Menu

Tieks

Janie Grace

I keep seeing these and I have to admit, I'm tempted. http://tieks.com

The colors, the (apparent) quality, the classic stye, but... the price!  :scared:

Do you have a pair? Are they worth it? Any tips on where to find them on sale? Any almost-as-good (or better!) knock-offs for a cheaper price? If I were rich, I'd order 5 pairs. They are so cute. 

• Like 3

I have been oogling them, too! So cute! I'm imagining silver, to go with everything. But good grief, that's a lotta money for a pair of shoes.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

I had a pair of flats once that were the same color as the pewter Tieks. That color really did go with everything.

I'm far too cheap to spend that much on a pair of flats. I will spend that (and more) on awesome boots. 😜

I have a pair. I rarely buy myself anything and so before a solo trip overseas I decided to spend the money and get a pair. I brought the chestnut tieks and one other pair of shoes with me and I mostly wore the tieks. I walked 52,000 steps in 2 days around London only wearing the tieks, and while my feet were tired after walking those many steps I had no blisters and the next morning I had no pain in my feet. I've had them for a year and a half and they've held up well and have gotten even more comfortable over time.

When I first received them I was disappointed as I didn't think they were super comfortable but they needed a break in time. After a week of wearing them they felt wonderful. Before buying these I hadn't bought a new pair of shoes in a year (and that was only buying a pair of toms to replace my worn out toms). I have not bought a pair of shoes since.

I wish that they were cheaper. Whenever anyone sees a link to them there's always comments about how people would NEVER spend that much on shoes as though people who do so are frivolous spenders.  I think that, like with everything, we make choices about where to spend more money every day. For me, these are worth it. 

• Like 6

I don't think so. They are ballet flats, so by definition, they don't have great support. But they have very thick foam padding on the soles (kind of like shock absorbers) so they are supposed to be far more comfortable than most flats.

Yup the cushioning in the sole is really nice and makes them easy to wear all day. I loved the look of ballet flats but had the worst time finding a pair that didn't hurt. My sister had a pair that I tried and that convinced me to order my own. I've got four pairs now and really love them. I know they're on the pricey side, but I wear them a lot and haven't had any issues with my feet hurting or blisters the way I did with other flats. Definitely give them a try if you're curious. They have some of the best customer service I've dealt with in my many years of online shopping. If they don't work for you, you can exchange for a different size or color or return them so long as they weren't worn outside. They make it very easy! 

• Like 2

Oh, my, I love ballet flats and those are perfect. I have both a camel and black pair of flats that I love but I'd like to have some nude and/or navy ones. I hate spending on shoes but I've figured out that in the end, it is worth it to get shoes that are comfy that I like, otherwise I just don't wear them. 

I have a pair. I rarely buy myself anything and so before a solo trip overseas I decided to spend the money and get a pair. I brought the chestnut tieks and one other pair of shoes with me and I mostly wore the tieks. I walked 52,000 steps in 2 days around London only wearing the tieks, and while my feet were tired after walking those many steps I had no blisters and the next morning I had no pain in my feet. I've had them for a year and a half and they've held up well and have gotten even more comfortable over time.

When I first received them I was disappointed as I didn't think they were super comfortable but they needed a break in time. After a week of wearing them they felt wonderful. Before buying these I hadn't bought a new pair of shoes in a year (and that was only buying a pair of toms to replace my worn out toms). I have not bought a pair of shoes since.

I wish that they were cheaper. Whenever anyone sees a link to them there's always comments about how people would NEVER spend that much on shoes as though people who do so are frivolous spenders.  I think that, like with everything, we make choices about where to spend more money every day. For me, these are worth it. 

What color did you get? I don't know how I'd ever decide! They are all so lovely.

EDITED: Never mind! I see you have the chestnut.

Edited by Janie Grace

What color did you get? I don't know how I'd ever decide! They are all so lovely.

EDITED: Never mind! I see you have the chestnut.

Yes! I got the chestnut and they go with everything. I wear them with dresses/skirts and with jeans. They're my go to shoe.

If I had to pick a second I'd go with the dark red or the navy. I'm a minimalist dresser for the most part so I need a color that can go with 95% of my wardrobe!

I'd love to buy a pair but the price......maybe I'll ask for them for my birthday.

For those of you that have them, how does the sizing run?

I wear a 7 and bought a 7. 

They have great customer service and I'm sure that they'd be able to advise you which would probably work for you. I have heard of them sending 2 sizes if you're unsure and they'll send you a prepaid envelope to send the off size back.

Birthdays or Christmas is pretty much the only time I can ask for something like these (and even then it's probably one of my only gifts) so I'm thankful that I had some spending money for vacation which I was able to spend on these!

• Like 1

I love how the look without feet in them! However, I've never seen ballet flats looking good on actual feet--even the photos of those happy reviewers look awkward to me--toes visible, often unevenly; toes pushing through on the sides; feet looking too wide, as if they are falling out of the shoes.

So I'm obviously missing something! If you love ballet flats and you think they look great, what does looking great mean to you? Do they look better on certain type of foot?

I was impressed with their sizes, though. I'd need size 12. I adore all the colours and they look so soft.

I thought they were super cute.  I ordered a pair to wear on a trip, but they did not fit well at all.  I ordered a size up to compare, but they were way too big.  One was so tight it pinched my toes and the top of my foot and the other was way too big.  I had over a 1/2 inch of space between my toe and the shoe.  I wish they had 1/2 sizes.  As much as I wanted to love them, they just did not work for me.  I guess my wallet was happy for that.

• Like 1

They're adorable, but for those of you who own them, do they really last long enough to make it worth the price? I've had several pairs of ballet flats over the years, everything from Target cheapies to super-comfy high end ones, and without fail they never made it past two years before they started to fall apart.

They're adorable, but for those of you who own them, do they really last long enough to make it worth the price? I've had several pairs of ballet flats over the years, everything from Target cheapies to super-comfy high end ones, and without fail they never made it past two years before they started to fall apart.

I've had mine a year and a half and they would look great (and have held up well) except for the fact that my friend's puppy found my shoes and started chewing on them.  :scared: When I got there the puppy was put away and I didn't think anything of it until my friend found him chewing on them. Thankfully we found him right after he got to them so there are only a couple of teeth marks in them. My friend offered to pay for a new pair of shoes for me but knowing how much these are I couldn't let her. They don't look too bad and I can make do. The bottoms look like they're brand new and I've worn them at least 4 times a week for a year and a half.

They're real leather so there are scuffs on the underside where the leather meets the bottom, but that doesn't bother me. For how much I've used them I feel like I've gotten good use out of them.

• Like 1