Bard! So that's all the prescreens--3 for 3! He has 5 auditions coming up now (and 2 that he's already done). Of course now I'm second guessing the list and wondering if he should have had some reachier places on it...but really the only one I can think of where the financial aid would have worked is Rice. Anyway, I should probably focus instead on how passing all the prescreens is an indication that his list isn't TOO ambitious, and there's a good chance he'll have good choices in the end. 

• Like 7

On 1/14/2022 at 4:43 PM, Arcadia said:

DS17 received a rejection from our nearby California State University because he had dual enrollment classes after high school graduation (passed his CHSPE in May). So now he has to file an appeal within 15 days. We did put high school graduation date as June 2022 🤦‍♀️

That might be why UC does not allow the CHSPE date to be before high school graduation date on their app. We were told to put a fake date and then the real date of the CHSPE exam in the additional notes section.

Only CSUs would manage something so moronic. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I hope you sort it out quickly. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess a lot of people are either all done hearing from schools already or have a lull between applications being due and decisions coming out in March...but we're just hitting the busiest season with music kid. We were supposed to leave today for Oberlin and Vanderbilt auditions, but instead he'll do Oberlin online Thursday (eek!) and Vanderbilt got pushed back. So Oberlin this week, Vanderbilt video due a week and a half later followed by a virtual interview with sight reading on the 11th, I think. Bard virtual audition middle of Feb and then so far he's still supposed to be going to in person auditions at Baldwin Wallace and Peabody/Johns Hopkins Presidents Day weekend. Whew! I'm currently fretting worrying that he's going to wake up with covid for the Oberlin audition after returning to in-person rehearsals Sunday and Monday. But I guess even in a non-pandemic year plenty of kids have to deal with poorly timed illnesses for auditions, especially since they all happen in the dead of winter. At least there's no chance of a blizzard messing up our travel for the first round since they all went virtual! 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, fourisenough said:

@kokotg Good luck to your DS with his auditions. 

My DD is at a lull right now waiting for one EA decision by 1/31 (her top choice school) and then she has several more RD apps that she won’t get decisions on until late-March/April 1. The waiting is…hard!

yikes--that's a late EA to wait for! Good luck to your DD on that and the RD round! Not looking forward to March myself after our last go round...but at least this time I have some evidence that it will all work out for the best, one way or the other.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My teen received the acceptance email from Hampshire! Now we'll have to wait and see what happens with the rest of the schools in terms of acceptance and scholarships.  I don't expect to hear from any more until March/April.  

It's great to be able to check in and read about everyone else's journey.  

• Like 9

9 hours ago, kokotg said:

I guess a lot of people are either all done hearing from schools already or have a lull between applications being due and decisions coming out in March...but we're just hitting the busiest season with music kid. We were supposed to leave today for Oberlin and Vanderbilt auditions, but instead he'll do Oberlin online Thursday (eek!) and Vanderbilt got pushed back. So Oberlin this week, Vanderbilt video due a week and a half later followed by a virtual interview with sight reading on the 11th, I think. Bard virtual audition middle of Feb and then so far he's still supposed to be going to in person auditions at Baldwin Wallace and Peabody/Johns Hopkins Presidents Day weekend. Whew! I'm currently fretting worrying that he's going to wake up with covid for the Oberlin audition after returning to in-person rehearsals Sunday and Monday. But I guess even in a non-pandemic year plenty of kids have to deal with poorly timed illnesses for auditions, especially since they all happen in the dead of winter. At least there's no chance of a blizzard messing up our travel for the first round since they all went virtual! 

Best of luck to him!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, threedogfarm said:

My teen received the acceptance email from Hampshire! Now we'll have to wait and see what happens with the rest of the schools in terms of acceptance and scholarships.  I don't expect to hear from any more until March/April.  

It's great to be able to check in and read about everyone else's journey.  

congratulations! 

Good news: DS thinks his Oberlin audition went well! 

