Menu

a good steampunk themed book/book series

zaichiki

Older ds does FIRST Robotics and the theme this year has a Steampunk flavor. Younger ds, ever the older bro admirer, just read the Leviathan trilogy by Scott Westerfield. I'm looking to find him another book or series in the genre. Can you recommend one your kid(s) loved?

I was going to say I loved that book, too!  I check sometimes to see if Book 2 is out.

The only other steampunk I have read is The Scar by China Mieville, which I liked a lot, but I think is a much more adult book.  I am not sure, it is has been years since I have read it. 

Oh, and I did read a book more recently called The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi, which I thought was great, but it is definitely much more adult, but seeing that the ages are 14 and 17 -- I think it is possible. 

The two I mention are books I liked as an adult, my kids are younger still. 

Edited by Lecka
  • Like 1

This is for the 11 year old. He reads fairly mature (for his age) themes, though no s*xual content, please. Ds would prefer a series (the trilogy was a good start) to a single book, but he wouldn't rule out a book just because it was stand-alone.

I will check out these suggestions.  Thanks for the head start on the search!  I appreciate it!