Menu

I took a new job

MedicMom

Change is hard even when it is for the better!

Will the new schedule make things easier for your family?

Yes. My oldest no longer qualifies for a diagnosis of autism, but they’ve changed it to generalized anxiety disorder and mood dysregulation disorder. He needs Mom home every single night and not worrying about me and where I am and what I’m doing. My husband is taking a new job as well, but he will be doing flight EMS with a better schedule too.

DS gets his anxiety from me. Change is hard.

• Like 9

Change is hard - hopefully the fact that you are going back to what you have previously done can alleviate some of your anxiety.

Having a steady schedule can be pretty helpful - I've been back what is essentially my previous job after 4 1/2 years off for 5 months now and it has been good for us, and good for me - I've been able to get a lot of things back on track now that I have a steady work schedule.

Hoping for the best for you.

I'm guessing your schedule will be more regular? That's got to make things easier on your family.

Prayers for you, MedicMom, for the details tonall fall into place, that compassion and victory will outweigh the challenges of this job, that you will have a sense of satisfaction from your work and that the changes will quickly become the new normal.

• Like 2

It’s a hard transition even if it’s a good thing. Give yourself time and space to adapt and recognize that the benefits jay this brings to your family are worth it. (I’ve got a kiddo who has mild anxiety when I work 2 nights a week...so I can relate to the relief of not dealing with that anymore when my job is more 9-5).

That said, as I understand social work is both tough and rewarding. You will be drained and energized...prayers for strength and wisdom for you as you adjust to this new, equally significant role.

Change IS hard. There’s no qualification needed.

Change is hard and starting a new job is scary. I used to be a corporate trainer and every single new employee in the company sat with me on their first day (or first few weeks in some cases). Every single new employee, from the teenager to the close to retirement-age person, was scared on their first day. They’d all sit there in the room wide-eyed and skittish. The unsettled feeling usually lasted for about a month, depending on what the person’s new job was. After that, they relaxed into the job and weren’t as skittish anymore.

It’s normal to feel anxiety about the new job and how it will affect the family. Very normal.

Edited by Garga
  • Like 1