Menu

short haircut for me?

ktgrok

It looks awesome!

I've chopped my hair off many times and have never regretted it. I've been sporting a bob for a long time now, and that's what I'll likely keep since it's middle ground between what I like (short) and what DH likes (long). I will never grow my hair long, mostly b/c it just makes my face look too drawn and haggard. Short hair emphasizes the eyes, so you can have fun with that. Plus, big earrings are super fun with cropped hair.

I have friends with long hair who wear it up in ponytails or buns all the time. I can never understand what the purpose is of having long hair if you're always pulling it back! To me, it seems like a hassle with no real benefit. My BFF complains of headaches from her heavy, long hair piled up in a bun, and I'm always like, "You know...you could cut it short!" She's too scared b/c she's always had long hair and is so used to it.

When I chopped mine short, and also now with a bob, I feel like I have a *style*, which for me, makes me full more pulled together. Different strokes, but it's what I prefer.

I love your look. Change is wonderful!

When I chopped mine short, and also now with a bob, I feel like I have a *style*, which for me, makes me full more pulled together. Different strokes, but it's what I prefer.

I love your look. Change is wonderful!

That's exactly why I did it. I always thought I couldn't pull off short hair, but y'all, it looks so cute! I can't help but smile when I see it. I may tweak it a bit the next cut, a bit longer in the back/top or something, but I love it. My face looks totally different to me. I wish I'd done it earlier!!!! I don't think my sister/mom like it, but oh well. And my husband, bless the man, is a bit disoriented by it, but made sure to tell me it's my hair, and we only get one life to live so if I want to cut it, I should cut it. I love him! 

Anyway, I'm still on cloud nine. I actually even put on lipstick today!!!! And added some extra eye make up when I got home, because you could actually notice it without all that mane of hair! 

• Like 5

So..as the humidity hit it, my only concerns are that the curls are trying to force through, and with the short length it is not the best. I'm thinking it will look better as it grows out a bit so they are curls, not cowlicks. OR, it that doesn't work, going shorter to get rid of the curl issue entirely. 

Very cute!  It will take some time to see what it wants to do with the humidity. The stylist does my hair roughly the same way every time, and every day it looks a little bit different depending on whatever wild hair happens to be in a mood that day. I just go with it.

Thinking I might try letting it grow long enough to attempt this look, ala Meg Ryan, but nothing longer than that. Not until the kids are much older and I have a lot more me time, if ever. Y'all, I'm a convert. I had maybe a few minutes of mourning at most, late last night, but I always get more melodramatic late at night, lol. Seriously, she made that first cut and I just smiled. Part of me is confused, and I keep reaching back to adjust a ponytail that isn't there, and I may need a while to adjust to my reflection, but I like it. It's just new. 

meg-ryan.jpg

• Like 5

So...the super short hairs on the back of my neck, but she is the clipper on. Those soften up right? Because right now when I look up I have a little tiny hairs poking me from my neck. It's better than it was yesterday though so it will keep getting better right?

Also thank you all for supporting me! I couldn't have done it without you. Oh and wasn't it night elf that did this recently? That inspired me too.

Wow! You look great! I just PMd you because I noticed in another thread your avatar picture showed short hair. Somehow I missed your transformation. Yours is about as short as mine. Only I've gotten mine cut even shorter. A couple of weeks ago I went back and the stylist used a razor to cut my hair. It's a little too short for me but it should grow out nicely. I hope. My hair is SUPER easy to care for. I hope yours is too!