Bad news: the clarinet prof sent him 3 new essay questions to answer afterwards (stuff along the lines of career goals, accomplishments, etc). He's already answered SO MANY questions for Oberlin! Surprise college essays are not very nice, IMHO.  AND Peabody/Johns Hopkins sent him an e-mail saying his audition is scheduled for the 22nd, even though it's said on the website for months that clarinet auditions are on the 21st, and we already have plane tickets based on that. ARGH. Peabody has been a consistent PITA for assorted reasons, and I'm about ready to dump them off the list. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, kokotg said:

Bad news: the clarinet prof sent him 3 new essay questions to answer afterwards (stuff along the lines of career goals, accomplishments, etc). He's already answered SO MANY questions for Oberlin! Surprise college essays are not very nice, IMHO.  AND Peabody/Johns Hopkins sent him an e-mail saying his audition is scheduled for the 22nd, even though it's said on the website for months that clarinet auditions are on the 21st, and we already have plane tickets based on that. ARGH. Peabody has been a consistent PITA for assorted reasons, and I'm about ready to dump them off the list. 

Oy vey…the fun never stops! 😅

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kokotg said:

Bad news: the clarinet prof sent him 3 new essay questions to answer afterwards (stuff along the lines of career goals, accomplishments, etc). He's already answered SO MANY questions for Oberlin! 

Great news about the audition.  But it must hard to be asked to write more this late in the process.

Hang in there!

• Like 1

We're still waiting on two more decisions, but save one school that gave terrible aid, Mushroom now has too many choices. He does not like making big choices. I foresee a massive breakdown at some point in this process coming up. 

I think it's really going to come down to Drexel or Clark, but then every time I try to eliminate an option, he doesn't want to. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Farrar said:

We're still waiting on two more decisions, but save one school that gave terrible aid, Mushroom now has too many choices. He does not like making big choices. I foresee a massive breakdown at some point in this process coming up. 

I think it's really going to come down to Drexel or Clark, but then every time I try to eliminate an option, he doesn't want to. 

Have you guys been able to do any in-person visits? I feel like April could be absolute crazytown for us! DD hasn’t visited any schools yet and I’m starting to get anxious. 

• Like 1

Son has been waitlisted for NC State.   They told him he could do a bunch of stuff to boost his chances of getting in, but he has his heart set on App State now, so he probably won't bother.   He got into App and plans to go there.

He didn't apply to any other schools.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, fourisenough said:

Have you guys been able to do any in-person visits? I feel like April could be absolute crazytown for us! DD hasn’t visited any schools yet and I’m starting to get anxious. 

Yes! Thank goodness. He's visited 5/10 of his schools in person and also visited a couple of others that he ruled out as a result of a visit. He will revisit Drexel for an admitted students weekend and he's taking a friend just to hang out in Philly. That's just so close for us, so why not. And he'll go visit Clark in March. I have offered to take him to Indiana if he's really serious about it. Or to Chicago to see DePaul. He's jumped at those less, which is part of how I know it'll probably come down to Clark or Drexel. But he said the other day that Cincinnati was still in and he was researching housing at Indiana. Seriously, it could be bad. 

Are you going to be able to visit any of her schools? That is so rough when you can't visit any of them at all.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2022 at 9:07 PM, fourisenough said:

@kokotg Good luck to your DS with his auditions. 

My DD is at a lull right now waiting for one EA decision by 1/31 (her top choice school) and then she has several more RD apps that she won’t get decisions on until late-March/April 1. The waiting is…hard!

DD got ‘postponed’ by U of Michigan. She took it on the chin, but I’m frustrated and mind-boggled, honestly. She has  >75th percentile stats plus great course rigor, ECs, LORs, and essays and she’s in-state. She applied to the nursing school (avg ACT in 2020 was a 30; hers is a 34).

I *think* she will eventually get in (they have a reputation for postponing—their name for deferring—a LOT of kids in the EA round), but I also thought she would get in on the first shot, so clearly I’m not a good judge of these things. Rationally I know that they received 80,000 applications last year (up from 50,000 per year pre-pandemic), so not all of them can be admitted. But dang it! My kid should have been! $&@%#^ Okay, thank you for tolerating my rant. I’ll go mop some floors and get over my rage now.

She has lots of other good options, but this one just really blew my mind. 

Edited by fourisenough
JAWM! I’m feeling very emotional right now and this is a safer place to open up than with my family; DD is pretty chill about it all, so I don’t want to project my true feelings on her!
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Farrar said:

Are you going to be able to visit any of her schools? That is so rough when you can't visit any of them at all.

