Menu

Kitten pictures, just because...

stephanier.1765

I can't tell you how grateful I am that a stray cat decided to have kittens at our house. It's been incredibly stressful (so stressful!) but it's also been incredibly wonderful. Watching them grow and change over the last 3 weeks has been a wonderful distraction to the coronavirus. Now that they are getting bigger, they are also adding a lot of laughter to our lives. Bear is the one with a nub of a tail and Otter is the one being shy.

Added a video a few posts down.

IMG_1736.jpg

IMG_1716.jpg

Edited by stephanier.1765
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

So cute.  Pets are such a wonderful gift right now. 

They really are. I saw a plea from one of the local shelters for people to please not dump their pets. The shelters are already hurting with fewer adoptions and fewer donations so adding more animals to the mix is devastating to them.

ETA: the reason people are dumping their pets is because they are worried they will get coronavirus from them 😞

Edited by stephanier.1765
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, stephanier.1765 said:

They really are. I saw a plea from one of the local shelters for people to please not dump their pets. The shelters are already hurting with fewer adoptions and fewer donations so adding more animals to the mix is devastating to them.

I would love to adopt some more right now.  Not sure how our dog would respond to that.  I get why they don't want people to dump their pets, but I also get why people would be in that spot. 

• Like 1

It is kitten season here, so there will be a LOT of ferals giving birth. Unfortunately with Covid19, that means a lot of TNR groups & shelters are on limited operations. Foster if you can!

Attached a pic of one of the kittens my DD fostered as part of her TNR work.  

20191203_163957.jpg

• Like 9

1 minute ago, RootAnn said:

It is kitten season here, so there will be a LOT of ferals giving birth. Unfortunately with Covid19, that means a lot of TNR groups & shelters are on limited operations. Foster if you can!

Attached a pic of one of the kittens my DD fostered as part of her TNR work.  

She's a beauty! I admire those folks who work in TNR. Even though this mama cat isn't ours (I guess she is now), we are getting her fixed. I'm going to ask them to clip her ear just in case she wonders off. She's still more feral than tame.

• Like 2

Oh my goodness the babies are so precious! I showed DH and he asked if we can adopt one! Lol

Last week our kitties clearly wondered why we are around so much, but this week they’ve settled in. I think we wear them out by giving them so much love and attention all day. 🙂. Kitty has adopted DS’s bed as her getaway spot, even when he’s in it. I’m pretty certain she can feel how anxious he is and knows she helps calm him down.  😻

F4E2FBC9-1D28-477F-9B46-2C8E309BF3DA.jpeg

EB2B37A3-4DDA-4202-9C2F-2FC18D7E9216.jpeg

DA29FE08-F651-48CE-A029-0D90011AEB89.jpeg

79B07570-C8BF-4074-8E29-5F8F4050BBA8.jpeg

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, MEmama said:

Oh my goodness the babies are so precious! I showed DH and he asked if we can adopt one! Lol

Last week our kitties clearly wondered why we are around so much, but this week they’ve settled in. I think we wear them out by giving them so much love and attention all day. 🙂. Kitty has adopted DS’s bed as her getaway spot, even when he’s in it. I’m pretty certain she can feel how anxious he is and knows she helps calm him down.  😻

Pets are amazing. They give back just as much as they get, maybe more. I'm glad one of your cat babies is helping to care for your human baby. They are all just beautiful!

My DH is determined to keep Bear. I'm not quite on board with that yet. I think he's turned into the crazy cat lady. We already have 3 indoor cats plus this stray who splits her time between indoor and outdoor. Having 5 cats in the house at one time is insanity talk.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WendyAndMilo said:

5 out of my 6 rescues.  Getting them all in one photo is pretty darn impossible.

Oh my gosh, you have the cutest clowder! I love long hairs. We only have one but it's such a pleasure to stroke that beautiful mane of his. Your picture makes me feel a little better about the size of our own clowder.  We are bursting at the seams with cats. Our house is starting to feel like a clown car. 😆

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MEmama said:

F4E2FBC9-1D28-477F-9B46-2C8E309BF3DA.jpeg

EB2B37A3-4DDA-4202-9C2F-2FC18D7E9216.jpeg

DA29FE08-F651-48CE-A029-0D90011AEB89.jpeg

79B07570-C8BF-4074-8E29-5F8F4050BBA8.jpeg

Oh my gosh, they are GORGEOUS!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stephanier.1765 said:

I cannot believe that is the view from your house! Amazing! And baby ones to boot. You win picture of the day for sure!!!💗💗💗

😄 thanks! I love it here.

They come through every morning. I like the baby ones, they're cute! The big ones are a pain, wreck my trees 😑 roos push saplings over to protect their grasslands...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Oh my word this cat is gorgeous.  

Aww, thanks. She was a scruffy thing when we adopted her. Her previous owner abandoned her outside. She is declawed and couldn't defend herself and was beaten up pretty badly. She has permanent bald patches from old injuries and also walks with a limp - our vet thinks she was hit by a car and the leg never healed properly. For the first two months we had her, she was terrified and hid from us 24/7. Then she finally decided we were okay, and now she is an absolute love.❤️

• Like 4