Menu

does anyone remember this sweatshirt?

SparklyUnicorn

Not the sweatshirt, but I remember the jeans very well. :) Add a Swatch watch, some slouchy socks, and Reebok high tops, and you'd be rocking OUT. 

Fashion was so comfortable in the 80's. Sigh.

maybe if you were a kid. . . or into grunge.  otherwise, not so much.

One of my favorite sweatshirts was a teal blue Coca-Cola one. We didn't have a lot of money, but my awesome dad bought it for me because he knew I wanted one so badly. :)

I had that shirt!!!! Do you remember all the Esprit shirts and the huge sweaters with the geometric shapes? And oh my, the earrings. This is like flashback thread. Someone cue the Flashdance soundtrack.

maybe if you were a kid. . . or into grunge. otherwise, not so much.

Grunge wasn't cool until the 90's though. Then is was flannels and doc Martins which were super comfy too. :) But yeah, I toured the 80's as a kid. But for adults, I agree. I am glad I missed out on massive shoulder pads and bow neck work blouses! My mom didn't though. I have noticed jumpers making a come back though which is painful to watch!

Yep, I remember that shirt and the style that went with it.  I was a teen in the late 80's early 90's and loved the big, baggy, colorful, styles.  I still refuse to wear tight clothes, I mean Muffin Tops? WTH!  DD likes to wear those high waist shorts made popular by Taylor Swift, and all I can think is "ugh" so uncomfortable.

Edited by foxbridgeacademy
  • Like 3

Not the sweatshirt, but I remember the jeans very well. :) Add a Swatch watch, some slouchy socks, and Reebok high tops, and you'd be rocking OUT. 

Fashion was so comfortable in the 80's. Sigh.

My 1984 Swatch still works, and I wear it every day.

My Guess jeans, on the other hand... I couldn't fit into them if I still had them. 

• Like 3

maybe if you were a kid. . . or into grunge.  otherwise, not so much.

I was a teenager in the 80's, and we pretty much lived in jeans, tees, sweatshirts, and sweaters. Very comfortable. I remember in junior high, long sweatshirts (mid-thigh length) were all the rage. Paired with leggings, it was like wearing pjs to school. :)

I agree that women's office and formal wear looked incredibly uncomfortable, though!

I had that shirt!!!! Do you remember all the Esprit shirts and the huge sweaters with the geometric shapes? And oh my, the earrings. This is like flashback thread. Someone cue the Flashdance soundtrack.

So cool! Yes, I definitely remember the Esprit shirts and the big colorful sweaters. I had an Esprit purse. My ears couldn't handle piercing (even though I tried twice!), but there were plenty of other fun accessories. I had jelly bracelets, friendship pins on my shoes, and one of those plastic charm necklaces (I sold it for nice chunk of change on eBay). Good times.  :)

Grunge wasn't cool until the 90's though. Then is was flannels and doc Martins which were super comfy too. :)

Yep, when I graduated from high school in the early 90's, we had Nirvana and Pearl Jam on continual rotation and Doc Martens, flowy skirts, and flannels were coming into style. I still love my flowy skirts and boots!

Yep, when I graduated from high school in the early 90's, we had Nirvana and Pearl Jam on continual rotation and Doc Martens, flowy skirts, and flannels were coming into style. I still love my flowy skirts and boots!

Heck yes! I've noticed some plaid shirts entering dd's wardrobe and she has some Doc type boots she wears all the time. I'm hoping it makes a come back. So much better than the high waisted Gloria Vanderbilt style that was seeming to rear its head on celebrities.

Heck yes! I've noticed some plaid shirts entering dd's wardrobe and she has some Doc type boots she wears all the time. I'm hoping it makes a come back. So much better than the high waisted Gloria Vanderbilt style that was seeming to rear its head on celebrities.

:iagree:

DD is still doing some of the ugly stuff but she's also wearing combat boots with babydoll dresses.... makes me laugh because I wore the same thing 20 years ago.