Menu

How About Sharing Something Amusing.

gstharr

I'll start. This morning I went to my local big chain grocers. Things are still crazy. The entire bread, beverage, dairy, and paper aisles are completely . I mean no napkins, TP, paper plates, wraps--just empty  Most of the things that they do have are limited to two items per customer.  Then went  to the dollar store just  three blocks away,.and the store looked fully stocked. Even the paper aisle. No TP, but the store had all the other paper items.  The refrigerated section was even stocked-- milk, cheese, yogurt, deli meats.  But get this, not only was there no line, nothing was limited.

• Like 1

My DD is watching people move out from her college dorm. She swears she's never seen some of these kids all year. Then, in a testament to how much time she has spent with friends on another floor this semester (especially studying in their lounge), the RA of that other floor saw her & asked, "Don't you live in [room # on his floor] because I thought everyone was moved out of that area?"

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Dotwithaperiod said:

I read one on Twitter asking people to pick their name based on what they’re emotion is right now, plus the last food they ate from their cabinet. So you can call me Aggravated Walnut.

And you may now call me Mopey Cookie

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Dotwithaperiod said:

I read one on Twitter asking people to pick their name based on what they’re emotion is right now, plus the last food they ate from their cabinet. So you can call me Aggravated Walnut.

One of my nieces posted this on facebook.  I am Scattered and Stupid Cheeto.

• Haha 4

My dh's frantic text from Aldi (a place I thought was at least vaguely familiar to him), where he got 3 or 4 items: Where are the bags? What do you put your stuff in? !?!?!

(A few minutes later, after a flutter of texts back and forth): A lady took pity on me and helped me bag. 

I agree, it can be nervewracking. The Aldi line moves super fast. Try it sometime with kids and a heaping cart. 🙄😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

With all the kids (temporarily) out of the house, I'd been cooking potatoes more often, maybe once a week, for dh and I. Then, for whatever reason, I started obsessing about needing potatoes. Didn't worry about other kinds of veggies, no worries about getting eggs or milk, no concern about sanitizing cleaners. I NEEDED POTATOES! Well, this morning at the grocery store, I found bags of potatoes. Since I now have 10 lbs of potatoes, everything is right in the world again. 🤣🤣 🤣 (And of course, the rational side of me knows not all is right in the world or that I didn't really need POTATOES. I didn't think I was feeling stressed about the situation. Maybe I transferred my stress to POTATOES.)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

Speaking of, where are the Schwann people when you need them. We need a good old Schwann's Truck to come though. He'd make a fortune. Also Girl Scouts. Y'all were a couple of weeks too early with the cookies. 

Schwans is having a deal atm--50% off. We'd never used them before, but are taking advantage of the discount. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MysteryJen said:

So ds3 came out of his room and said he finished watching all the Marvel movies and he didn't know what to watch next. Dh said he should watch some classic movies 

ds3: like Empire Strikes Back?

Dh is appalled.

We just finished all the Marvel movies with our kids. Next up: the Mandalorian or Doctor Who (haven't decided). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

Bemused Espresso.

(Does Espresso count if it's made from instant espresso powder out of the pantry?) 

6 hours ago, Dotwithaperiod said:

Yes, because I remember which brand you’re talking about, and it’s excellent. I was really happy to find it at a Walmart an hour from here a couple years ago.

You can't post things like this and not name the brand!

2 hours ago, mellifera33 said:

Schwans is having a deal atm--50% off. We'd never used them before, but are taking advantage of the discount. 

That's good to know, thanks! My mom used them occasionally years ago, I haven't thought of them in a while but saw a truck last week and meant to check online.