Menu

A phone call at 3 am

LinRTX

to ask if a hotel reservation is still needed???!!!! So we are all asleep and the phone wakes me up. They do not leave a message so I call back. It is the hotel where my husband is staying wanting to know if he still wants the reservation. It is 3 AM folks. He is there, called me from there when he arrived since it is a long drive.

Now I am wide awake and shaking. And the worse part is I am already on edge because he is climbing my son's favorite mountain to spread his ashes. It is already a hard weekend.

• Sad 9

Oh my gosh! I would be looking for someone to slap! Nobody needs those midnight calls and it is already an emotional time for you! I’m sorry someone is an idiot and you bore the brunt of it. 

• Like 2

I have definitely lodged a complaint, but did not tell them why my husband was there. I called the 800 number since it is a chain and explained before calling a number you need to certain of the time zone you are calling. But this hotel is in the same time zone. I still cannot believe someone would do this. I think the night staff was just bored.

5 hours ago, Quill said:

Oh my gosh! I would be looking for someone to slap! Nobody needs those midnight calls and it is already an emotional time for you! I’m sorry someone is an idiot and you bore the brunt of it. 

This. So sorry, Linda! If you have it in you, perhaps call the manager and let him/her know that staff needs more training...and I am so sorry about your son.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bluegoat said:

It sounds like somehow it got missed that he was checked in, and they called to see if he was coming that night.  They may even have assumed it would go to his cell wherever he was.

I suppose this could be the case. However, if they thought the room was not occupied at 3 am, could they not wait until at least 6 or 7 am before calling? I know this is the age of everything being 24/7 but some of us still associate middle-of-the-night phone calls with dire emergencies.

15 minutes ago, Liz CA said:

I suppose this could be the case. However, if they thought the room was not occupied at 3 am, could they not wait until at least 6 or 7 am before calling? I know this is the age of everything being 24/7 but some of us still associate middle-of-the-night phone calls with dire emergencies.

Yes, I would think that too if a phone woke me at that hour.  It may be that they were going to give the room to someone else, and that is why they wanted to know if he was planning to arrive - I suspect a lot of people would consider it a courtesy to be contacted rather than show up late and find the room gone.

The real error was in not marking him off as checked in.

• Like 1