Menu

bOOkshelves...smaller band size paired with larger volumes

fairfarmhand

I know this has been covered before.

I need to buy for one of my girls size 32Cs.

Where do you find them at the lowest prices? I really doubt this is a super uncommon size, but the smallest that I can typically find is 34 or 36 with a C cup.

Online is best.

And no, I can't afford to spend 40 or 50 bucks on each one. I have 3 bOOKshelf wearing femalies in this house and they're about to bankrupt me.

I find them on sale at department stores like Belk or Macy's. They sometimes have "buy 2 get 1 free" sales or better. You can mix and match sizes. One of them even has a club where you get one item free for every so many you purchase. They aren't fancy bras, but they do the job and last quite a while. 

ETA: I order online during the sales, the size and color selection is better. 

Edited by TechWife

I may be no help in that depatment because there are only brochure-sized leaflets around here and I could actually go with a Walmart Ah-Bra bit of nothing if I wanted.

That said, I remember reading that you can correspond sizes in such a way that you don't have to get a 32C. It's like - go with 34B or something. Up one band size, down one cup size, or some such thing.

I may be no help in that depatment because there are only brochure-sized leaflets around here and I could actually go with a Walmart Ah-Bra bit of nothing if I wanted.

That said, I remember reading that you can correspond sizes in such a way that you don't have to get a 32C. It's like - go with 34B or something. Up one band size, down one cup size, or some such thing.

You know, that's what they say, but everytime I try that I end up with something that just doesn't feel right. Like the shelves are too far apart. or close together or something. Then book pages start flapping out and it looks more like arm flab.

• Like 6

macy's. on sale. (they have some good sales) underwire.  I dont' skimp on bras - the weight can actually damage your back.  my sister had a REDUCTION paid for by her insurance because of the back problems caused  by her natural bOOks.

that size is easier to find now than when I was a 32D. . . .

I may be unusual, but since six kids gave me large and unwieldy books, I love sports bras like these: http://www.target.com/p/c9-champion-women-s-power-shape-sports-bra/-/A-16719582#prodSlot=_1_12

They have clasps in the back, nice wide shoulder straps, plenty of fabric up front to keep everything reined in and are very comfortable. Plus they have inserts in the front, so the poor things have a bit more shape. They don't come in cup sizes, but I found mediums to fit well and I'm probably a 32C. 

• Like 1

Nordstrom Rack, or the sales rack at a regular Nordstrom.  We just got three 32D's for about twenty dollars apiece.  I've also found that once we've found something that works on the sales rack, we can often find more of the same item, at a similar low price, by searching on the brand, style number, and size on eBay (or sometimes on Google).  

• Like 1

You know, that's what they say, but everytime I try that I end up with something that just doesn't feel right. Like the shelves are too far apart. or close together or something. Then book pages start flapping out and it looks more like arm flab.

I think sister sizes only go so far. I technically measure at a 32 D but the 32 band is just a hair snug so I can use the 34 C trick and it works. My dd measures the same size but the 34 band would never work for her as it would just be too big.

• Like 1

Story of my youngest dd's life. We've found department stores just don't carry her size (32DDD; requires underwire or very high support sports bra) in store at all, and often not online. Have had some luck with Amazon but it's very, very hard to find anything under $40. Last time we bought from Bare Necessities.

Story of my youngest dd's life. We've found department stores just don't carry her size (32DDD; requires underwire or very high support sports bra) in store at all, and often not online. Have had some luck with Amazon but it's very, very hard to find anything under $40. Last time we bought from Bare Necessities.

I found a really nice 32DDD that wasn't that expensive at a L'eggs/Hanes/Bali outlet recently. They only had four styles to try on but thankfully one of them was just perfect for me. 

I used to be that size and I had to really dig around and be patient but usually I could find something at JC Penny or Target.  Gillian O'Malley sometimes has that size and I think they are carried by Target?

Dillards and Sears also sometimes have that size in various brands but you need to wait until a sale to get a good price.  

Much as DH loves for me to buy at Victoria's Secret, and they DO have funky sizes for just about everyone, the prices are way high and the 2 bras I bought there did not last nearly as long as my cheaper Gillian O'Malleys.  Sometimes they have sales so you might try there anyway.  Since bra shopping is such a pain (even more so now that one bOOk is smaller than the other and both bOOks are bigger than average while the shelf is still pretty small) I would much rather buy a bra that lasts so I haven't gone back but many love that place.

Good luck!

I'm a 30C but tend to buy 32B because they are much easier to find. Victoria's Secret sells down to band size 32, and their wireless molded foam cup ones are wonderful. https://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/lounge-and-wireless/wireless-bra-the-t-shirt?ProductID=280649&CatalogueType=OLS

I do wish they carried 30s, but since they are wireless, it's not such a big deal.