Menu

I feel miserable

Terabith

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Improving some. As long as I stay horizontal, I don't feel too terrible. I need to sleep about 18 hours. I am still running a fever and having shivering chills, headache, sore throat. When I get up, I feel pretty awful, but I know it's important to get up some to prevent pneumonia and blood clots and such. But mostly I wish someone would tuck me in bed and bring me a cold washcloth for my headache and reassure constantly bursting into tears me that it's going to be ok and help me get through the stupid homework I have for classes I'm taking.

• Like 2

Improving some. As long as I stay horizontal, I don't feel too terrible. I need to sleep about 18 hours. I am still running a fever and having shivering chills, headache, sore throat. When I get up, I feel pretty awful, but I know it's important to get up some to prevent pneumonia and blood clots and such. But mostly I wish someone would tuck me in bed and bring me a cold washcloth for my headache and reassure constantly bursting into tears me that it's going to be ok and help me get through the stupid homework I have for classes I'm taking.

:grouphug: I'm sorry you still feel so ill. Be patient. Viruses stink.

Today is day 8.  I feel better than I did, especially while I'm lying down.  When I get out of bed, I really struggle with the shaking and feeling more  unwell.  And as the day goes on, my fever goes back up, although it hasn't really been actually going away, just down.  I'm just exhausted. 

Today is day 8.  I feel better than I did, especially while I'm lying down.  When I get out of bed, I really struggle with the shaking and feeling more  unwell.  And as the day goes on, my fever goes back up, although it hasn't really been actually going away, just down.  I'm just exhausted. 

It's following the same trajectory as my recent bout with the flu. The first week I was flat on my back with high fevers. The second week was better by inches--lower fever, less achiness. By the end of the second week I was done with fevers and felt more myself, but was weak.

• 2 weeks later...

I am much, much better. Off narcotics which makes me feel much better. Realized some of what was making feel still sick were medication side effects of new psych med, which sucks because it works super well.

I haven't read any of the other responses so please forgive me if this has been mentioned already,

but have you tried either diffusing Lavender essential oil or applying it (mixed with a carrier oil) to your

pulse points and/or bottoms of your feet? It's a simple thing to do but really does help!