Menu

I LOVE Christmas! ๐ŸŽ

Ann.without.an.e

I am the opposite of Scrooge. ย I know that not everyone celebrates and I respect that. ย But I.love.Christmas. ย I love the family time, I love giving gifts (I think giving gifts is my love language and I have an excuse to give, give, give), I love baking, decorating, planning, cooking, etc, etc. ย I just love it. ย DH has had to put up with it and get used to. He would rather not even have a Christmas tree but he knows that it is a must with me. ย After 21 years of marriage, he just goes with itย ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

Either way, I just wanted to say that I LOVE CHRISTMAS. ย 

ย 

Edited by Attolia
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 2

I love it too! I love the decorating and baking and preparing. I don't find it stressful because I make sure it's not. We don't spend more than we can/should, which is often the cause of stress. I don't mind crowds if I have to go to any stores because I know before I leave that it will be crowded.

I thought we'd be going to dss and ddil's as we had for the past 5-ish years, so I thought I'd just be bringing a side dish or two. I was asked late Thursday night if our offer to host was still open and could we also invite ddil's mother, stepfather and sister. Even with the last minute shopping/cleaning/cooking that became necessary I still love it. (I'm secretly thrilled because I'm Italian and feeding people is my superpower).ย 

Today I have a few more batches of cookies to make this morning then I'll begin making meatballs and sauce for tomorrow's ravioli dinner.ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Fifiruth said:

Merry Christmas!

I grew up with only brothers, and now I have a husband and only sons. Up until this year, I have been a bit silently resentful that the decorating, shopping, baking, and cooking has always fallen on my shoulders. Everyone will help if I ask them to, but no oneย getsย after any of it without me asking.ย 

This year, I embraced the fact that I have the chance to create wonderful, happy memories. So I pushed myself a bit (itโ€™s really not hard) and now the house is festive and cozy, the presents were bought early and are all wrapped and under the tree, the menus are planned and the cookies are baked. I even went to parties and performances that I didnโ€™t feel like going to, and ended up enjoying all of them.ย 

ย 

Until this year I had two sons and two grandson, though it will still be a long time before our 4 month old granddaughter can join in the festivities.ย Fortunately dsย  21 has always loved decorating and helping. He took over doing the outside lights from dh several years ago. I'm still the one who does the tree though. I've tried to get them to make it a family affair but they just want to look at the pretty tree after I do all the work lol.ย 

It's nice that you decided to embrace the inevitable and I hope you enjoy it all.ย 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2018 at 11:39 AM, Attolia said:

I am the opposite of Scrooge. ย I know that not everyone celebrates and I respect that. ย But I.love.Christmas. ย I love the family time, I love giving gifts (I think giving gifts is my love language and I have an excuse to give, give, give), I love baking, decorating, planning, cooking, etc, etc. ย I just love it. ย DH has had to put up with it and get used to. He would rather not even have a Christmas tree but he knows that it is a must with me. ย After 21 years of marriage, he just goes with itย ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

Either way, I just wanted to say that I LOVE CHRISTMAS. ย 

ย 

Merry Christmas๐ŸŽ€๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ„!

• Like 1

I do too......including GIFTS! ย (See my other thread! HAHAHA!......I am trying not to right now!)

Our very sorry tree is up, and has lights......we can't find one of our Christmas boxes, so our stockings aren 't on the mantle this year......

I will be making the egg casserole dish (found out too late that DH bought tater tots instead of hashbrowns, so we will see how it turns out!) and cinnamon rolls in a tube (again, don't judge!).......and I am excited for teens to WAKE UP!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! ย 

• Like 1

I had a dream last nightย that the kids were coming down the stairs and I was still in bed and hadย forgotten to put stuffย in the stockings. I had to call out toย them to wait on the steps while I leaped up and filled the stockings. ย 

I woke up and realizedย Iโ€™d forgotten to fill the stockings. (!)ย I burst out of bed and grabbed the groceryย bag Iโ€™d stashedย stocking stuff in and flewย to the stockings. ย It was about 2 minutes before I knew the boys would wake. All five cats raced behind me because they were curious and the bag sounded a lot like a treat bag. ย 

About 30 seconds after I filled the the stockings, the kids came down the stairs. ย ๐Ÿ™‚.ย 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

This year was so special with the kiddos at home.ย  My little 4 year old goes...I just can't handle this...it is just too much happiness for me as he opened his presents.ย  Then before he went to bed he said mommy...this has been the best day of my life๐Ÿ˜ and my 7 year old agreed๐Ÿ™‚.ย  It was my best Christmas ever...enjoying these babies and their joy.

Brenda

• Like 2