Menu

It's been 5 days...

medawyn

9 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

Lucky!! I can't wait to get there. But my youngest is only 1 so I have 2 more years.

My oldest turned 8 yesterday, and there have been times in the last 8 years when I've had 3 in diapers at once.  I never really thought about life without diapers 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, medawyn said:

My oldest turned 8 yesterday, and there have been times in the last 8 years when I've had 3 in diapers at once.  I never really thought about life without diapers 🤪

Haha, my oldest is 12. So, 12 years of diapers and many times with two in them. Never 3 except for a third in nighttime diaper still.  Now my 6th is 1 and should be the last.. I will not miss diapers.

I'm also very excited to be done breastfeeding soon.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

Haha, my oldest is 12. So, 12 years of diapers and many times with two in them. Never 3 except for a third in nighttime diaper still.  Now my 6th is 1 and should be the last.. I will not miss diapers.

My youngest is 6 and I still miss breastfeeding 😔. It was my very favorite part of mothering.  Reading aloud comes a close second and luckily I can still do that for a very long time 😉

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, busymama7 said:

My youngest is 6 and I still miss breastfeeding 😔. It was my very favorite part of mothering.  Reading aloud comes a close second and luckily I can still do that for a very long time 😉

It is my very least favorite thing about mothering. I've done it because I know it is the best for the baby,  it is free, and is easier to shove a boob in their face at night than get up and prepare a bottle.

I will be so happy when I'm done, which will be soon since I start weaning kids at a year old. 

52 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

Potty training is one of the reasons I stopped at 4.  Also sleeping through the night.  And mostly because DH was DONE.  But yeah, I don't miss waking up to feed someone at 2:00 am

He did point out last night that if we'd stuck to our usual pattern, I would be about a month away from having number 6 right now.  I poured myself a very rare second glass of wine and enjoyed every sip.

I didn't mind breastfeeding and love babies, but I'm thrilled to be almost done with 18 mo-3 yos.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, busymama7 said:

I don't miss breastfeeding at all, but reading aloud was probably my favorite thing to do with my kids and I do miss that.  

1 hour ago, hjffkj said:

It is my very least favorite thing about mothering. I've done it because I know it is the best for the baby,  it is free, and is easier to shove a boob in their face at night than get up and prepare a bottle.

I really enjoyed it with my first three (ds2 and ds3 are twins), but not so much with my youngest.  I nursed the last three for a long time due to allergies/doctor recommendation and was so happy when I was finally done.  

1 hour ago, Kassia said:

I don't miss breastfeeding at all, but reading aloud was probably my favorite thing to do with my kids and I do miss that.  

I really enjoyed it with my first three (ds2 and ds3 are twins), but not so much with my youngest.  I nursed the last three for a long time due to allergies/doctor recommendation and was so happy when I was finally done.  

I got thrush with my first and it was so incredibly painful and took so long to clear up that I just associate breastfeeding with pain.  I even still get phantom pains from the thrush randomly and it has been 12 years.  Plus I get over stimulated to touch easily so breastfeeding would have likely been fine if I didn't have so many young kids constantly cuddling and touching me at the same time.  It was tough.

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, busymama7 said:

My youngest is almost 16, and I still miss it, too.