Menu

Do you get those $10 off a $10 or more purchase coupons?

Ottakee

This week I had three of them.

Kohls.... bought myself a dressier t shirt I can wear to teach...normally $20, on sale for $11.99. with my coupon it was $1.99

JC Penney....bought a jewel purple colored exercise shirt for myself. Normally $20, on sale for $10 so I walked out the door with it for FREE.

Younkers....went today but didn't get anything. Last week I had another one of the coupons and got a really nice bath towel for $1. I will save this coupon (valid all of Aug) and likely get another premium bath towel for $1.

One of my biggest scores ever was a $50 off $50 or more coupon at Younkers where I got designer bling jeans and a Columbia fleece jacket for myself for $2.

• Like 5

Bon-ton used to send those, now I have noticed they are $10 off of a $25 purchase. The problem at Bon-ton is that so many things were excluded that it could take hours to find something that you could use the coupon on.

The last time I had one, dd needed some new panties. I found some that weren't on sale, so I could use the coupon (because if they were on sale, then they would be excluded from the coupon). Turns out they were on sale, but it there was nothing indicating they were at the display. I had them get the store manager because it was not my fault they didn't mark them on sale and that was the only thing I wanted. The manager agreed and sold them to me at full price and then took the coupon off.

Bon-ton used to send those, now I have noticed they are $10 off of a $25 purchase. The problem at Bon-ton is that so many things were excluded that it could take hours to find something that you could use the coupon on.

The last time I had one, dd needed some new panties. I found some that weren't on sale, so I could use the coupon (because if they were on sale, then they would be excluded from the coupon). Turns out they were on sale, but it there was nothing indicating they were at the display. I had them get the store manager because it was not my fault they didn't mark them on sale and that was the only thing I wanted. The manager agreed and sold them to me at full price and then took the coupon off.

I now officially hate Bon-ton.

I placed a rather large order recently, they had the $60 Racheal Ray Vinegar and Oil sets for $10.  I got 4 of them, hoping those could be good Christmas gifts.

I also got some Rachael Ray bowls.

They sent only one of the two garbage bowls I ordered.  I had to call THREE times and email twice to finally get them to send it.  They kept saying, "We will forward this to the managers and they will see if we can send a replacement"  I had to keep saying, "This is NOT a replacement, I never got it!"

Finally on the 3rd call, the guy had the authority to just order it for me.  I asked him why I had such trouble and was met with a shrug off comment and a "Well, you got it now."  

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I now officially hate Bon-ton.

I placed a rather large order recently, they had the $60 Racheal Ray Vinegar and Oil sets for $10. I got 4 of them, hoping those could be good Christmas gifts.

I also got some Rachael Ray bowls.

They sent only one of the two garbage bowls I ordered. I had to call THREE times and email twice to finally get them to send it. They kept saying, "We will forward this to the managers and they will see if we can send a replacement" I had to keep saying, "This is NOT a replacement, I never got it!"

Finally on the 3rd call, the guy had the authority to just order it for me. I asked him why I had such trouble and was met with a shrug off comment and a "Well, you got it now."

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bon-ton is a difficult store to work with. My ds ordered some shirts there recently. One of the shirts he received was slightly different than the picture of what he ordered. He called and they said he could go in and exchange it for what it should have been at the local store. The price was higher for the one he ordered in the picture, so the guy would only exchange it if he paid the difference in price. He showed him the picture of what he ordered and everything.

My mom has become convinced that the Penney's $10/$10 coupons are triggered by paying with a check. I have started paying that way at JCP and now I get their coupons too! If you still have checks, it is worth a try.

I get the coupons, but have never paid with a check there.

We just used ours last week - got my daughter a nice cardigan on sale for $20 and paid $10.

I have one to use at Peebles, too.  

• Like 1

I get them and always make it a point to use them - why not?!?

My favorite was when JC Penney was having some big anniversary thing and they were handing them out at the door. My sister and I walked in and when I opened mine, it was $100 off $100 purchase! I bought myself a new purse (which was what I had gone in to look for), bought my sister a purse (and she treated me to sushi after we shopped), my dds some sandals, myself some of my favorite socks, and it only cost me $9 for tax. It was awesome!

• Like 1

I get the coupons, but have never paid with a check there.

We just used ours last week - got my daughter a nice cardigan on sale for $20 and paid $10.

I have one to use at Peebles, too.  

Same here.  I have one right now.  I can't remember the last time I used a check in a store.  Always a credit card. (And not a JCP card either.)

• Like 1

Bon-ton is a difficult store to work with.

I just looked at my coupon and Younkers is a Bon-ton store.  I have the same problems trying to use the coupons.  I have found that towels work pretty well as they are often $10.99 or $11.99 which is WAYYYY too expensive, but after my coupon they are quite reasonable.

I get JCPenny ones sometimes. Normally towards the holidays I think. 

And I get Shop Your Way rewards ones pretty often - they are good at sears or kmart, so I normally just buy online from sears and choose in store pickup so it's easy. 

I normally either get clothes for myself or dd or use them to stash gifts for x-mas.