We’re waiting on a couple of specialty program admission decisions: Loyola Chicago’s Rome Start program and MSU Nurse Scholar Program. And she has already been invited to U of Detroit-Mercy’s Accelerated PA program.

I think we will visit those three (if admitted to all) in March as they are probably her top contenders. 

She also has Seattle U, Xavier, and Butler which I think she has mostly eliminated for various reasons.

She has 7 more RD apps in, so those, if admitted to any, will be our April visits. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, fourisenough said:

DD got ‘postponed’ by U of Michigan. She took it on the chin, but I’m frustrated and mind-boggled, honestly. She has  >75th percentile stats plus great course rigor, ECs, LORs, and essays and she’s in-state. She applied to the nursing school (avg ACT in 2020 was a 30; hers is a 34).

I *think* she will eventually get in (they have a reputation for postponing—their name for deferring—a LOT of kids in the EA round), but I also thought she would get in on the first shot, so clearly I’m not a good judge of these things. Rationally I know that they received 80,000 applications last year (up from 50,000 per year pre-pandemic), so not all of them can be admitted. But dang it! My kid should have been! $&@%#^ Okay, thank you for tolerating my rant. I’ll go mop some floors and get over my rage now.

This happened during the year that my older son applied as well. Tons of kids with crazy good stats were postponed and then got in during the next round of admissions. Their window for evaluating EA apps always struck us as pretty tight based on the number of apps they receive! I'm pretty sure they just defer the ones they don't quite get to. 

Definitely not fun to get deferred, but I would not give up hope since they are pretty famous for doing that!

Good luck!

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, UmmIbrahim said:

This happened during the year that my older son applied as well. Tons of kids with crazy good stats were postponed and then got in during the next round of admissions. Their window for evaluating EA apps always struck us as pretty tight based on the number of apps they receive! I'm pretty sure they just defer the ones they don't quite get to. 

Definitely not fun to get deferred, but I would not give up hope since they are pretty famous for doing that!

Good luck!

Thank you for this. The more people I hear say it, the less freaked out I am. And it’s a great reminder that ‘what will be, will be’. DD has some great safety options, so she’ll be perfectly fine.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, fourisenough said:

Thank you for this. The more people I hear say it, the less freaked out I am. And it’s a great reminder that ‘what will be, will be’. DD has some great safety options, so she’ll be perfectly fine.

The "OMG THIS kid got deferred at Michigan!?" conversations on CC and on my professional IEC groups are definitely eye-raising. It's a lottery school at this point. For every kid they're letting in, there are clearly half a dozen or more with just as good stats. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, fourisenough said:

Oh mama, sending you both big hugs. Nursing school is so dang competitive!! It is ridiculous. It was easier for me to get into law school than nursing school by far!! Keep your chin up. Wishing her more good news soon.

Edited by SeaConquest
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, fourisenough said:

Ugh--I'm sorry! It's so rough out there these days. Fingers crossed for RD, but it's great that she already has good options. 

• Like 1

I'm freaking out about potential April visits, too. He was supposed to see everywhere when we traveled for auditions, and now three of them have ended up virtual so far--all places he's never seen in person. We have a Natchez Trace road trip all booked for spring break, because I was counting on him already having seen everywhere, but if he gets in much of anywhere else then that's probably turning into a college visit trip. I thought about literally making a flowchart the other night, trying to figure out all the different scenarios: if he's admitted to School A, that will knock School B out of contention, so we don't need to see it, etc. The most complicated possibility is if he gets in everywhere except his top choice; then there really won't be a clear frontrunner, and we might need to make a lot of visits.  

• Like 4

17 hours ago, kokotg said:

I'm freaking out about potential April visits, too. He was supposed to see everywhere when we traveled for auditions, and now three of them have ended up virtual so far--all places he's never seen in person. We have a Natchez Trace road trip all booked for spring break, because I was counting on him already having seen everywhere, but if he gets in much of anywhere else then that's probably turning into a college visit trip. I thought about literally making a flowchart the other night, trying to figure out all the different scenarios: if he's admitted to School A, that will knock School B out of contention, so we don't need to see it, etc. The most complicated possibility is if he gets in everywhere except his top choice; then there really won't be a clear frontrunner, and we might need to make a lot of visits.  

