Menu

Where do you do your back-to-school shopping?

Janie Grace

Binders, loose leaf, composition books, pens... all that good stuff. Where do you get the best prices this time of year? I COULD drive around to Target and Walmart and Staples and Costco and look at Amazon to figure it out myself... but I am sure someone here already knows the answer! The only stipulation is that I want pretty good quality... no cheapy binders that are wrecked by month two. So... I'm all ears. Where do you shop?  :bigear:

When Target start putting out Christmas stuff. Now their seasonal staff is back to school and Halloween. Our school districts have different start dates so end August, beginning of September then to be when stores clear their leftover back to school excess.

Here Target puts back to school binders, filer paper, notebooks, white boards, post-its back to the office supply aisles. So it is the things like fancy pencil cases that go on clearance.

Everywhere. :) This week I got:

from Staples:

$0.50 Crayola crayons 24 pk (Walmart had them for about $1.25)

3 pack of FriXion pens for $3

from Office Depot:

1 cent filler paper (I think with a 4.99 purchase maybe?)

from Walmart

$0.97 Crayola colored pencils 12 pk

We didn't need any of those things, I was just in those stores anyway and thought I'd grab the good deals. :)

This year I did all of my back to school shopping at Target and Staples. Crayola products were much cheaper than Up and Up counterparts (50 cents 24 ct crayons vs. 1.75). Scissors were 97 cents, etc. All my paper products were from Staples. Spiral notebooks were 17c each, so were the folders. I stock up on extra notebooks and loose papers. 

Binders, loose leaf, composition books, pens... all that good stuff. Where do you get the best prices this time of year? I COULD drive around to Target and Walmart and Staples and Costco and look at Amazon to figure it out myself... but I am sure someone here already knows the answer! The only stipulation is that I want pretty good quality... no cheapy binders that are wrecked by month two. So... I'm all ears. Where do you shop?  :bigear:

We just did that today -- at Staples.  The range of products is good.  The sales were very good.  I saved enough on the basics to be under my budget enough so that I could spend a little extra on the backpack he really wanted.  I was very happy with that.

Depends on what you need. I did get a pack of two jumbo binders at Sam's last year and it was way more affordable than some places.

Everywhere. :) This week I got:
from Staples:
$0.50 Crayola crayons 24 pk (Walmart had them for about $1.25)
3 pack of FriXion pens for $3

from Office Depot:
1 cent filler paper (I think with a 4.99 purchase maybe?)

from Walmart
$0.97 Crayola colored pencils 12 pk

We didn't need any of those things, I was just in those stores anyway and thought I'd grab the good deals. :)

The week I bought the 24pk at Walmart it was 50 cents a box. Guess we had good timing.

When possible it might be better to buy online and have sent to store. You may even earn some more points if your CC offers rewards for online shopping and/or you use a link that generates points. Also some items are only offered online.