Menu

Need ideas for morning sickness

StaceyinLA

I need some fresh ideas. I never had any serious morning sickness, so I wasn't one of those who had to keep crackers on the nightstand or anything like that. One of my girls' friends is pregnant for the first time and has been asking my dd a lot of questions. My dd didn't really have issues either. I told her I would ask the hive.

I don't think she's dealing with HG or anything like that. It's early in her pg and it'll be a few weeks before she sees a dr. She's just throwing up as soon as she drinks water and stuff like that.

What do you suggest to eat before getting out of bed to maybe combat that? Also, if you couldn't stomach water, what are some suggestions for getting plenty of water through other methods? I recommended a weak decaf tea, lightly sweetened to up fluid intake, maybe some chicken soup or broth, popsicles, etc., but I don't want to recommend a lot of junky garbage for someone who is trying to grow a baby human!

Thanks for any input!

Tons of protein. It sounds counterintuitive but eating some nuts or even an hamburger first thing helped me so much. Carbs made my blood sugar go on a rollercoaster and the nausea much much worse. Saltines are the devil!

Limeade and salt/vinegar potato chips were big helps to me.  So was bacon cooked until very crispy (preferrably in a microwave).  I could not drink water at all, unless it was melted ice.  But, I could suck on ice chips.  And I liked a splash of cranberry juice in crushed ice.  I could drink the water from the melted ice.  Broths were good too.

I did go on to develop HG with all pregnancies and needed a lot of medical support. 

Trader Joes has ginger mints that helped a lot.

Also, just read a blog post (The Fike Life) where she swore by something called the Pink Stork? https://pinkstork.com/shop/starter-bundle/

I used pink stork with this pregnancy (just had my baby a week ago!) and it helped tremendously. Don't get me wrong, it was still horrible, but I was able to get off the sofa for a bit each day. I found it was important to incorporate all parts of the program. It's expensive but was worth it for me.

Im sick throughout pregnancy and pink stork gave me back the will to live 😉