Menu

Why can't we get a break between disasters!?

Tanaqui

When it's not one thing, it's another. First we have my mother in the hospital (looking to be released today, but still!) and then a pipe bursts in the basement. Where is the fairness and justice in this world!?

Darn it all, I'm ordering pizza for dinner. I'm not sure I can afford it with the plumber bill, but who knows what'll ensue if I try to cook today. I might slice off an arm or set the entire neighborhood on fire with my luck.

• Sad 11

4 hours ago, Tanaqui said:

When it's not one thing, it's another. First we have my mother in the hospital (looking to be released today, but still!) and then a pipe bursts in the basement. Where is the fairness and justice in this world!?

Darn it all, I'm ordering pizza for dinner. I'm not sure I can afford it with the plumber bill, but who knows what'll ensue if I try to cook today. I might slice off an arm or set the entire neighborhood on fire with my luck.

Glad you got the pizza. I actually got the kids pizza for lunch(!!) today due to stress and needing an easy answer to *something*. I hope it relieved some of the worry for at least a little bit. {hug}

On a lighter note, I remember my dad one time had a plumbing issue in an upstairs bathroom. The plumbers, 3 guys, came to check it out. As they walked up the stairs to do the work (after the discovery/quote process) he turned to me and said, "This is probably the only time we'll have 3 millionaires in our house." Hope your millionaires weren't too pricey! 🙂

Edited by Moonhawk
  • Haha 5

She is not released today, because insurance doesn't want to cover her new medicine and we're trying to find something that won't cost hundreds of dollars a month 😞

The plumber was spendy, but not insane, so that's all right. At least we got them to come out before tomorrow!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Crimson Wife said:

When it rains, it pours. Sorry that you are having to go through this.

Pours is the word! I woke up, headed towards the back stairs, heard "psssssssssss" and went "Oh, shoot" and started running down there in my socks. Hah, turns out my kid heard it too, but since she was also up all night she went "Weird, somebody is running their hose in this weather?" and went back to sleep. Annoying child!

I wish we had a pizza delivery place! I went with leftovers for dh tonight--the fire was the last straw. Sending hugs. 

A fire! Oh no! You send me hugs, and I'm sending new ones back to you. It's the circle of hugs!

Well look at this way...  If all the bad things are happening now, maybe the rest of the year will be smooth sailing!

Things will get better, we hope, once E starts high school and I am gainfully employed. We'll finally be able to make progress instead of treading water, waiting for the various shoes to drop.

• Like 2

Oh, goodness, I hear ya!
We found a pipe with a hole in it yesterday morning.  Small enough to be a disaster without being huge (and thankfully in the unfinished part of the basement, where everything is in rubbermaid and up on pallets).  And we couldn't just shut off the water because that's how the house is heated, too.
3 plumbers!  That's how many we called before any called us back.  After leaving several messages for the one, and a few for another, dh finally called a plumber in the next town who came right over.  At least his rate was reasonable - and he was quick about it all.  And he left the corroded pipe for ds and I to play with. 😄 I mean, school with.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tanaqui said:

Oh, contractors refusing to call you back, tell me about it. We had to actually chase people around to get our furnace replaced and finding a roofer is even worse. Why don't they want us to give them our money!?

It took over a year before my father could get roofers to fix his roof after the last hurricane. It was crazy.