When my oldest was applying to college, we followed along with our friend who was applying for theatre at the same time (they applied to many of the schools that I've seen you mention on your list!). It's basically a double application process and just brutal with all of the auditioning. Hang in there!

Not that this is a particularly helpful comment, but my son ended up NEVER visiting the school that he is attending now. Much of our visit time fell during the early days of the pandemic when there were no vaccines and campuses were COMPLETELY shut down. Luckily, we had made two trips right before things closed and were able to evaluate UIUC and UMich in-person. Looking back, I think it was good for us to get the feel of a larger state school in-person since we didn't have much context (DH and I both went to a smaller, private university). However, we had a HUGE list and DS ended up picking completely sight unseen.

While, of course, this is not what you want to do, my son absolutely loves where he is and it all worked out great in the end. I truly believe that there were many schools on our list where he would have found a place to be happy. I tend not to go for the whole "one dream school" idea, and you can always transfer if things end up not being a good fit! So try really hard not to stress if you can't quite squeeze in all of the visits that you would like! It really can work out okay without 🙂 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, UmmIbrahim said:

When my oldest was applying to college, we followed along with our friend who was applying for theatre at the same time (they applied to many of the schools that I've seen you mention on your list!). It's basically a double application process and just brutal with all of the auditioning. Hang in there!

Not that this is a particularly helpful comment, but my son ended up NEVER visiting the school that he is attending now. Much of our visit time fell during the early days of the pandemic when there were no vaccines and campuses were COMPLETELY shut down. Luckily, we had made two trips right before things closed and were able to evaluate UIUC and UMich in-person. Looking back, I think it was good for us to get the feel of a larger state school in-person since we didn't have much context (DH and I both went to a smaller, private university). However, we had a HUGE list and DS ended up picking completely sight unseen.

While, of course, this is not what you want to do, my son absolutely loves where he is and it all worked out great in the end. I truly believe that there were many schools on our list where he would have found a place to be happy. I tend not to go for the whole "one dream school" idea, and you can always transfer if things end up not being a good fit! So try really hard not to stress if you can't quite squeeze in all of the visits that you would like! It really can work out okay without 🙂 

Thanks! Ugh--that was such a cruddy year to be senior! Glad it worked out so well 🙂

I know that he's really in a decent position in that he's had online lessons with all of his potential professors, so in that way he's a lot more familiar with his schools than his brother was when he applied for non-music schools. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

First world problems... graduation invitations. All the templates at Walgreens assume it's just a party. Shutterfly and Mpix have their LOGO ON THE invitation. Are you kidding me? Pear Tree has a design we like but they have terrible reviews and then crashed after I spent 20 minutes fiddling with a design and tried to save it.

DH wants an invite with a photo. Dd doesn't care as long as it's black. I'd be fine with a traditional one. We're jamming a lot of info on it because we have a separate ceremony and open house. Sigh.

ETA- has anyone used Vistaprint?

Edited by MamaSprout

5 hours ago, MamaSprout said:

First world problems... graduation invitations. All the templates at Walgreens assume it's just a party. Shutterfly and Mpix have their LOGO ON THE invitation. Are you kidding me? Pear Tree has a design we like but they have terrible reviews and then crashed after I spent 20 minutes fiddling with a design and tried to save it.

DH wants an invite with a photo. Dd doesn't care as long as it's black. I'd be fine with a traditional one. We're jamming a lot of info on it because we have a separate ceremony and open house. Sigh.

ETA- has anyone used Vistaprint?

I don't know if this will help or not, but I've used Pear Tree repeatedly over the years and have yet to be anything other than 100% thrilled with my order. I've looked elsewhere (just for variety) but Pear Tree always has the designs we like the best! Our orders have all been shipped within the window they specified and the quality has been excellent!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, easypeasy said:

I don't know if this will help or not, but I've used Pear Tree repeatedly over the years and have yet to be anything other than 100% thrilled with my order. I've looked elsewhere (just for variety) but Pear Tree always has the designs we like the best! Our orders have all been shipped within the window they specified and the quality has been excellent!

