Menu

Is there some way I can find out a friend's birthday online?

J-rap

She doesn't have Facebook.  I really should know, so I don't want to ask her...  And she lives across the country so it's not like we're together and I can sneakily find out by asking her what her state's driver's license looks like!  :)

(I've always kept it on my wall calendar before, but forgot to copy down birthdays this year before throwing the old calendar away.)

I think at our age people don't expect us to have it memorized! I would just tell her, "I lost my calendar and am filling out my new one- can you tell me what your bday is please?"

I actually prefer no one remember my own birthday, so maybe she will be like that and you'll have looked out. :) 

Is there a mutual friend you could ask?

Hmmm... that's a thought.  I guess if I can't think of any other way, I could find a friend of hers on Facebook.  (We don't have any mutual friends but I know the names of some of hers.)

I think at our age people don't expect us to have it memorized! I would just tell her, "I lost my calendar and am filling out my new one- can you tell me what your bday is please?"

I actually prefer no one remember my own birthday, so maybe she will be like that and you'll have looked out. :)

Except mine was just around a week ago, and she remembered mine.  And when I told her that I am impressed that she always remembers, she responded with something like, "Of course!  We've been friends long enough that I know it by heart!"

• Like 1

I'd much prefer that you ask me directly than stalk me on the internet or ask a mutual friend. Honesty is valuable.

The thing is, she doesn't have a single family member alive.  Long story.  But I think it actually means a lot to her that I remember every year.

Except mine was just around a week ago, and she remembered mine.  And when I told her that I am impressed that she always remembers, she responded with something like, "Of course!  We've been friends long enough that I know it by heart!"

Oh man. Yeah, I can see where that's a  :blushing: moment. 

Do you have her address? Have you tried searching for with a general search for her?

You'd be surprised what can turn yp.

I do have her address, but so far I'm only coming up with sites that make you pay for more info.

Do you know the month? Can you have the following conversation:

"I'm looking forward to when you can open your present on April 23rd! ... Wait...that doesn't sound right...why am I saying April 23rd? Your birthday is on the...um...oh, my mind has gone totally blank..."

And then hopefully she'll break in with the date and you say how crazy it was that you got the date mixed up. "Oh my goodness! All that stuff about memory as you age is true! I've been forgetting everything lately! Well, anyway, I can't WAIT for you to open your present on April 27th! You'll love it!"

It's sneaky and you have to be a good actress and would be a last resort...but you could do it if you had to. It would be a last resort though.

And you'd better get a really good present...

• Like 1

She doesn't have Facebook. I really should know, so I don't want to ask her... And she lives across the country so it's not like we're together and I can sneakily find out by asking her what her state's driver's license looks like! :)

(I've always kept it on my wall calendar before, but forgot to copy down birthdays this year before throwing the old calendar away.)

It won't help now but you should make a birthday calendar!

I always thought they were fun. Ive one at a different stages in life.

• Like 1

You can ask.

But it'd be really creepy considering this is your first post on the board.

I get it. But I like helping people. There is a website that has people's voter records. www.flvoters.com

It also has a few other states, unfortunately not CA. I really wasn't asking anything personal.

Zabasearch.com is another one that the OP can try.

• Like 1

"Hey, my dear friend.  I'm so embarrassed.  I wish I had your gift for remembering important dates, but I don't.  I lost all the birthdays I had listed on last year's calendar.  Now I have to recreate it.  So I'm asking everyone:  when is your birthday?"

I guess it's a little lie. But given her comment about remembering yours, it might be worth it.

For all you know, she doesn't actually remember, but has it written down.  I have a cousin who I haven't seen in 40 years who "remembers" my birthday every year - along with every other family member.  People marvel at his capacity for remembering but his sister finally told me that he has a calendar with all the birthdays on it.  It doesn't diminish my happiness at hearing from him every year.  I guess he enjoys having people think that he remembers on his own.  

• Like 2

Have you looked up your friend on mylife.com?  My dh and I both are listed there (even though neither of us ever opened an account), and it lists our birthdates. 

ETA:  FYI, on the main page of the site it says that people who are members can see who has been looking for them. 

Edited by klmama
  • Like 1