Menu

aaron hernandez - suicide

gardenmom5

Yes. I was surprised to see that this morning. I thought, "just a few days ago he was found "Not Guilty" and then this?".  However, I am assuming, which I try not to do, that there were other charges that would have kept him in prison, which may or may not be correct. 

It's hard to say what was going through his mind.

With DH's attempt, he said that he woke up that morning and thought of nothing but ending the pain and sorrow. It was mechanical for him.

We were separated at the time, but I talked to him by phone the day before. He had plans to leave the area and travel.

• Like 2

Yes. I was surprised to see that this morning. I thought, "just a few days ago he was found "Not Guilty" and then this?".  However, I am assuming, which I try not to do, that there were other charges that would have kept him in prison, which may or may not be correct. 

He was currently serving a life sentence with no possibility of parole for another murder. 

Locally (Boston) there is speculation he was killed. I have no idea. Reading this, that he did it the day the Patriots were going to the White House, does make it seem suicide is likely.

He was in a small cell isolated most of the time. He got into fights when he was out.  Sounds like a life of misery. From what I understand, he was very close to his dad growing up.  When he dad died when he was a teen, he filled that vacuum with thug friends and serious drugs.  It is a sad story. 

But, his story is not sadder than the story of the 27 year old man he murdered.

• Like 5

The whole story is very tragic. A while ago I read an article on him -- his father was a huge influence in his life. According to reports his father instilled a good work ethic and sports ethic in him. When his father passed away everything went to ruin .... his mother remarried a guy who abused her (and if I am remembering correctly she married her niece's boyfriend). The family became fractured. Drugs starting being prominent in their house, etc.

I think he lost his way once his father died and his mother went off the deep end.

So many lives wasted.