Menu

Group Games for Christmas

sangtarah

I've been charged with coming up with games for the evenings while our extended family is gathered (at mom's house). There will be 15 of us, from age 2-96, for about a week and a half. The eldest and youngest may or may not play. 

So far I've gathered: Clue, To Bethlehem, Taco Goat Cheese Pizza, Bananagrams, Cup Stacking, Disney Apples to Apples, Clue, and Charades

I'm planning on making the Saran Wrap Game, a Pictionary type list with a Christmas theme, Would You Rather questions with a Christmas theme, Blindfold Christmas object drawing, a Spoon Race with unbreakable ornaments. On the maybe list: Bible skits/scenes to act out, Jingle Bell Toss (may be too involved to make), and 2 Truths and a Lie with a Christmas theme (I've never played, so really don't know how it goes). 

Any other not to be missed suggestions??   Or, if you have tried one of these and it was a total failure, please let me know!

16 hours ago, sangtarah said:

I've been charged with coming up with games for the evenings while our extended family is gathered (at mom's house). There will be 15 of us, from age 2-96, for about a week and a half. The eldest and youngest may or may not play. 

Any other not to be missed suggestions??   Or, if you have tried one of these and it was a total failure, please let me know!

I like Saboteur in a group!

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 5:02 PM, Kassia said:

How about Scattergories?  You could do a Christmas theme for that.  Would you mind posting your Would You Rather questions with the Christmas theme?  

Yes, Scattergories is one of the games my parents have owned/played/loved for a long time. Any suggestions for adding Christmas themes to it? 

As far as Would You Rather questions, I borrowed from this website: https://www.backyard.games/holiday-games/would-you-rather-christmas-kids/ 

• Thanks 1

Left Right Center with 3 one dollar bills per person. (Quarters or candies or poker chips or whatever you want could be substituted.) It's a dice game you can buy at Walmart.

It's a family favorite.  We typically have 20+ people ages 5 to mid 70s and we play with dollar bills.  You have to have a family culture of allowing people to lose at games, because it's winner take all. Younger kids can have the adults near them help them when it's their turn. No one is really out of the game until the very last dice throw, which makes it fun because we've had people out of dollars for quite a while who actually won all the money in the end.

Here's a 4 min. demo.  You need at least 3 people and you can scale it up to as many as you need.

2 hours ago, sangtarah said:

Yes, Scattergories is one of the games my parents have owned/played/loved for a long time. Any suggestions for adding Christmas themes to it? 

As far as Would You Rather questions, I borrowed from this website: https://www.backyard.games/holiday-games/would-you-rather-christmas-kids/ 

Thank you!

I just did a search for Scattergories with Christmas themes.  Here are some:

http://www.mypartygames.com/free-printable-scattergories-inspired-christmas-game/

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/449023025331976073/

Edited by Kassia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/7/2019 at 9:39 AM, school17777 said:

Code Names has turned into our group game.  There’s no limit on how many can play, at least the way we play, and everyone is engaged at the same time since it’s two teams 

yes!  I was going to suggest this one too. Super fun and good for a large crowd with a wide age range. 

• Like 1