Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

• Worked in the early hours before breakfast - finally got a big report out that had been waiting for client info since September.
  • Went to breakfast and let the kids swim.
  • Went back to close up the suitcases and check out of the room.  Was locked out of room.  Sheesh.  Got that worked out.
  • More lost key drama.  I swear we are a walking sitcom.
  • Drove to second hotel in Fiji.
  • Worked some more because a certain banker decided to invent an "emergency" because I'm on vacation.
  • Enjoyed a walk on the beach, took some photos, got the kids some dinner.
  • More room key drama.  Enough already.
  • Trying to get the kids to bed before midnight which would be one kids' birthday.

Night all - or is it morning over there ....

• Like 10

Good morning!

My BIL had some blood work that came back way off. He's anemic among other things, so there is more to be done before he can have the procedure. Thanks for praying!

Done:

breakfast and lunch for dh

fed cats

coffee

To Do:

meals

go to co-op

help dd packing up for going back to college

shopping will happen tomorrow

play some games                                Catan will happen after we pick up ds. He went home with a friend from co-op. 

tidy house

laundry                                                            

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 8

Good morning!

Tonight is supposed to be our last cold night (-14) and then it is going to gradually warm up to more normal winter temps in the single digits and teens over the weekend. I can't wait! No more having to dress for a polar expedition every time I do chores - and I can let my dogs out to play without freezing their paws off. :)

•school

•dust (which I've been putting off all week and really really needs doing)

•make menu plan based on what we have in our pantry and freezers

•make shopping list

•get bank deposits ready

•run the errands I didn't get to yesterday (UPS store & gas)

•bank

•get groceries (try not to catch any germs while I'm there - flu is running rampant here :ack2: )

•pick up takeout for dinner

•watch hockey tonight

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 7

Good morning!  So glad it is finally Friday!  Our heat was supposedly "fixed" yesterday (and cost about $300) and it stopped working again in the middle of the night.  Sigh.  These are systems that are less than one year old.  At least we live in FL so it isn't as bad as most of you are dealing with but half the house is 62 and the other half is 68.  

-coffee (had half a cup and now cannot find said cup)

-DS16 off to school (always a joy)

-parents and sister and her family stop by here for an hour on the way to the airport

-laundry  DONE:  3

-take Christmas tree decorations off and get tree to curb (I HATE this.  HATE HATE HATE)

-Whole30 batch cooking (breakfast sausage, potato salad, kalua pork)

-get kalua pork in crockpot

-work on 5000 piece puzzle (need to start working on new section because I'm at a standstill on the part I'm working on now)

-read

-dinner:  the sheet pan fajitas we didn't have last night

-guilty pleasure:  watch LivePD

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 7

Good morning!

School ✅

Laundry ✅

Dd to my mom's ✅

Help mom with her phone doneo

Get boxes from the attic and pack up Christmas decs

Make a call about insurance

dinner - baked chx, broc, potatoes or rice, warm cherry tomato salad.

Dh is working at home today and that always makes our days flow a bit less well. Not sure why.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 7

Morning, all!  Definitely coming down with something, sore throat, sniffles, cough.  Just in time to go back to work next week...

Done: breakfast, kitchen

To do:

car in for service

review auto bill pay info

vacuum downstairs, clean bathroom

master bedroom (vacuum, sheets, declutter)

pizza for dinner, salad for me

Have a great day!

• Like 7

Good morning! I picked up dd2 from practice with breakfast and lunch made. I have a few annoying things to do-most of which involve phone calls- which I hate. And it is cleaning day.

To do:

emails/phone calls/appointments

pay some bills

clean kitchen

work with boys

laundry

bathrooms

finish weekly chore list

figure out driving for practices

pick up dd2

Have a great day!

• Like 7

Late opening for school today, so we all slept in. :-)

Fresh batch of buttermilk pancakes for dd. I am trying to do extra nice things -- she shoveled the driveway four times yesterday. I also shoveled, but without dd, it would have been horrendous.

Make dessert for Epiphany dinner tonight. It's puff pastry (TJ) with an almond cream filling. I made puff pastry myself once, lots of work.

• Like 7

Picked up the week’s groceries and dropped off resumes at four area CPA firms. Ds has never(!?) seen me in make-up before and couldn’t believe how fancy and how much younger I looked. Um, thanks?

Dh is leaving for a job fair at a manufacturing site he’s been trying to make personal contact with.

âœ³ï¸ mop kitchen floor -actually do it this time!

âœ³ï¸ general clean up

âœ³ï¸ try to return ugly Christmas clothes from MIL.

âœ³ï¸ finish school with kids (dh got them started)

âœ³ï¸ properly store fresh chicken broth in freezer.

âœ³ï¸ dinner: white chicken chili, quesadillas, mangos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

I'm annoyed. Our security system is malfunctioning again, even though it was just serviced a couple weeks ago. Not only is the system not working, it's messing with our phone line. So instead of running errands and getting groceries as planned, I'm waiting at home for the repair people to show up.  :glare:

• Like 6

OK now dd has a low grade fever.

kitchen - dishwasher rebooted.

interrupted the round robin to feed the pigs with wings who were perched along the deck railing waiting for food to rain down on them or at least to magically appear in the feeder.  I guess they have me trained.

laundry - folded and put away two loads of laundry while I talked to my eldest sister. 

no paperwork yet this round but I'm hungry and am going to find lunch. 

• Like 7

Great plan, Jean!

Our internet went out this afternoon, so Dh lost half a day of work. AT&T guy coming tomorrow, early.

No Christmas packing got done today.

Insurance problem not resolved.

All done with dinner. Dh and ds are watching a movie. I am going to read and make tomorrow's list in my mind. Sbd enjoy the last night with our tree up. It is so pretty!

• Like 2