Menu

How many presents will not make it for Christmas?

RegGuheert

Isn't that the worst? If they actually ship 2 day it doesn't bother me quite as much, but NO ONE takes a full week to put your stuff in the mail anymore. Not even when you buy things off eBay or pre-made on Etsy. Why should amazon be doing this to Prime customers?

My husband has been known to contact customer service and ask for his order to be fulfilled quickly since we ARE Prime members after all. They are happy to do it. I should have done it, but it's the kind of thing that sounds charming out of his mouth and witchy out of mine.

• Like 3

USPS sent me an email at 845 this morning. They updated the Tracking at 729  to show that it is "In Transit to Destination". The "Location" field is blank.  I told DD that I don't know if that means the package was scanned at 729 A.M., or, if USPS just wanted to update the Tracking, to let us know that they have not forgotten us.  This is the URL of the company we bought the skates for DD from:  http://www.picskate.com/index.htm    Until about 10 days ago, I had no idea that type of skates existed...  

• Like 1

Amazon is "sorry" the items didn't arrive on time and if they aren't here by Tuesday, please contact them. (I didn't contact them; that is the message that appears on the order page.) UPS hasn't updated shipping data at all.

USPS dis the "in transit" scan for another package to me, too, Lanny. I think it is a non-specific scan code.

I finally opened a clothing item for one kid today. It is going to be too small, so I went ahead and ordered the next size up today. Arrival: Dec 29 (prime "2-day" shipping). Should be Wed by my calculations, but whatever. The kid won't mind.

Edited by RootAnn
  • Like 2

I suppose we will still stroll down to the mailbox this afternoon just in case something arrives which we completely forgot we had ordered.

No forgotten packages received today.  But we did get two more Christmas cards!

Merry Christmas and best wishes for those still awaiting packages!

• Like 3

Everything we ordered is here; I'm not sure about stuff from other people. We'll find out tomorrow.

I've been really peeved, though, that shippers have been acting for a month as though everything is a Christmas present and doesn't need to be here until today, including items for donations that needed to be in earlier--NINE DAYS to ship from an adjacent state, USPS? Do y'all bring things over the Appalachians by mule? and fourteen from somewhere else nearby because Amazon didn't send it out promptly, as though no one needs to get warm before the holiday! (Thankfully the small business I ordered my sister's birthday present from didn't make that mistake--either the gift note was sufficient notice or they're just prompt with everything.)

Yet secondhand school books I ordered this week but don't need until next year showed up in two days, as if somebody is getting fourth-grade Spanish in his stocking. Whatever.

• Like 2

Update on my late package - just *now* got scanned in Ohio and the updated status now says it'll be here on Tuesday.

(Is Monday a day off?) 

Merry Christmas!

I believe Monday is a Federal holiday and that most Federal government employees and bank employees will be off.  I am not sure whether or not the USPS and other carriers will be delivering packages on Monday. They will probably all collapse on Christmas Day and sleep. The skates for DD are also indicating Tuesday delivery on the USPS Tracking web site, so I suspect there will not be deliveries on Monday.  

• Like 2

I believe Monday is a Federal holiday and that most Federal government employees and bank employees will be off.  I am not sure whether or not the USPS and other carriers will be delivering packages on Monday. They will probably all collapse on Christmas Day and sleep. The skates for DD are also indicating Tuesday delivery on the USPS Tracking web site, so I suspect there will not be deliveries on Monday.  

Thank you! I just looked it up & UPS is observing Monday as their version of Christmas. Interestingly, they note that Next Day Air packages, which is what my not-here-package is, are one of the few types being delivered *today.* 

I hadn't thought of how Christmas-on-Sunday would affect businesses on Monday. Gotta have that holiday off, right?

• Like 2

My package is still in USPS limbo. It hadn't been scanned since 12/19. It was shipped on 12/13.

I hope it isn't lost because one of the items is sold out from the Etsy type seller.

I filled out an online form and haven't heard back at all...Except I did receive an online survey asking about my (non-existent) customer service experience.

I hope it shows up soon!

• Like 2

My package is still in USPS limbo. It hadn't been scanned since 12/19. It was shipped on 12/13.

I hope it isn't lost because one of the items is sold out from the Etsy type seller.

I filled out an online form and haven't heard back at all...Except I did receive an online survey asking about my (non-existent) customer service experience.

I hope it shows up soon!

That doesn't sound good.  I'm sorry you won't have it by Christmas.

How far was the package being sent?  Is there a chance this was stolen from your mailbox or front porch?

• Like 1

I hope it shows up soon!

Most of our packages are shipped by (or delivered by) USPS.   They do not seem to scan at every place where the package is handled. That takes time. Sometimes, something is sent to us via USPS and it is scanned at the  place where it was placed into the postal system and then not again until it arrives in Miami. Your package is probably perfectly fine and is  either sitting in a USPS facility or truck somewhere,  or is in transit to your destination. Keep your fingers crossed and hopefully it will be delivered to you this week. It is probably not lost, just not reporting in like "ET" of "ET phone home" fame

ETA: If your package was shipped "Parcel Post" instead of a higher cost service (Priority, etc.) they probably process the packages on a priority basis.

We have had excellent luck with things sent to Miami FL USA via USPS, and nothing, so far, has been lost or damaged.  

Edited by Lanny
  • Like 1

I did order a waffle iron from Amazon this week and I got an e-mail this morning saying it shipped and is due tomorrow.  I'll be very surprised if I get it.  I'm not in a hurry though so probably I will.

I did end up getting that waffle iron.

That's great!  When did it arrive?

Merry Christmas!