I think we're going to try Vista Print. Turns out I have an account there from having checks printed (you know those paper things we used to pay bills with, lol). I like that the templates aren't really templates because it's easy to add/remove images and text.  I ending up creating something small with the graduation on the front and the open house on the back.

I'll print them early and if they are not good, I'll try Pear Tree!

Edited by MamaSprout
  • Like 1

@MamaSprout I hadn’t even thought of grad announcements— I need to get started on them!

We are planning to visit DD’s top 4 admitted schools during her spring break in late-March to generate some excitement while she awaits decisions from her ‘highly rejective’ schools and a couple of competitive scholarships. If admitted to any more schools on April 1st, we’ll schedule visits to them during April. I can’t believe how this will all come ‘down to the wire’! I’m such a planner so it grates against my nature to wait until nearly May to determine where she will go next year!

I’ve just ordered her diploma and cap & gown. And we’ve made travel plans and dinner reservations for older DD’s college commencement— we’ll honor both graduates that same weekend as two sets of grandparents will fly in to join us. In June, my family will gather for our annual family beach trip where we’ll celebrate both our grads with that side of the family. 

Edited by fourisenough
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, fourisenough said:

@MamaSprout I hadn’t even thought of grad announcements— I need to get started on them!

We are planning to visit DD’s top 4 admitted schools during her spring break in late-March to generate some excitement while she awaits decisions from her ‘highly rejective’ schools and a couple of competitive scholarships. If admitted to any more schools on April 1st, we’ll schedule visits to them during April. I can’t believe how this will all come ‘down to the wire’! I’m such a planner so it grates against my nature to wait until nearly May to determine where she will go next year!

I’ve just ordered her diploma and cap & gown. And we’ve made travel plans and dinner reservations for older DD’s college commencement— we’ll honor both graduates that same weekend as two sets of grandparents will fly in to join us. In June, my family will gather for our annual family beach trip where we’ll celebrate both our grads with that side of the family. 

We need to visit one school before we decide. It's a campus she's been on before, but she was admitted to their honors community, which is housed separately. 

We wanted to get things pinned down for dates because in May we're working around one sibling being far away at a training and a new grandbaby. We thought we better get it on some calendars.

None of us would do well if we were still waiting for acceptances!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fourisenough said:

We are planning to visit DD’s top 4 admitted schools during her spring break in late-March to generate some excitement while she awaits decisions from her ‘highly rejective’ schools and a couple of competitive scholarships.

😅 I love that phrasing! "highly rejective" schools is such an accurate way of describing some of these!

We are still waiting on several rolling admissions decisions, which is frustrating, but BK applied for some very specific scholarships and programs and it looks like they're lumping all the decisions in together. So soon he will either have some VERY good days or some VERY bad ones with all the news coming at one time instead of trickling in.

The highly rejective schools at least we have a "date" to look toward. I'm trying to keep his schedule (and remind him to do the same) very empty in that March 31/April 1 window so he can process whatever news he gets. I imagine it will be a very bumpy day emotionally. lol

So much hurrying up and waiting.

And, April 1, I guess I go into hyper planning mode to squeeze in appropriate visits!! 🤪

Edited by easypeasy
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

His appeal was rejected and the reason given was that his transcript was not uploaded. He never got an email requesting for his transcript and the CSU app did not ask for a transcript to be uploaded. He just check his account’s to do list and it is empty. 

A bureaucratic nightmare! It’s unbelievable. I am mad for you and your DS.  I hope you keep pestering them. 

14 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Their email said no further appeals would be entertained as they only allow one appeal per academic term. They didn’t even bother replying to his appeal until he sent a chaser email asking. So I guess it is their roundabout way of rejecting and making it appear that it is the applicant’s fault. 

Is there any way to contact their Dean of Admissions? This totally sucks. Why should the student suffer if their app did not allow for a transcript to be uploaded? There should be a review of your son’s application to see what the glitch is.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

We only applied because this CSU is nearby and would be the cheapest option of all the state universities. You know which CSU and it has a high acceptance rate. 

which is why I was hoping that this would work out for your DS ... This sounds like a mess-up in their Admissions department where their processes seem to have many holes with no follow-ups allowed. Would emailing their Dean of Admissions help at all? 

Edited by mathnerd
  • Like 2