Menu

Avoid the flu at all costs!

Slache

It's horrendous this year. I hurt everywhere. My bones hurt, I can barely open my jaw to eat or brush my teeth, I've had terrible headaches every day.

We don't have anything going on so we're all just laying around watching movies and eating soup but if we had unavoidable responsibilities it would be awful. I don't want to write because my hands hurt, I don't want to walk because my knees hurt, and my head hurts all the time.

So in short, avoid the flu at all costs! You have been warned.

• Like 1

It's horrendous this year. I hurt everywhere. My bones hurt, I can barely open my jaw to eat or brush my teeth, I've had terrible headaches every day.

We don't have anything going on so we're all just laying lying around watching movies and eating soup but if we had unavoidable responsibilities it would be awful. I don't want to write because my hands hurt, I don't want to walk because my knees hurt, and my head hurts all the time.

So in short, avoid the flu at all costs! You have been warned.

FTFY. :D 

Oh you poor thang!!!! You definitely need the bunny slippers. Also sending happy healing thoughts, and prayers that you get better soon and that your children don't come down with it.

classic-white-bunny-slippers-bb-2-lg-01.

• Like 3

Obviously my caffeine hasn't kicked in yet. I THOUGHT you said 'avoid the flu SHOT at all costs' but then some posters

talked about "did you get the shot?" or "We're getting the flu shot. Hope it helps." and I'm here thinking, "she just SAID she got

the flu shot!" But obviously you didn't. Oi. Maybe I need more sleep too. Probably.

In any case, whether you did or didn't get the flu shot (which, from personal experience neither my dh and I recommend),

I do hope you feel better soon!

• Like 1

FTFY. :D 

Oh you poor thang!!!! You definitely need the bunny slippers. Also sending happy healing thoughts, and prayers that you get better soon and that your children don't come down with it.

classic-white-bunny-slippers-bb-2-lg-01.

:lol: I'm a slow learner. The kids have it, so does Hubby. I took pictures of the kids because they've never looked this bad before.   

Slache, did you get the vax?

No. Bad experiences.

Has it been confirmed flu? Because my dh had all those same symptoms and it was confirmed not the flu. He was miserable for a good week and it still recovering but now DayQuil will get him through the day. So far, the kids have only gotten a fever from their dad. We'll see if it progresses to more

Has it been confirmed flu? Because my dh had all those same symptoms and it was confirmed not the flu. He was miserable for a good week and it still recovering but now DayQuil will get him through the day. So far, the kids have only gotten a fever from their dad. We'll see if it progresses to more

No, it was just a better title than avoid my horrible illness at all costs. I did assume it's the flu though.  

Dh came down with this about two weeks ago. He ran a temp for 9 days. He is still coughing. Last week after two nights of neither of us sleeping, he offered to sleep in the den. I was going to suggest garage, coughing was so bad. It is early and ugly this year.

How sweet! Him, not you. You should feel bad. Kidding!
  • Like 1

I have had achy bones for a couple of days... I did wonder if I was coming down with the flu but I feel better today. DD had the flu but seemed to recover quickly. She stayed home yesterday and bounced off to school today. Sadly she missed the Honor Roll Ceremony at school, but she will still get her Honor Roll card.

• Like 1

Get better soon! I had the flu two years ago and it was awful?

May I ask if you had a flu shot this year? I'm wondering if this is going to be one of the more effective or less effective years for the vaccine. I've had a shot, but I had one two years ago as well and it did no good at all because the most common strain going around that year had not been included in the vaccine.

Edited by maize
  • Like 1

I haven't heard anything about the efficacy of the vaccine this year but I have never had one cause my arm to ache so much after the injection. It was well done, a good stick and all that, but later in the morning I really felt all that achy heavy yuckiness in my upper arm. I haven't made time for a flu shot in years, but I was in for something else and got it while there. I'm glad I did, since the flu sounds like it will be awful and early this year, if that's what you actually have. Hope you feel better soon, Slache.

• Like 1

I have had achy bones for a couple of days... I did wonder if I was coming down with the flu but I feel better today. DD had the flu but seemed to recover quickly. She stayed home yesterday and bounced off to school today. Sadly she missed the Honor Roll Ceremony at school, but she will still get her Honor Roll card.

I'm so sorry! That sucks. 

Get better soon! I had the flu two years ago and it was awful?

May I ask if you had a flu shot this year? I'm wondering if this is going to be one of the more effective or less effective years for the vaccine. I've had a shot, but I had one two years ago as well and it did no good at all because the most common strain going around that year had not been included in the vaccine.

I did not. We don't flu vax here. hjffkj's post does seem to suggest it's not the flu.
  • Like 1