Menu

Is there like an instacart for Lowe’s or Home Depot?

Terabith

My local home depot offers free delivery for online orders over $45. But, they do not deliver bulky items like potting soil bags etc. I have not used home depot delivery, I just know about this from a neighbor. Best option in my area are the private nurseries: they offer both curbside pickup and local delivery for free. We are not allowed inside because of infection concerns, but, they take orders on the phone and you pay by credit card on the phone and they will put the stuff into the trunk of the car or drive their truck to your home and unload it all on the driveway. So, I suggest that you call your local nursery or check their website/facebook page for such information.

Edited by mathnerd

HD and Lowe's both have "buy online, pick up in store".  (so they'll gather everything for you, you just pick it up.)  you can bypass the lines to get into the store that way too.  however, not everything is available to purchase online.

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 1

You might also check your local grocery stores for pots, soil, and seeds. Kroger has that stuff this time of year, and then you wouldn't be taking an "extra" trip if you're grocery shopping. If you're not grocery shopping, obviously, that's not as helpful.

We also have local garden centers that are taking orders and doing curbside loading, including ones that have never done that kind of thing before.

Local nurseries are doing call ahead/online shopping then they bring it to your car.  You can also get pots and soil on Amazon. You can even make pots by recycling stuff around the house or in your recycling bin. 

Edited by KungFuPanda

I just did a pick up at HD yesterday.    I really wish they had car pick up like the grocery stores do.   I had to stand in line to get into the store (6 feet apart) and then stand in line to pick up my order (very cramped in that part).  Then I had to walk through the store to the exit since there was only one exit.    I don't know how well that would work for picking out plants though.  

Some of my local nurseries are doing car pick up.  You order and they load it in your car for you.   Of course, they are a much smaller operation than HD or Lowes. 

• 2 weeks later...