Menu

tell me I'm not the only one . . .

gardenmom5

Costco is discontinuing carrying the brand of cat food I have been buying.  I knew that when something has $_.59, it means it's on clearance, not to be stocked.  there were less than 18, so, I bought three cases (of 24 cans, and there have been days he's eaten three cans!).   Then I suggested dh go pick up a few more.  He was telling me his favorite costco had an entire pallet when he was there the day before.  he'd picked up a few and they rang up at $9.97 - at which point I told him to go buy more. (costco's normal price was around $22, which is still considerably less than pet stores.)  - at his age he still gets free access to kibble. and he'll eat it too, but prefers wet.  I prefer to feed him wet.

He cleared them out.  He bought 37 CASES of cat food (I had already bought three) . . . . OK . . . that should last at least 18 months . . . . 

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

I would check the expiration dates, and if I knew I would use the stuff up within that amount of time, I would definitely buy as much as I could. It wouldn’t be as much about saving money — it would be about making sure my cat had the food he liked best, but the lower price would be a very nice bonus!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Carrie12345 said:

I would absolutely do that.

And then my pet would decide they hated it, lol.

Yep. Every time we’ve bought extra of the kitties' favorite foods, they decide to not like them any longer. Every.single.time. We don’t try to stock up any more. 😬

At least the shelter is always appreciative and willing to take our extras! 

• Like 3

A local/regional bakery which sold products in retail grocery and convenience stores, and had been in business for 80 years, closed abruptly at the beginning of this week.  Apparently they were in financial distress, and were bought for dismemberment by venture capitalists.  They made the best donuts.  So we've been on a quest for donuts all week.  I think we bought a dozen boxes of donuts yesterday which we plan to put in the freezer to thaw one at a time.

A few years ago my favorite tea was discontinued.  I scoured the internet and bought up every last case I could find.  I am now down to the last case, and only allow myself one teabag on special occasions. 

So, nope; you're not alone!

1 hour ago, MEmama said:

Yep. Every time we’ve bought extra of the kitties' favorite foods, they decide to not like them any longer. Every.single.time. We don’t try to stock up any more. 😬

At least the shelter is always appreciative and willing to take our extras! 

In addition to shelters some food pantries also distribute pet food!

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Amy in NH said:

A local/regional bakery which sold products in retail grocery and convenience stores, and had been in business for 80 years, closed abruptly at the beginning of this week.  Apparently they were in financial distress, and were bought for dismemberment by venture capitalists.  They made the best donuts.  So we've been on a quest for donuts all week.  I think we bought a dozen boxes of donuts yesterday which we plan to put in the freezer to thaw one at a time.

A few years ago my favorite tea was discontinued.  I scoured the internet and bought up every last case I could find.  I am now down to the last case, and only allow myself one teabag on special occasions. 

So, nope; you're not alone!

other stores carry it - so the brand/flavors aren't going anywhere anytime soon.  (pet stores regular price is about 2x what costco's regular price was)

9 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

I have KIDS that do this. EVERY TIME. 

so do I.  you'd think dh would have learned by now.  He's complained about it often enough . . . .

• Like 1