DD14 (who is NEVER awake at this time) just came down and put some stocking stuffers into her siblings' stockings. Teenagers never cease to surprise me! :svengo:

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Merry Christmas!  I'm sitting here alone with both of my teenagers still asleep.  I actually don't expect them until around 10a  :001_smile:

SaveSave

• Like 1

I believe that A LOT of packages will be delivered on Tuesday, 27 December 2016.  Another Xmas day...   Look for your delayed packages tomorrow!    This morning, at 943, I received an email from USPS Tracking. The package with the skates for DD was scanned at 928, "Arrival at Hub", in Miami, FL   In our case, we did not order those skates until 9 days ago, and he told us that he would probably ship them the middle or end of last week (he shipped them USPS Priority on Thursday) so we were not expecting them to be in the hands of our Receiver/Forwarder in time for them to be here before Christmas.   They will hopefully be "Out for Delivery"  in Miami tomorrow, 

And then, there is Groupon Colombia.  Last week, I googled for Ice Skating in Cali. One of the things in the results was a Groupon Coupon that had expired in October. I signed up for their mailing list. This morning, I received an email from Groupon Colombia, with 8 or 10 specials, including Ice Skating in Cali. Approximately 60% off.  Nice.  However, when I told my wife about it, she said that if we can't pay for it by PayPal, she doesn't want to use a Credit Card with Groupon Colombia.  she's read bad things about Groupon Colombia. She's right.  I looked on their Facebook page and there are comments from people who say that were ripped off.  It would be nice, to save about 60%, but we will just pay the regular price and avoid the possibility of a hassle, because something went awry with Groupon Colombia. I hope Groupon works much better than that in the USA!  I am going to unsubscribe from the Groupon Colombia Mailing List.

Look for your packages on Tuesday, December 27th! 

• Like 1

All of my packages arrived on time. One is coming tomorrow, but I knew that before ordering. Two items that said they would come today actually arrived last Friday instead.

My only complaint is that USPS thinks it is okay to bend paperback books in half to get them to fit in my mailbox rather than walk a package to my doorstep. Happened multiple times. Grrrr.

• Like 2

My only complaint is that USPS thinks it is okay to bend paperback books in half to get them to fit in my mailbox rather than walk a package to my doorstep. Happened multiple times. Grrrr.

We had to replace our rural mailbox recently and decided to NOT get the smallest type because of this issue.  The largest box would have been better, but it was simply too large.  Beyond a certain size package, I am happy to have our carrier bring the items up to the house.

• Like 2

The few things I ordered to be shipped from Amazon arrived. And I ordered all of those things in the last few days before Christmas.

One pick up at store order was cancelled but that was ok, I went to a local toy store and bought an alternate lego set.

One thing I ordered from a small online store a couple of weeks out hasn't arrived yet.

Amazon Prime Now even saved our butts when my husband forgot to stop at the store on Christmas

Eve. They delivered cream cheese, bubbly and a few other things in under 2 hours for an order placed at 8:45 on Christmas Eve. I tipped that driver well for saving our traditions and breakfast plans.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We did not order the PIC Skates for DD until December 17th and were told he would ship the middle or end of the next week (which he did, 5 days later).  We had the skates shipped separately, to reduce the tax we need to pay. The first skate went through Customs last Friday and was out for delivery on Saturday, New Years Eve, but the rules of our subdivision do not permit delivery trucks to enter after 1 or 2 on Saturdays and they work a shorter day on Saturdays, and it was New Years Eve.   Yesterday, Monday, they tried to deliver, but we didn't hear the phone ring or the Security Guard called the house next door to us.  This morning, I was on my way out, on  my bicycle, and the delivery truck was on the way in.    :hurray:

The other skate: I paid for shipping Saturday morning and it was in MIA (Miami International Airport) on Saturday afternoon. That was New Years Eve. Yesterday (Monday) the tracking still showed it was in "MIA" so I sent an email to our Receiver/Forwarder, asking if the Tracking had died, or,if the Tracking was correct and it was still in MIA.  No reply. Yesterday was one of the few holidays they get and I'm sure they all deserved a day off, after the Christmas madness.  This morning, she replied that there was a screw up and it should fly tonight. So, if all goes well, it will go through Customs tomorrow (Wednesday) and will be delivered to our house on Thursday.

The Shipping from Miami cost a little more than I thought, but I think by splitting the 2 skates up like that we saved approximately USD $25.

DD is very happy with the PIC Skate that arrived today. We bought the skates with 3 wheels, but he upgraded her to skates with 4 wheels (more load bearing capacity) and he upgraded the spare PICs to more expensive PICs, which we appreciate.

We need to buy a Safety Helmet and Knee Pads and Elbow pads for DD to use when she is using the PIC Skates, because hard surfaces are not as forgiving if one falls, as Ice is.

We never thought these would arrive before Christmas and I didn't even know these type of skates existed, until approximately 4 days before we bought them

DD is getting what she wanted, which I didn't know existed a few weeks ago. My wife got Logitech Gaming stuff I didn't know existed, until she told us what she wanted for her birthday last year. And when my wife was out of town last year, I called her and thanked her for the Fathers Day gift (an Incomplete Dell Mobile Workstation) I'd won in an eBay Auction.  No surprises, but "Happy Campers"

• Like 1

Our tablet that was broken has been sent back, and the new one is on the way. The math course from the UK never made it. Looking at the email with the order confirmation, the was a link to track the order (don't know how I missed that!) ... And it says it was delivered. I checked our post office today in case a delivery notification blew off the door.... But it isn't there. So I will need to phone them. Sigh.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

• Like 2