Menu

Want to do neat Easter baskets for tweens. Help!

Alicia64

I know how to make adorable Easter baskets for the cute set, but what do you do for 12 year old boys?

They love the holiday and chocolate and jelly beans etc.

But I'd like to be creative and come up w/ some fun ideas to surprise them.

Any suggestions?

Alley

I have filled eggs with 550 cord and 'how to make your own survival bracelet" instructions (clasps are available at craft stores), venus fly traps, outdoor gear, did a camo egg hunt (and one where the eggs were hung, stuck on walls, and glowed in the dark), given a geode, threw in water guns..

Whatever they're interested in, I'm sure the board could help come up with ideas on things to add to your kids' baskets. :)

• Like 2

I have filled eggs with 550 cord and 'how to make your own survival bracelet" instructions (clasps are available at craft stores), venus fly traps, outdoor gear, did a camo egg hunt (and one where the eggs were hung, stuck on walls, and glowed in the dark), given a geode, threw in water guns..

Whatever they're interested in, I'm sure the board could help come up with ideas on things to add to your kids' baskets. :)

Awesome ideas! All Hail the Tween Homeschool Mom! :)

• Like 1

My boys are 11 and 13. Besides candy and snacks, they will each get a fun t shirt and a survival bandana I found on Amazon. Then I will probably add a DVD or new game for their PS4 and other little stuff like novelty pens, new toothbrush, $5 Target gift card to buy discounted Easter candy, and maybe earbuds. In the past we have also done small Lego sets, art supplies, silly string, water bottles, and new swim trunks. One year they all got new Bibles, to upgrade from a children's to adult version.

Eta Nerf darts, we always need more!

Edited by TrulySusan
  • Like 1

I go through this every year! I usually end up looking up the stocking stuffer threads and use ideas from there. For a long time I did PJs, but now I'd do cool t-shirts from RedBubble or Etsy, a book, and some good candy. I try not to spend too much on Easter baskets, but I like to keep the tradition up! We just use the same baskets we use every year. 

Edited by ILiveInFlipFlops

What did you do for an actual basket?

We've always used the same baskets, but this year I was thinking they both really need new, practical bicycle baskets. Don't know if I'll actually get any for Easter, we've always kept that pretty simple, with just candy, but maybe I will. I'd like to, just half scared of creating new expectations, lol.

We switched from baskets to gift bags a couple years ago. My kids are 13 and 11 this year. DS gets fishing lures, beef jerky, pool and beach toys, etc. Some years I'll put a beach towel, bathing suit, or rash guard in there. Both kids usually get a book, gum, and Easter candy. DD gets earrings, body wash, nail polish, etc.

• Like 2

We usually use the same baskets but a tackle box crossed my mind (like Hyacinth said)

What goes in the baskets change year by year (according to interests at the time) but fishing stuff is always good.  In fact I am thinking they will find their fishing license in there this year.

Outdoor games (lawn darts, Frisbees, football, wiffle ball set, horseshoes, new fishing pole, etc. ) are all good. 

Usually the shared items are sitting between their baskets and baskets just have candy.

My friend does swimgear each year - suit, towel, goggles.

We do something to help them with their faith so new Christian music, books, DVDs, etc.

I like the idea of hiding eggs with money in them as my dd can't have chocolate anymore!

• Like 1