Menu

U.S. Figure Skating - Nationals

Tammi K

We are in our hotel about to head to the rink where DS competes in his first event of the competition. 

We learned yesterday at the official practice that there is an error in their music. So, they need to pull a new piece and use it instead. The disadvantage is they have never skated to it. Yikes.  Here's hoping for the best.

If you are so inclined, all prayers and positive energy is appreciated!   They could use it.

• Like 18

We are in our hotel about to head to the rink where DS competes in his first event of the competition. 

We learned yesterday at the official practice that there is an error in their music. So, they need to pull a new piece and use it instead. The disadvantage is they have never skated to it. Yikes.  Here's hoping for the best.

If you are so inclined, all prayers and positive energy is appreciated!   They could use it.

That is a serious YIKES on the music change!

My ds started skating last year, so is not anywhere near that level, but I find it hard to understand how a last minute music change to something they have never skated to could work. Since it seems like they practice multiple times to get skating and music in sync. I'm amazed that a last minute change like that is even a possibility.

Good luck to your son!!!! Is this your 13 year old? And is he skating solo or pairs or what?

Congratulations to him for getting to where he is, no matter how this competition goes!!!!

Look forward to end of day update!

• Like 2

That is a serious YIKES on the music change!

My ds started skating last year, so is not anywhere near that level, but I find it hard to understand how a last minute music change to something they have never skated to could work. Since it seems like they practice multiple times to get skating and music in sync. I'm amazed that a last minute change like that is even a possibility.

Good luck to your son!!!! Is this your 13 year old? And is he skating solo or pairs or what?

Congratulations to him for getting to where he is, no matter how this competition goes!!!!

Look forward to end of day update!

Oops,  should update the sig line...he's 14 now ( almost 15. )  They did 'okay' with the new music.  But, there score was pretty low.  They are currently in last place.   But tomorrow is free dance so that should improve their score.  Ah well, live and learn. 

• Like 6

What a bummer!   What kind of error was it?  I also can't imagine winging it to new music, even if it's the same beat/tempo - that's got to throw you off.  Was it the music for the Foxtrot or the Waltz (they did two today, right)?   Dance is my favorite...

Dh is heading out there Wednesday in time for the televised events.  He does stuff behind the scenes...