Menu

Those mystery seed packs from China?

Ausmumof3

5 minutes ago, dmmetler said:

I admit, there is some part of me that wants to get one and plant just one or two in a pot just to see what they are....

I have a friend who planted some before she knew about the warning. She actually had ordered some seeds from overseas (not China) and thought the supplier had just drop shipped it from China.  I was slightly disappointed when she said she trashed it after she found out, before anything sprouted. 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, kirstenhill said:

I have a friend who planted some before she knew about the warning. She actually had ordered some seeds from overseas (not China) and thought the supplier had just drop shipped it from China.  I was slightly disappointed when she said she trashed it after she found out, before anything sprouted. 😂😂😂

And so...  out of the garbage dump (sanitation center?  Land fill?) out comes the Walking Dead zombie apocalypse plants. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, dmmetler said:

I admit, there is some part of me that wants to get one and plant just one or two in a pot just to see what they are....

That was my thought exactly! I could plant them in a pot and then burn it right? 

Honestly, I'm a very amateur gardener but we love throwing stuff in the ground and seeing what happens. If I had gotten those I probably would have figured I ordered them off Amazon and forgot about it and thrown them in the ground. I now realize how dumb that is but I could see myself doing it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was sent this explanation from someone that teaches ESL remotely (her company gave her this information): 

I got an unsolicited greeting card in the mail from China a couple of years ago via Amazon, so I found this explanation helpful. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elizabeth86 said:

It's like 2020 gets weirder and weirder as we go.  

And we hardly bat an eye. We all just think, "Well it's 2020 so this new thing is happening now. Okay."

I wish I could live for 50 more years just to see what the history books say about this year.

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

I got mine yesterday.  They're tiny black seeds. I sent in my email but haven't gotten a response back yet for who will come get them and the mailing info.

Here's what you do in my state if you get them and info about various unsolicited items coming from China: https://abc11.com/science/got-seeds-in-the-mail-dont-plant-them-dept-of-agriculture-says/6337144/?fbclid=IwAR020gbBEIpTb5Uw6MvYro4I_IA9Z0KF_0lfUfve0616E8E_uWT2iJNz6U4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There is probably some sweet old Chinese person, who decided to spend their wealth bringing joy to others by sending happy little flower seeds to people in the USA.  

Now, they are probably afraid to confess😔 to this kindness, because people will think they were planning to take over the USA with invasive plants that harbor horrible antibiotic resistant bacteria, and reduce the amount of oxygen in the world so humans s can no longer live without tanks strapped to our backs. 

Poor, sweet ole'Chinese person. 🤣

• Haha 4

I have seen different kinds of seeds in different people who have gotten them. Those I have seen look like: citrus, cucumber and poppy. I really don’t understand what the purpose is. 

We received packages that look exactly like those in the articles but we actually ordered seeds and these came as part of our order.    So, I guess not part of whatever project this was.   Ours are tomato and pepper seeds, just like we ordered.    Many of them didn't sprout when we planted them, complete duds.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quill said:

I have seen different kinds of seeds in different people who have gotten them. Those I have seen look like: citrus, cucumber and poppy. I really don’t understand what the purpose is. 

I think the sending of fake articles so you can write yourself fake reviews seems to make the most sense.  Especially if they’re the same people that have actually been sending dud seeds!

• Like 1